Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing healing problems

Options
  • 30-07-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

So I got my tongue repierced last Friday, it was pierced not in the original place but further back. I've been cleaning properly and taking care of it and I know it's only the fourth day but hear me out!

One side seems to be fine, swelling has gone down, no pain etc and the other side is the polar opposite. Still swollen, sore, sore to swallow and feels like there's a hard lump where it's sore and obviously hurts to touch said lump.

Should I be worried? Should I go see my piercer? Can anyone tell me anything before I make the journey?

Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Mine was sore and swollen for the better part of a week. Pain and discomfort is par for the course for the first week or so really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

My tongue took about a month to heal fully, I ended up getting a tear in it and had to get the bar changed twice for a smaller one (apparently I have a small tongue?!) before it would heal properly. I couldn't really eat anything for about a week.
    If you're really worried about it though I'd say call back in to your piercer. But chances are it's just part of the process, as Adiboo said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I got my tongue repierced and it took quite a bit longer to heal the second time, even though it wasn't pierced in the same spot. After 4 days i wouldn't be too worried, just stick vehemently to your aftercare routine.. If after about 10 days one side is still drastically more swollen I'd definitely revisit your piercer.

Advertisement