Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hipster Thread

• 30-07-2013 1:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

:cool:

A thread for those who actually can peel their eyes from the super duper, English Premier League, totes amazeballs Bundesliga, La Liga and Seria A namely. Those who like to watch and discuss matches in the likes of France (I'll talk about that in a second) Holland, Portugal, Belgium, Ukraine, Turkey, Switzerland, Russia, one of the Scandinavian country leagues, Greece or whereever else. Not just resigned to Europe or the top leagues neither, but I think it'll primarily about football from this leagues in the main. Some of the fixtures of note are below. Some times are subject to change of course and some have not been listed yet, and whether or not ESPN (or BT?) show them on TV. I sit in the firstrow if I want to watch online if need be anyway.

Just in regards to Ligue 1, I was a tad hesitant to lump them in with this thread. But felt it might be better served here since last season anyway, ESPN didn't cover as near as many Ligue 1 (or Bundesliga -_-) games as I thought they would and the Ligue 1 thread was quieter than I thought it would be.

Fixtures:

04/08/13 - Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv, The Klasychne, 5pm
    17/08/13 - Ajax vs Feyenoord, De Klassieker 11.30am

22/09/13 - PSV vs Ajax, 3pm
    22/09/13 - PSG vs Monaco, 8pm
    01/09/13 - Marseille vs Monaco

06/10/13 - Marseille vs PSG , Le Classique
    25/10/13 - Monaco vs Lyon

09/11/13 - Fenerbache vs Galatasaray, Kıtalar Arası Derbi

01/12/13 - Feyenoord vs PSV, 1.30pm
    01/12/13 - PSG vs Lyon
    15/12/13 - Lyon vs Marseille, Choc des Olympiques, 8pm

12/01/13 - Benfica vs Porto, O Clássico, 4pm
    19/01/14 - Ajax vs PSV, 3.30pm
    24/01/14 - Monaco vs Marseille

07/02/14 - Monaco vs PSG
    28/02/14 - PSG vs Marseille, Le Classique
    28/02/14 - Dynamo Kviv vs Shaktar Donetsk

02/03/14 - Feyenoord vs Ajax, De Klassieker
    14/03/14 - Lyon vs Monaco

05/04/14 - Galatasaray vs Fenerbache, Kıtalar Arası Derbi
    11/04/14 - Lyon vs PSG
    13/04/14 - PSV vs Feyenoord

03/05/14 - Marseille vs Lyon, Choc des Olympiques
    11/05/15 - Porto vs Benfica, O Clássico 4pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was hipster once, then it got too mainstream, so I stopped being a hipster. But then that became too mainstream.
    So now I don't know what the fook to do with mesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

22/09/13 - PSV vs Ajax, 3pm
    22/09/13 - PSG vs Monaco, 8pm

Looking forward to that day. Don't want to drag the PL into this thread, but same day as City play United so should be a great day of football.

To top it all off, Giants travel to play the Panthers so I'll be glued to the tv all day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MLS is where it's at, All Star game on Wednesday.

I watch two or three games a week I'm that Americanized :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

/\/\/\/\
    "Boundary road..take me home..
    To the place..I belong!..
    VANCOUVER..
    Pretty Momma...Take me home...
    Boundary road..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

They have some decent matches in Poland as well and in Belgium, but it needs some effort to watch them, I guess ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any love for Iceland!?

Cracker in the Premier last night,

Valur 6 - 4 Akranes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

No mention of St Pauli...what kind of hipster thread is this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Any love for Iceland!?

Valur 6 - 4 Akranes

Only when betting on overs :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A new low for this forum, and that is saying something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

KevIRL wrote: »

What a mainstream thing to say.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous post is ridiculous. Here, cheer yourself up a bit.

HwonWWM.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You preferred its earlier stuff? :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    MLS is where it's at, All Star game on Wednesday.

I watch two or three games a week I'm that Americanized :cool:

Assumed there was a MLS thread already. If I'm wrong, by all means post about MLS in here! I watch the odd NY Red Bulls game when I can or MLS highlights.

