Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Please?

• 30-07-2013 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

Could somebody kindly ID this for me? I was driving down some back roads and spotted loads of this -

sawas4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Appears to be Valerian, but its not a great pic, at first I thought it was elderflower, but its not quite right for that, and too late in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Looks more like Meadowsweet (Filipendula) to me, pleasant scent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

looksee wrote: »
    Appears to be Valerian, but its not a great pic, at first I thought it was elderflower, but its not quite right for that, and too late in the season.
    Thanks for replying looksee & sky.

Well my gut feeling before asking was elderflower myself. Sorry about the bad pics, heres another 2 (bad ones!)

2dk0m10.jpg

2modppu.jpg

As you said, it's a little late for the elderflower, but the petals themselves are rather wilted. When I was in the car with my son he commented the car smelled of the elderflower drinks I buy. This was without me saying anything to him at all about it. He's just used to me jumping out of the car pulling things out of ditches :pac:

But Sky, you're right in saying that it does have a pleasant scent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh yes, agreed, meadowsweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

Meadowsweet it is! Thanks for the input looksee & Skry, much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement