Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges - The Options...

Options
  • 30-07-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Ok So my bins are due for renewal tomorrow. I'm currently with Panda who've been pretty good to be fair but their putting on a big hike this year to €334 for 52 lifts of the black bin and fortnightly lifts of the green. That's up from about €285 last year.

They have a few options...
    Option 1: €334 - Total charge for year. Weekly black and fortnightly green/brown.
    option 2: €74 ever 3 Months - 7 black lifts and fortnightly green/brown. (€9.50 for any extra black lifts)
    option 3: €76 service charge and tags €9.85/black €6.80/green €4.50/brown

Just wondering what you're paying and if there's a cheaper option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Scotty # wrote: »
    Ok So my bins are due for renewal tomorrow. I'm currently with Panda who've been pretty good to be fair but their putting on a big hike this year to €334 for 52 lifts of the black bin and fortnightly lifts of the green. That's up from about €285 last year.

They have a few options...
    Option 1: €334 - Total charge for year. Weekly black and fortnightly green/brown.
    option 2: €74 ever 3 Months - 7 black lifts and fortnightly green/brown. (€9.50 for any extra black lifts)
    option 3: €76 service charge and tags €9.85/black €6.80/green €4.50/brown

Just wondering what you're paying and if there's a cheaper option?

Oxigen are €253.00 per 12 month x 26 lifts (240L). We manage with the 26 black bin lifts and seemly the brown bins are on the way. Not sure if those prices are just for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bunster

I have a thorntons pay per lift account and it only works out at about €120 per year, the black bin is €8.50 per lift and the green bin is free, I don't need a brown bin cos I have wastemaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i just signed up to oxigen ;last week

i got the black and green small bins (140L) for €19 a month...they gave me the 140L black bin but said they will probably give me the 240L green bin for the same price...
    fortnightly pickup

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Bunster wrote: »
    I have a thorntons pay per lift account and it only works out at about €120 per year, the black bin is €8.50 per lift and the green bin is free, I don't need a brown bin cos I have wastemaid.

Nice first post :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Bunster wrote: »

Do Thorntons serve the Dundalk area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

James__10 wrote: »

not according to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

James__10 wrote: »
    Don't serve Drogheda (Louth & Meath) or East Meath either.

Advertisement