Nasty tackle on Tim Cahill in the game vs Real Salt Lake this past gameweek. Really entertaining game though.
    Any love for Iceland!?

Valur 6 - 4 Akranes
    P_1 wrote: »
    Only when betting on overs :P

I'll toast to that.

You told me you loved me
    Why did you leave me, all alone
    Now you tell me you need me
    When you call me, on the phone
    Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
    With some other guy
    Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
    To cry, cry me a river
    Cry me a river-er
    Cry me a river
    Cry me a river-er, yea yea

Also lol at the mod thanking your post.

edit - Just copped on, this is more than a thread related dig I bet. More FSA related :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Nasty tackle on Tim Cahill in the game vs Real Salt Lake this past gameweek. Really entertaining game though.

It really was a terrible tackle. Reminded me of McManaman's tackle on the Newcastle player (Heidera?).

This is the video I watched last night with all of the tackles in it until I got to the point where I couldn't listen to the guy talk anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You told me you loved me
    Why did you leave me, all alone
    Now you tell me you need me
    When you call me, on the phone
    Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
    With some other guy
    Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
    To cry, cry me a river
    Cry me a river-er
    Cry me a river
    Cry me a river-er, yea yea

Thread just went all EdenHazard...........I'm out.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Porto and Benfica are good teams to watch. The polish league is of poor standard.Might watch this weeks Mexican games after Chuchos death

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Panthro wrote: »
    I was hipster once, then it got too mainstream, so I stopped being a hipster. But then that became too mainstream.
    So now I don't know what the fook to do with mesel.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what
    I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

I'll be following Ligue 1 this season and hopefully will get over at least once to see Nantes back in the big time. Before they get relegated and have to spend a few more years in Ligue 2 again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I go to LOI games. Do I qualify for this thread?

It's amusing to see people who don't realise the thread title is a pisstake, taking the piss out of a select few who regularly cry about people watching football outside of the usual leagues on this site - EPL, LOL, and La Liga namely, to a lesser extent Bundesliga and Seria A as well.

• Advertisement

It's amusing to see people who don't realise the thread title is a pisstake, taking the piss out of a select few who regularly cry about people watching football outside of the usual leagues on this site - EPL, LOL, and La Liga namely, to a lesser extent Bundesliga and Seria A as well.

Harsh

Harsh

Meh, fair is fair it seems on this site. I've never spoken ill of Irish Football myself in the past till now. Other people can come in here and do their best to derail a genuine thread with a light-hearted title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I'll be keeping an eye on that Nigerian amateur Division 2, some high scoring games I'm told ;)

Meh, fair is fair it seems on this site. I've never spoken ill of Irish Football myself in the past till now. Other people can come in here and do their best to derail a genuine thread with a light-hearted title.

So stoop to that level? Incredibly petty and unnecessary imo. Whether you like the League of Ireland or not at least show it a bit of respect, without it there wouldn't be a FIFA recognised national team for players to aspire to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

watch whatever you want tbh.

the idea of taking a pop at LOI, our home league, while encouraging people to watch the Turkish, Greek and Scandinavian leagues, seems a bit funny to me though.

So stoop to that level? Incredibly petty and unnecessary imo. Whether you like the League of Ireland or not at least show it a bit of respect, without it there wouldn't be a FIFA recognised national team for players to aspire to.

Was it petty and an unnecessary comment? Yeah, I can hold my hands up and say it was. 5 years, 5 years I've been a member of this place, I think I can be excused for stooping to that level once.
    I'm certainly not the only person to post a petty comment however ;)

I'm not like that anderson lad. I don't hate LOI. I've attended nearly a dozen or so games in the past.

Anyway, if you have an issue. Report it. I imagine a couple of people already have.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    watch whatever you want tbh.

the idea of taking a pop at LOI, our home league, while encouraging people to watch the Turkish, Greek and Scandinavian leagues, seems a bit funny to me though.

Exactly. I've never ever discouraged a single person on this site in the past 5 years of watching the LOI whatsoever up until now if you consider it. I certainly don't feel the need to derail LOI threads neither.

