Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amsterdam half marathon

Options
  • 30-07-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I am looking to book a hotel not too far from race start at Olympic Stadium, obviously I don't want to spend a fortune! Has anyone any recommendations or would I be better off staying near the centre and travelling out on race day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

The half-marathon doesn't start until the afternoon and there's not much out in the area around the Olympic Stadium so you're much better off staying in the centre and getting the Metro out. It's very convenient.

There isn't loads of decent and cheap accommodation in Amsterdam but if you don't mind very narrow staircases, you'll have more options. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I am looking to book a hotel not too far from race start at Olympic Stadium, obviously I don't want to spend a fortune! Has anyone any recommendations or would I be better off staying near the centre and travelling out on race day?

Done this a few years back, feedback is the same as Sacksian.
    Stay in the city, get a Metro over to the expo, they usually have discounted passes available for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Thanks for that advice, I just booked my hotel and entered the run, flight will have to wait til payday but there is a sale on Aer Lingus now!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭plumber77

Would that advice stand for the full marathon too guys? Is the metro in operation that early on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Sure, the Metro from the centre will get you there (you have to change once if you're going from CS - but loads of people will be making the same journey).

Just give yourself plenty of time to get to the Metro station and there's a short walk on the other side.

Stadium start and finish for the marathon is great - enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Doing this next Sunday, just hope the coffee shops don't get the better of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I'm doing it too, stay out of those places til Sunday evening! Good luck!

Advertisement