Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite things to do??

Options
  • 30-07-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Whats everyone's favourite things to do in Mayo, pastimes etc. Most people think there's nothing to do around here (without spending a small fortune), so lets use this thread to prove them wrong and show them they're just unable to make their own fun!! Example: I love going out fishing for the day... :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mb20064 wrote: »
    Whats everyone's favourite things to do in Mayo, pastimes etc. Most people think there's nothing to do around here (without spending a small fortune), so lets use this thread to prove them wrong and show them they're just unable to make their own fun!! Example: I love going out fishing for the day... :)

"Nothing to see here"....
    Where will I begin :D

Cycling and beaches are my 2 things to do in Mayo. That along with a bit of fishing and mountain climbing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Loads of Lakes and rivers to take the Kayak out on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Playstation 3 for me!

I really don't get fishing, I can't see what the attraction is to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Poker Poker and more Poker

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Climb the Reek

Take the ferry out from Roonagh.........

Atlantic Drive Achill

Lahardane Fair/Foxford Goat Fair/Belmullet on the 15th

Doolough, followed by a few pints in Leenane followed by dinner @ the Helm

The snug in Johnny McHales

Turlough House-letting my kids roll down that hill in front near the lake....then telling them about a ghost over in the Round Tower

A drive or hike up to the booster station in Glenisland

Take a spin down to the Windy Gap and then stop into Healys on the way around

Take in a Mayo match in McHale Park

Go to the stations in your neighbours house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Where to start....

Watching salmon jumping in the ridge pool

Walking/running in beleek woods

Climbing Nephin - Mayo's real mountain ;)

Admiring and appreciating North Mayo from top of Nephin

Watching junior football - the X factor of GAA!

Irish History & Heritage- Dolmen in Ballina, Ogham stones in Lackan etc.

Swimming in lough conn & enjoying Mayo's beaches esp Ross.

Watching confused drivers on the magic roundabouts in Castlebar :D

Bashing Mayo's political elite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

For ye today, have a look at rte2 at 21.30 tonight, it will makes ye all happy.

The beautiful beaches for me as well for family time....and the craic in the pubs for adult time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Love2u

mb20064 wrote: »

Cycling, running, walking, swimming, going to the gym, beach, climbing Croagh Patrick. Spending time in the garden. Avoiding the pubs.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Lately: playing Ingress. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Can't beat a cruise around clew bay to see all the seals and all the different islands and lighthouse with clew bay cruises.

Definitely the best way to clear a hangover :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 angelclar

the Atlantic drive is great. check out downpatick head , the cliff at ceide, climb nephin all this is free.

Advertisement