Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Entertainment Fatpipe 70

• 30-07-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭

Is or has anybody here used this and how have they found it, moving into a new apartment and not sure how long I will be there, this looks appealing to me as it does not have a contract.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

having a month long battle with customer services at the moment just to get it set up.

Based on customer services alone then I would avoid them. cant comment on the actual connection as I havent seen it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I was just called to say it is now available where I am, will have it on the 28th. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have it for a while and it is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Xenji wrote: »
    Is or has anybody here used this and how have they found it, moving into a new apartment and not sure how long I will be there, this looks appealing to me as it does not have a contract.

Just be aware of the 4GB download cap from 4pm - 1am.

If you go over 4GB in this time, you're connection speed gets throttled (I think to 1MB?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

radiospan wrote: »

If you go over 4GB in this time, you're connection speed gets throttled (I think to 1MB?)

Thought it was uncapped, that is good to know though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

What kind of modem did you get with that preatorian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

phill106 wrote: »
    What kind of modem did you get with that preatorian?

You get either a Thomson Tg789 (if you take phone) or a Tg589 if you go for broadband alone.

Ended up going with them, my line got setup on Monday by Eircom and I got a text today saying that my services will be provided within 10 working days and that my modem pack will be sent separately, for anyone who uses Magnet, how many days did it take for the modem to arrive?

Ended up going with them, my line got setup on Monday by Eircom and I got a text today saying that my services will be provided within 10 working days and that my modem pack will be sent separately, for anyone who uses Magnet, how many days did it take for the modem to arrive?

pretty fast 2/3 days tops. But that's down to an post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

radiospan wrote: »

So another Irish company gets away with blatant false advertisement. Hate how they all advertise "unlimited" downloads and then LIMIT the downloads!

• Advertisement

pretty fast 2/3 days tops. But that's down to an post.

Thanks, and from the point when you received the modem, did you just have to plug it in and you had your service, or do you have to anything else?

Thanks, and from the point when you received the modem, did you just have to plug it in and you had your service, or do you have to anything else?

just have to plug it in IIRC. Still waiting on the service.

just have to plug it in IIRC. Still waiting on the service.

So even after you receive the modem, you have to wait for Magnet to activate the line?

So even after you receive the modem, you have to wait for Magnet to activate the line?

Im waitng 2 months for them to activate my line. Im sure yours will be faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

ordered 70mb fatpipe on monday morning (11am) and modem arrived tuesday morning at qtr to 9 (less then 24 hour shipping!!) between now and then ive had no contact with them what so ever about install dates or anything like it, i still need the old eircom faceplate in the hall changed for the vdsl version

the modem i received is the Technicolour TG589vn v3 (Thomson TG589vn v3)

i sent them a email a few mins ago, so lets see if they reply as fast as they ship out modems

Im waitng 2 months for them to activate my line. Im sure yours will be faster

Two months, that is crazy, have they told you why it has taken so long.

dazdrog wrote: »
    ordered 70mb fatpipe on monday morning (11am) and modem arrived tuesday morning at qtr to 9 (less then 24 hour shipping!!) between now and then ive had no contact with them what so ever about install dates or anything like it, i still need the old eircom faceplate in the hall changed for the vdsl version

the modem i received is the Technicolour TG589vn v3 (Thomson TG589vn v3)

i sent them a email a few mins ago, so lets see if they reply as fast as they ship out modems

They would not send out my modem till a guy from Eircom came and put a splitter on the line and activated the line in the booster box, he arrived the next working day after ordering in fairness, hopefully I will have my modem either tomorrow or Thursday.

The Technicolor / Thomson TG589vn V3 has also been discontinued as well.

Two months, that is crazy, have they told you why it has taken so long.

well, less than two months, but longer than one. something to do with the line coming into my flat. We are separate from the main house, but share all the utility connections. There is some admin confusion I think, rather than the actual line being faulty.

well, less than two months, but longer than one. something to do with the line coming into my flat. We are separate from the main house, but share all the utility connections. There is some admin confusion I think, rather than the actual line being faulty.

I live in a 4 apartment block and did not seem to have any trouble, they outsourced the installation seeing that I am in Mayo so a Eircom Tech did it, was in and out in 15 mins and said the line was active and would not interfere with the other residents lines.

I live in a 4 apartment block and did not seem to have any trouble, they outsourced the installation seeing that I am in Mayo so a Eircom Tech did it, was in and out in 15 mins and said the line was active and would not interfere with the other residents lines.

mines an old Georgian house, with 9/10 converted flats. I think the admin have confused an address somewhere. I'm probably giving free internet to one of my neighbors.
    Probably we are written down somewhere as APT 2b when we are really APT2 and the guy in APT 3 has 2 lines without knowing.

Engineer is coming today, so he might have it sorted by the time i come home, hope so, cos it's like living in the dark ages with no internet.

• Advertisement

well mines defo not active as when i connect i get the following

Broadband Connection

2.1 Type ADSL Annex A
    2.2 Status Up
    2.2 Uptime 0 days 0 hours 1 mins 39 secs
    2.3 Line Rate (Down / Up) 1024 Kbps / 256 Kbps
    2.4 Noise Margin (Down / Up) 28.7 dB / 25 dB
    2.5 Attenuation (Down / Up) 26.5 dB / 17 dB
    2.6 Power (Down / Up) 4.9 dBm / 0.1 dBm

well mines defo not active as when i connect i get the following

Broadband Connection

2.1 Type ADSL Annex A
    2.2 Status Up
    2.2 Uptime 0 days 0 hours 1 mins 39 secs
    2.3 Line Rate (Down / Up) 1024 Kbps / 256 Kbps
    2.4 Noise Margin (Down / Up) 28.7 dB / 25 dB
    2.5 Attenuation (Down / Up) 26.5 dB / 17 dB
    2.6 Power (Down / Up) 4.9 dBm / 0.1 dBm

Did they send a technician yet to check the line or did they tell you that you did not need one?

Did they send a technician yet to check the line or did they tell you that you did not need one?

i dont think ya quite understand the process of a fiber install

Everyone that signs up for magnet fatpipe, eircom efiber, or vodafone fiber ALL need a engineer to call to your house and replace the eircom wallplate to one of these
    Z1XZa.jpg

this has to be done first before you will receive any services

i dont think ya quite understand the process of a fiber install

Everyone that signs up for magnet fatpipe, eircom efiber, or vodafone fiber ALL need a engineer to call to your house and replace the eircom wallplate to one of these
    Z1XZa.jpg

this has to be done first before you will receive any services

I have that, the technician put it in on Monday as I did not have a splitter on the wallplate before this, I know how the process works, have eFibre at the home house.

They told me on the phone though that I would not receive my modem till the technician arrived and that they tested the line to make sure it was gonna work, once they pinged it and they were happy with it, only then they would send out the modem, so was curious as to how you got your modem before they did any of that.

i dont know, i ordered online, next day modem arrives lol

i dont know, i ordered online, next day modem arrives lol

I ordered it over the phone, maybe you should call them about it, they are not the best when it comes to emails apparently.

I ordered it over the phone, maybe you should call them about it, they are not the best when it comes to emails apparently.

just after been talking to some one in sale's got transferred to option 3 when ya ring their 1890 number to get a date and had leave a message on a answering machine

so i still know nothing lol

Well the modem arrived today and all I had to do was plug it in and it worked straight away, it is faster than I thought it would be, on the 24mb package and getting download speeds of just over 3 MB/s.

Well the modem arrived today and all I had to do was plug it in and it worked straight away, it is faster than I thought it would be, on the 24mb package and getting download speeds of just over 3 MB/s.

ive a install date for the 21st this month to have the wallplate in hall replaced, should be up and running within 15 mins of that taking place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 newbie1001

Anyone else concerned about how unbelievably bad their customer service is?

Advertisement