Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices for top soil

• 30-07-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭

I found a place that sells bags of top soil for 5 euro. The bags are 35L and it looks good quality. I need about 700L so twenty bags would cost 100 euro.

Can you tell me what you think of that price?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a 1 cubic metre bag is €70 from mulch.ie - and that's 1000l. so it's nearly one and a half times as much, for a similar price (allowing for €30 delivery).

www.mulch.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

best to buy in bulk. loose expect to pay 40 ish a ton, bagged 50-70 cu. ton(wouldnt pay that much myself though)

south side landscape providers cabinteely
    n-side mulch in coolock
    peter obrien kinsealy
    garden yard castleknock.

Tim robbins, if you can wait 2 weeks ill be skipping soil in clontarf. frree to you.
    must collect though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

rje66 wrote: »
    best to buy in bulk. loose expect to pay 40 ish a ton, bagged 50-70 cu. ton(wouldnt pay that much myself though)
    how heavy is a 1 cubic metre bag though? they're often referred to as tonne bags, because they'd hold a tonne of water; but it'd obviously be a different weight of soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Paid €50 for a tonne from my local garden centre, it came in a bag and was delivered for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

geeksauce wrote: »
    Paid €50 for a tonne from my local garden centre, it came in a bag and was delivered for free.

Where is your local garden center?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

ive a lot of top soil but with the grass sods still on free if any one is interested ........... dublin south side .

Advertisement