If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoned AV Receiver

Options
  • 30-07-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to buy an AV receiver to set up surround sound in my sun room, I was wondering if I could get another zone out of a cheap enough receiver to play music in another room, what kind of price would we be looking at?

Also what is the power consumption of one of these when it's in idle mode?

Thanks,
    Gary

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to buy an AV receiver to set up surround sound in my sun room, I was wondering if I could get another zone out of a cheap enough receiver to play music in another room, what kind of price would we be looking at?

Also what is the power consumption of one of these when it's in idle mode?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Hi Gary.

I answered your post on Adverts also.

The Onkyo TXNR515 does have the phono out for Zone 2, allowing you to connect to a second amp.

Are you looking to play the second Zone at the same time as Zone 1 then the Onkyo fits the bill. It will allow and analog source connected to the receiver to be player in Zone 2 while Zone 1 is on a different source.

The idle power consumption in standby for the 515 is 0.2W

Currently priced at £249.00 with £12.99 delivery. I have these in stock.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny, I am very interested in the 515 all right, ticks a lot of boxes, if it played movies off my server my head would explode :) bit out of my price range though, do you have any demo models or pre owned?

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny, I am very interested in the 515 all right, ticks a lot of boxes, if it played movies off my server my head would explode  bit out of my price range though, do you have any demo models or pre owned?
    No problem Gary.

Does the amp you are looking for have to have the Zone 2 out? At the moment the Onkyo 515 is the cheapest amp even including our clearance range that will do this feature.

There are plenty of 5.1 amp at a lower budget if they would suit?

Let me know and I'll do up a few options.

Hi Kenny,

I would definitely like the zone 2 all right so can you let me know your options.

Also I am looking for a "patch panel" type panel for all the sound wiring in my utility closet, something with phono jacks would probably be best, do you know if that is possible?

Thanks,
    Gary

Hi Kenny,

I would definitely like the zone 2 all right so can you let me know your options.

Also I am looking for a "patch panel" type panel for all the sound wiring in my utility closet, something with phono jacks would probably be best, do you know if that is possible?

Thanks,
    Gary
    The cheapest option for 2 Zone is the Onkyo TXNR515.

For 5.1 home cinema receivers have a look at the following:

Pioneer VSX322 priced at £129.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx322/pion-vsx322-blk

Yamaha RXV373 priced at £168.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv373/yama-rxv373-blk

Onkyo TXNR414 priced at £179.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/onkyo/txnr414/onky-txnr414-blk

Pioneer VSX323 priced at £189.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx323/pion-vsx323-blk

Above this your back to the Onkyo TXNR515.

Let me know if any suit :)

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back, I think you meant the 414, can you let me know what the main differences between the 515 and the 414 are?

Also any suggestions for the patch panel for sound?

Thanks,
    Gary

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting back, I think you meant the 414, can you let me know what the main differences between the 515 and the 414 are?

Also any suggestions for the patch panel for sound?

Thanks,
    Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back to us.

There is a few differences between the 414 and 515.  You've got 8 HDMI inputs on the 515, 2 USB and 2 component.  It will also do 7.1 over 5.1 on the 414.  For future proofing the 515 will also passthrough 4K.

Unfortunately we don't stock any patch panels at all.  Sorry I can't help there.

Let me know what you think on the amps.

Chris

Thanks for all the help guys.

One happy customer here.

Gary

Thanks for all the help guys.

One happy customer here.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Anytime :)

Need anything else just let me know.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.