Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Entertainment Fatpipe 70

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

newbie1001 wrote: »
    Anyone else concerned about how unbelievably bad their customer service is?

yes, im canceling my contract today, after some unreal hassle with their CS, or lack of CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah already I have started having problems with them, speed has dropped drastically, Eircom are meant to be activating the line today, and if that does not change the speed and I think that it won't, as it is already activated, I will be changing. Only went with them as they offered the whole no contract thing and not sure if I will be in the country come January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

just had mine installed and its flying :D

Line Rate (Down / Up) 50174 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 9.3 dB / 9.1 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.2 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.4 dBm / 1.6 dBm

2914574102.png

dazdrog wrote: »
    just had mine installed and its flying :D

Line Rate (Down / Up) 50174 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 9.3 dB / 9.1 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.2 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.4 dBm / 1.6 dBm

2914574102.png

Had the same speeds and then after 2 days it just crashed and was going so slow, what county are you in.

Xenji wrote: »
    Had the same speeds and then after 2 days it just crashed and was going so slow, what county are you in.

Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Waiting on Fatpipe here myself, Donabate area. Whole town is up and running bar my one little spot : /

I've been happy with Magnet. I'll never give Eircom a penny after terrible hassle years ago, Magnet have been pretty good in fairness. Unfortunatley the line I have is 24mpbs and regularly ****s itself, but it rock solid for gaming which is the most important.

However being unable to load youtube while doing something else is a pain in the arse.

Being at 150mb fibre in my old home, to 24mbps ADSL is such a change I'm just not able to really change and accept :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I also had problems with slow downs. Speed tests dropping to 1m/bit. Customer service did get back to me and thought it might be throttling. Got back to me again today and didn't confirm 100% it was throttling but hinted strongly at it.

I'm cancelling my contract very shortly.

Dear Magnet,

You are completely crazy to throttle people. Using 4 gigabytes DURING peak time is not unusual or greedy. None of the other providers have such limitations in place. It's unfair, it's stupid and it's going to lose you customers. starting with me,

Regards,

All sorts of problems with Magnet tonight. Half the internet isn't responding. Crappy magnet dns servers maybe to blame.

Praetorian wrote: »
    All sorts of problems with Magnet tonight. Half the internet isn't responding. Crappy magnet dns servers maybe to blame.

no problems here tonight and speeds are fine too

2928166973.png

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

Yep same here. Felt like DNS issue to me too. Many websites don't load, clicking try again or refresh gives the same error almost instantly, as if its not getting past the DNS lookup stage.

Pages eventually load after refreshing ten times or so.

But once the connection is made (like on speedtest), no problems at all, connections are full speed.

Fairly frustrating browsing with Magnet tonight.

• Advertisement

"Imagine" having dns problems along with being throttled to 1m/bit. It's a joke.

why not just change dns servers to something else, takee under a min to set up, and they ya never have dns trouble. i dont think ive ever stuck with a irish isp's dns

DNS problems are one thing, I did temporarily use google's dns, but throttling down to 2001 speeds is a little bit stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DNS problems are one thing, I did temporarily use google's dns, but throttling down to 2001 speeds is a little bit stupid.

They haven't seemed to enforce the throttling as of yet though, was talking to one of the better cs guys about it and he assured me it has not been implemented, I haven't noticed it and have well gone over the 4gb daily limit....

No hassle with my fatpipe since install a few weeks ago, line is 50 capable when I hardwire it....

I won't go into the customer service though, I've had my own issues with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WardyCfc

Has anyone successfully negotiated Magnet around this 4gb between 4pm - 1am throttling bs, even tried to do so and to what result, or is it something you just have to live with ??

I will be trying to get them to lift this restriction today. Will let you know how I get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Andy454

if they're throttling between peak hours for downloading more than 4GB they needn't bother installing mine!

Well I rang them and played all innocent about knowing I was being throttled "I just taught it was broke".

It came out in the end and i expressed to the guy that it was unacceptable as there are 4 of us in the house and we are all developers so 4gb dl limit a day just wasn't going to cut it. Apparently he has raised the query to level 2 and is going to try and resolve the issue for me through his manager. So today we are going to download as usual and see what happens.

The plan is to dl as normal everyday and ring them everyday we get throttled giving out untill they fix it or admit they cannot and its permanent at which stage we will be forced to take another course of action. I urge you all to do the same. If they get X amount of calls a day on the same topic they are bound to do something about it

WardyCfc wrote: »
    Well I rang them and played all innocent about knowing I was being throttled "I just taught it was broke".

It came out in the end and i expressed to the guy that it was unacceptable as there are 4 of us in the house and we are all developers so 4gb dl limit a day just wasn't going to cut it. Apparently he has raised the query to level 2 and is going to try and resolve the issue for me through his manager. So today we are going to download as usual and see what happens.

The plan is to dl as normal everyday and ring them everyday we get throttled giving out untill they fix it or admit they cannot and its permanent at which stage we will be forced to take another course of action. I urge you all to do the same. If they get X amount of calls a day on the same topic they are bound to do something about it

Been getting screwed over by them since I got it, still have not got the speeds that I am promised, but it still works so was not gonna ask for any money to be discounted from the bill, but I did ask to have the throttling removed and they agreed to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I don't think that's gonna work now that it's in he public domain what you are doing...

Been getting screwed over by them since I got it, still have not got the speeds that I am promised, but it still works so was not gonna ask for any money to be discounted from the bill, but I did ask to have the throttling removed and they agreed to it.

How did you get them agree to lift the throttle. They where on to me after ringing 3 days in row saying it cant be lifted which its just a straight up lie.

She said to me "Sure Netflix and a few other sites wont be throttled" as if thats supposed to make it better. Consider this I want to use LoveFilm but its being throttled, surely theres a legal issue here, Magnet cant favor Netflix over its competitor LoveFilm by cutting down speed by 3000%.

• Advertisement

How did you get them agree to lift the throttle. They where on to me after ringing 3 days in row saying it cant be lifted which its just a straight up lie.

She said to me "Sure Netflix and a few other sites wont be throttled" as if thats supposed to make it better. Consider this I want to use LoveFilm but its being throttled, surely theres a legal issue here, Magnet cant favor Netflix over its competitor LoveFilm by cutting down speed by 3000%.

I am not sure how they can take the throttling off of just some sites, sounds like more BS from them, I told them I had nothing but trouble since I got their service 2 weeks ago and was thinking of leaving and they took it off, have actually just left them today after being told in a very indigent way " do you think you know better than us " followed by laughing and them making Vodafone seem so bad like they just killed your mother.

Throttled down to 1mbit again. Simple marvelous.

Anyone thinking of going with Magnet should absolutely reconsider.

Throttled down to 1mbit again. Simple marvelous.

Anyone thinking of going with Magnet should absolutely reconsider.

Switched to Vodafone after two weeks and they want to bill me 120 euro, going to have a fun talk with them tomorrow, they have lied to me and have falsely advertised their services, so no way I am paying that amount.

Switched to Vodafone after two weeks and they want to bill me 120 euro, going to have a fun talk with them tomorrow, they have lied to me and have falsely advertised their services, so no way I am paying that amount.

There is also a legal issue you could argue. We didnt pay switching to UPC this week.

Check this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055026088&page=95

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Are all broadband providers just out to rob us? Eircom have laughably slow speeds and by extension so do Sky. Magnet seem to be getting tirades of abuse and I know from first hand experience that UPC are total cowboys.

There is also a legal issue you could argue. We didnt pay switching to UPC this week.

Check this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055026088&page=95

Yeah have that included in a big list, called them today and basically got fobbed off and now they are denying I ever called them saying I was switching last week, asked to speak to a manager and was told the only one there was in a meeting all morning, absolute joke of a company, Comreg will be hearing about this if all does not go well for me.

Well quoted all of this and mentioned about the throttling and they are not charging me the months cancellation fee, as soon as I mentioned them breaking EU law they were very quick in taking the money off for me, so if anyone has any issues with them make sure you say it to them.
    Sounds like this should do it
    DIRECTIVE 2002/19/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
    Article 10
    Obligation of non-discrimination
    1. A national regulatory authority may, in accordance with
    the provisions of Article 8, impose obligations of
    non-discrimination, in relation to interconnection and/or
    access.
    2. Obligations of non-discrimination shall ensure, in
    particular, that the operator applies equivalent conditions in
    equivalent circumstances to other undertakings providing
    equivalent services, and provides services and information to
    others under the same conditions and of the same quality as it
    provides for its own services, or those of it subsidiaries or
    partners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Has anyone opted the the aertv platinum option?

When I go to aertv it you have to sign in/create an account. When you do this it wont let you watch the additional channels without signing up for plus.

Am I missing something here. I haven't received any communication from magnet on how to access this service, on their website it says to just go to aertv.ie and is no mention on aertv.ie about the platinum service.

I am already paying Magnet for the platinum option but it wont let me view the additional channels on aertv without paying for plus.

UPC in today. Magnet can **** right off

http://imgur.com/dNug7Y0

• Advertisement

UPC in today. Magnet can **** right off

http://imgur.com/dNug7Y0

you might want to delete that pic with your ip address in it ;)

Advertisement