Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shore/pier fishing around loophead

Options
  • 30-07-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im new enough to fishing and am looking to fish from the shore or pier around loophead. I wouldnt be into the mackreal fishing from the cliffs rather just throw out a line (float or not) and enjoy the scenery or a bit of spinning. Whats the best thing to do for pier or shore fishing does the tide have to be in. Or am I wasting my time as in i need to be fishing from the high cliffs or out in a boat? Would you catch pollock with a float near in to the shore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

carrigaholt pier is close enough there is a bit of a pier in kilkee , there is a good strand at spanish point they are all pretty close to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

betonit wrote: »
    Hi, Im new enough to fishing and am looking to fish from the shore or pier around loophead. I wouldnt be into the mackreal fishing from the cliffs rather just throw out a line (float or not) and enjoy the scenery or a bit of spinning. Whats the best thing to do for pier or shore fishing does the tide have to be in. Or am I wasting my time as in i need to be fishing from the high cliffs or out in a boat? Would you catch pollock with a float near in to the shore?

You're certainly not wasting your time! Check out this guy's channel on Youtube. Loads of different techniques for catching fish from the shore and all the videos are filmed in Clare too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

I have had plenty of wrasse at the bridges of ross on both lures and limpets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

dmc17 wrote: »
    You're certainly not wasting your time! Check out this guy's channel on Youtube. Loads of different techniques for catching fish from the shore and all the videos are filmed in Clare too.

I thought him all he knows :P

Advertisement