Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle my xbox and latop

Options
  • 30-07-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am looking for somewhere to recycle my laptop and Xbox. Both are broke but can be fixed. Any suggestions. I would rather if they could recycle if for free or pay me for it. I live in the the Dublin city centre area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

You could try selling them on adverts.ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Depending on spec of laptop and whats wrong ill take them off you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i wouldnt bother putting it up for free off adverts
    theirs alot of people who post that they want it, but half of them want you to go out of your way to give it to them , they prefer to meet up half way, or they are constantly asking questions about it even though you have already given out the information, not to mention the time wasters who ask can they have it but dont reply .... not worth your time mate, id either just throw them out, get them fixed for yourself or sell them for cheap because trying to do something nice and giving it away for free is harder then selling the bleeding things :L besides theirs too many free loaders on adverts anyway :L people make accounts for free stuff, kinda sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skull_town

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i wouldnt bother putting it up for free off adverts
    theirs alot of people who post that they want it, but half of them want you to go out of your way to give it to them , they prefer to meet up half way, or they are constantly asking questions about it even though you have already given out the information, not to mention the time wasters who ask can they have it but dont reply .... not worth your time mate, id either just throw them out, get them fixed for yourself or sell them for cheap because trying to do something nice and giving it away for free is harder then selling the bleeding things :L besides theirs too many free loaders on adverts anyway :L people make accounts for free stuff, kinda sad really

Thanks ino where your coming from. The laptop is working but the screen is kinda broke and the battery is wasted. I am getting a new one in 10 days. Ill have a go at trying to fix the xbox then maybe one of them buy and sell shops will take it then. Thanks for the advice. Plus I don't think I could trust anyone with my laptop all them password are data could still be stored somewhere. You never know:P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Both are electronic items and should be covered by the WEEE. You could probably find a local depot at which you could drop them off for free, here is a link on the WEEE Ireland page that may help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

skull_town wrote: »
    Thanks ino where your coming from. The laptop is working but the screen is kinda broke and the battery is wasted. I am getting a new one in 10 days. Ill have a go at trying to fix the xbox then maybe one of them buy and sell shops will take it then. Thanks for the advice. Plus I don't think I could trust anyone with my laptop all them password are data could still be stored somewhere. You never know:P.

Do a complete system restore on windows and that'll wipe your personal data and then give the laptop to a relative. Even if the screen is broken, it can be hooked up to a monitor and then it doesn't matter that the battery's gone cause it'll be a desktop.

There are loads of young people out there who would love a computer to mess around with, maybe install linux, use it for modding etc. Do you have any relatives that you could offer it to?

It's a shame to just throw away a working computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Akrasia wrote: »
    Do a complete system restore on windows and that'll wipe your personal data and then give the laptop to a relative. Even if the screen is broken, it can be hooked up to a monitor and then it doesn't matter that the battery's gone cause it'll be a desktop.

There are loads of young people out there who would love a computer to mess around with, maybe install linux, use it for modding etc. Do you have any relatives that you could offer it to?

It's a shame to just throw away a working computer.

Was just going to post exactly this, or even just connect it to a tv and use it to watch movies and play music on.

Advertisement