Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddest use of Ireland in a video game perhaps?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I do not remember that at all. What part of the game was it played in?

It's the end theme. After you save Otacon or Meryl, he drives out into the sunset with them on the back of his snowski :P , and then the credits roll and that's the theme and credits and video

Oh, for those who are bad at our language, the lady is singing in Irish.
    The first words are "Ceard a tharla ?" - what happened.
    And it goes on and on (an cuimhnight tu an tám nuair, a bhí tú sásta) can you remember the time that you were happy....etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

SeantheMan wrote: »
    It's the end theme. After you save Otacon or Meryl, he drives out into the sunset with them on the back of his snowski :P , and then the credits roll and that's the theme and credits and video

Oh, for those who are bad at our language, the lady is singing in Irish.
    The first words are "Ceard a tharla ?" - what happened.
    And it goes on and on (an cuimhnight tu an tám nuair, a bhí tú sásta) can you remember the time that you were happy....etc

Bláthnaid Ní Chufaigh translated that for the game

blath013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Vaguely remember reading an interview with a guy working on some FPS years ago - he was irish and had included a bag of taytos on a table in random room in the game. Unfortunately cant remember the game. The article included a screenshot of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

The main character from the sabateur was Irish.
    A pretty enjoyable game, all the accents were way over the top, I hope that was what they were going for in any case!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

were the feck were the ADR when all this dog fighting was going on over our skies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ireland appears as a territory on the World of Tanks clan wars map:

http://worldoftanks.eu/clanwars/maps/

(no direct link to it, just the general map).

The in-game map it corresponds to is dark and dreary...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Odin Sphere has a lot of Irish mythology lightly brushed along in it, along side other European countries.

The main theme has a "seanachi" version, so it's obvious this is deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ye should all Check out "Lords of the Realm 3" tis great craic RTS. Basically like a poor mans Total War but ye can play as Irish tribesmen. The campaign is called "Ard Rí na hÉireann" or maybe just "High King of Ireland" anyways. Great fun, awful accents but nothing quite like bating the Brits back out of the north and Uniting Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

Colin Moriarty! Fallout 3 surprised no one mentioned him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Burgo wrote: »

The main character from the sabateur was Irish.
    A pretty enjoyable game, all the accents were way over the top, I hope that was what they were going for in any case!

so why was he killing the nazi's again??:D

looks like a good game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The McCreary's in GTA 4 were Irish too weren''t they and even had vague references to the IRA i could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

neaideabh wrote: »
    I remember when I had the SNES, I got a lend of this racing game (can't remember the title) and there were different characters you could choose to race with!

Anyways, in the booklet that came with the game they had one character who was called Learner Driver or something to that effect and his profile picture was a goofy/clumsy looking fella. To my horror, his nationality was Irish!

I had a quick google for SNES racing games it but couldn't find anything like it in the initial list that I saw but will try again! Talk about insulting!
    A character called Learner Driver reminds me of Micro Machines or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Top Gear 2 for the Snes had some Irish tracks like Galway and Dublin.

Nothing different than the other tracks but.........still :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

We wanted to add Riverdancing Zombies to PvZ for a paddys day update.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,270 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

"Would you kindly"

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

tomb raider 5 had a level based in Ireland where you help a shady looking priest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Played a bit of Alter Ego this week. The main character is Irish.

Advertisement