As for funny.. well, I think a poster coming into a thread to have a dig at me because I rightfully infracted/banned him half a year ago is funny.

I think the need to bring LOI into this and many other threads for the sake of kicking a fuss is funny too.

Each to their own Slick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Porto and Benfica are good teams to watch. The polish league is of poor standard.Might watch this weeks Mexican games after Chuchos death

Maybe not much too see for football enthusiasts, but in terms of pyro shows, they are quite decent in Poland :cool:

MLS All Stars vs Roma is on at 2am and is on ESPN for those still up.

Roma: De Sanctis; Torosidis, Benatia, Castan, Balzaretti; Bradley, Strootman, Florenzi; Pjanic, Tallo, Totti

Well that escalated quickly. Roma 1-0, Strootman!

• Advertisement

That Ref cam they're showing on ESPN is pretty cool.

Edit: Minute into the 2nd half and its a simple goal for Florenzi. MLS defence was woeful tbh.

The ref cam is pretty pointless imo, doesn't really tell us anything interesting.

That second goal was Collin's fault, went walkabout and left a massive hole, yet the commentators are blaming Ashe. Collin's completely overrated anyway.

Hope Magic Mike Magee scores, legend.

The ref cam is pretty pointless imo, doesn't really tell us anything interesting.

It's a bit of a novelty alright. Hadn't seen it before so found it cool to see clips of the game from the refs perspective.

Probably would get old pretty fast alright.

PSG vs Bordeaux is on at 7.45pm tonight, I'm not entirely sure if it's on TV but I'll tweet a few streams anyway if you check my sig.

Bordeaux leading PSG 1-0! 2nd half is underway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's on tv5 monde, people on upc should have it.

• Advertisement

Bordeaux should really be up another goal or two. They've soaked up the PSG pressure well for the most part before hitting them quickly on the counter. Poor finishing or final ball is halting them. Still a little less than 20 mins left for PSG to find an equaliser.

Wow, poor decision there. Ibra goal wrongly ruled offside.

1-1!

Superb Ibra assist which Ongenda finishes.

Alex scores in the 93rd minute for PSG, they win the Super Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

Shakhtar Donetsk 3 Dinamo Kiev 1. Sevastopol beat Tavriya in the Crimean derby last night.

In Russia, Anzhi have 2 points from 4 matches. Saw a quote from an opposition coach about them having great players but no team. Spartak Moscow and Rostov are top on 10 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Screamer from Banega

• Advertisement

Indeed it was.

Was just about to post Valencia vs Inter is on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

PSG vs Bordeaux is on at 7.45pm tonight, I'm not entirely sure if it's on TV but I'll tweet a few streams anyway if you check my sig.

Wasn't that match on in Gabon or somewhere strange like that?

P_1 wrote: »
    Wasn't that match on in Gabon or somewhere strange like that?

Yup... and I didn't know that till now. I was thinking the Parc des Princes looked very different :D

Montpeiller vs PSG is on atm, home side have taken the lead with a goal from the superb Cabella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Montpeiller vs PSG is on atm, home side have taken the lead with a goal from the superb Cabella!

That draw just did me out of 20 quid!
    Didn't get to see the game, any idea how it went?

Junior D wrote: »
    That draw just did me out of 20 quid!
    Didn't get to see the game, any idea how it went?

Had it on another stream but didn't watch much of it. ESPN are showing the full match right now if you want to give it a watch. I'am anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

PSG still look like a new ship with a great crew but no captain. Zlatan seemed to only play up top when Cavani came on, probably had as lousy a game as he ever had(was fairly at fault for the opener too) they fair lack width at times, it was so easy for Montpellier when Cavani and Zlatan played too close to one another. Like the look of Rabiot.

Monaco in action against Bordeaux on one of the BT sports channels from 8pm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Monaco in action against Bordeaux on one of the BT sports channels from 8pm.

Just tuned into this. Interesting to see how it goes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Crazy that Moutinho isn't starting.

Monaco look relatively solid so far, Falcao with Rodriguez playing just behind him. Couple of shaky moments at the back, Carvalho and Abidal the fastest any more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement