Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build on clonsilla road

Options
  • 30-07-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I see a new building nearly complete on the clonsilla road. at the start i presumed it was going to be a business of some sort due to the construction and the look of the building. it looks now as if its actually a home. I think it looks absolutely horrible. not sure how they got planning permission for a building like that if it is a residence. well done to the architect on a wonderful design pffffff. how did this building get planning permission on a road with really nice traditional cottages all the way up to roselawn road? anyone else think its a feckin monstrosity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I kinda like it tbh but I can see what you mean it is out of character with the surrounding houses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yes its out of character but i think its a gorgeous house would love to see the inside of it !!!!

also does anybody know what the new building is thats behind the dentist and the mace??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I see a new building nearly complete on the clonsilla road.
    Where exactly is it? What is the address, or the address of a house near it.

We can then look up the planning application for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

according to that map its 14 clonsilla road. not sure how to use that site tho. it still could be a business of some sort. i really dont know how any of you could like the building. it looks like a spaceship... a badly designed one at that. i am sure inside it will be like something out of grand designs but some people have more money than sense. if i had that kind of cash i would be restoring the old school house up beside the train line or something with a bit of character

A V A wrote: »
    yes its out of character but i think its a gorgeous house would love to see the inside of it !!!!

also does anybody know what the new building is thats behind the dentist and the mace??

thats cunninghams funeral home and thats an example of taking the original structure and modernising it extremely well. the dude on the clonsilla road could have learned a thing or two. its a lovely period cottage which kept all the original features and just modernised the back end.

• Advertisement

thats cunninghams funeral home and thats an example of taking the original structure and modernising it extremely well. the dude on the clonsilla road could have learned a thing or two. its a lovely period cottage which kept all the original features and just modernised the back end.

no the mace on the clonsilla road!!! and yes that funeral home is lovely ,exactly how id love my house to be

and i honestly dont know what people are moaning about!!:confused: its 2013 not 1975!! if you dont live near it or around it then how should it bother you?just because you have to pass it for 2 seconds?he if got planning permission , it was for a reason, i dont see how people are against it,unless your of age and dont get "contemporary infrastructure"???

and also the original building wasnt the best either and if you ask me , i think its near enough the same shape

my god i just had a look at the planning application. not one person objected. or should i say sheeple. i dont know if that was next door to me i would have a big issue with it. look at us ..look at our amazing futuristic house that looks like a kids lego house...reminds me of when they rebuilt the bank of ireland in the village.. my god the state of it. blanch village could and should be a lovely village akin to maynooth or leixslip. sone people got paid hufge amounts of money to design and carry out these builds..the mind boggles. i know you have a shed load of red tape to go through in england to get builds like these approved.. we should really take a leaf out of their book. makes me sick. BOI looks like a 12 year old designed the facade. probably the same "Architechs" and i use that term loosely that did the gaff on the clonsilla road.

I get "contemporary infrastructure"???and i can appreciate a modern nice tastefull build. this is not one of them.

• Advertisement

my god i just had a look at the planning application. not one person objected. or should i say sheeple. i dont know if that was next door to me i would have a big issue with it. look at us ..look at our amazing futuristic house that looks like a kids lego house...reminds me of when they rebuilt the bank of ireland in the village.. my god the state of it. blanch village could and should be a lovely village akin to maynooth or leixslip. sone people got paid hufge amounts of money to design and carry out these builds..the mind boggles. i know you have a shed load of red tape to go through in england to get builds like these approved.. we should really take a leaf out of their book. makes me sick. BOI looks like a 12 year old designed the facade. probably the same "Architechs" and i use that term loosely that did the gaff on the clonsilla road.

i suppose you want circular stones put back on cars as wheels now? i find your statement a bit out dated

i suppose you want circular stones put back on cars as wheels now? i find your statement a bit out dated

not going to rise to your bait. i have made my feelings clear. good day sir!

also i must agree with you on one point!! the bank of ireland does look ridiculous , considering the outdated heaps of sh*t thats around it

not going to rise to your bait. i have made my feelings clear. good day sir!

its not bait its an opinion , simple as

Do you actually like the BOI building? that lovely tourquise metal yoke thingy?

its not that appealing considering whats around it, but if there was more modern buildings around it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Jesus, deep or what.

Bottom line: Somebody has money. And personal taste is always subjective. Its gonna cost a fair few bob and I say fair play to them, whoever they are.

The continuous " dog with bone" attitude points at more than a hint of jealousy IMO.

Build a bridge and..... well, I'm sure you know the rest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

To be honest most of the houses on Clonsilla Road are rather featureless semis dating from the 1960s and early 70s. It's not like there's an existing array of period listed dwellings for anything new to blend in with.

I personally think the new house in question isn't as bad as the OP makes out. I do think however that Main Street in Blanchardstown village could do with further redevelopment to give it a more "urban" feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

As far as I know its a day centre for Daughters of Charity ( St Vincents), for children with special needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

according to that map its 14 clonsilla road
    14 Clonsilla Road, close to Main Street, Blanchardstown made the following planning application in November 2011:
    The development will consist of the refurbishment and extension of the existing dormer dwelling to the front, side and rear, including new front porch, new dormers to front and rear facades, part 1 and 2 storey rear extension, and all associated site and drainage works.
    See: http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=FW11B/0078

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

i quite like it!
    a lot better then the houses next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I like it too, a big improvement for that part of the road. If you want to be offended take a look at the utter rubbish built in Castleknock village during the 90s, the shopping centre beside Topaz looks like a 70s holiday village in Spain!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It would be fine if it wasn't surrounded by the types of houses it's surrounded by. New houses should be in keeping with the houses around them. They can still be more modern and fit in well. It needs a lick of paint too and it might not stand out as much.
    and i honestly dont know what people are moaning about!!:confused: its 2013 not 1975!! if you dont live near it or around it then how should it bother you?just because you have to pass it for 2 seconds?he if got planning permission , it was for a reason, i dont see how people are against it,unless your of age and dont get "contemporary infrastructure"???
    It's not 'contemporary infrastructure' because that's not what 'infrastructure' means.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

I am sure you will all will get used to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Clonsilla road has it's fair share of odd buildings on it - it has been built on over the years by some many different builders that there is no distinct or consistent style to it. Some of the exitsting buildings are pretty odd looking (IMO) For instance this bunker like house near coolmine wood is just plain ugly (sorry to the residents, just my personal opinion!) but there's lots of different styles of houses near it so it gets away with it (maybe).

Each to their own I guess.

It would be fine if it wasn't surrounded by the types of houses it's surrounded by. New houses should be in keeping with the houses around them. They can still be more modern and fit in well. It needs a lick of paint too and it might not stand out as much.

It's not 'contemporary infrastructure' because that's not what 'infrastructure' means.

lol

Advertisement