Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hipster Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm watching Lyon vs Nice. Was about to post that nothing's happened but Lacazette just put Lyon in front. 1-0 to the home side.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

0-0 at HT time in Bordeaux. Monaco have bossed the possession without creating many decent chances.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Two late goals should wrap up the three points for Monaco, Falcao getting the second goal just now.

edit - nearly scored his second with a screamer just missing wide.

Lyon beat Nice 4-0. First half was pretty meh but the second half was entertaining.

Lacazette with two goals (had a great chance to bag a hat-trick). Gourcuff was very good too and scored a great free-kick and had a few assists. Grenier did well also as did the right-back Lopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

- bo - wrote: »
    I'll be following Ligue 1 this season and hopefully will get over at least once to see Nantes back in the big time. Before they get relegated and have to spend a few more years in Ligue 2 again...

998569_490255284393238_458631405_n.jpg

2-0 win against Bastia and first 3 points on the board :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Early days in Ukraine but you could wonder if the Kyev/Shackthar duopoly is coming to an end. Kharkiv finished ahead of Kyev leas season and Kyev lost at home to Odessa this afternoon

Drogba scored the winner in extra time of the Super Cup for Galatasary against Fenerbache. Bruno Alves was sent off on his debut for Fener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Loved watching 'Eurogoals' on Eurosport back in the day....does it still be on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Watching the FC Dallas v LA Galaxy game here

Pretty poor quality from both sides.
    I was going to say that LA, despite having most of the possession, don't look like scoring at all because their play in the final third has been brutal. Especially Zardes who couldn't finish his dinner. But then just on half time, Keane played a sweet ball over the top for Donovan to run onto and finish well.

1-1 now, Dallas opened the scoring from a corner, where they've been dangerous all season and where LA have been poor.

As I said, its a pretty poor game so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Once again, Dallas score from a set-piece. Absolutely horrible defending again from LA, although there was a hint of offside

Finished 3-3!
    LA came back and went 3-2 up, and then surprise, surprise they concede another goal from a set-piece.
    Donovan got a hat-trick, Keane looked dangerous, but Zardes, I wanted to punch my laptop screen everytime he popped up.
    Full of running and strength, but my god he has awful technique and finishing. Messed up 2 good chances and constantly passed the ball away to the opposition

Loved watching 'Eurogoals' on Eurosport back in the day....does it still be on?

Used to watch it whenever it was when I was younger. No idea if it's still on though. A few Youtube channels have dedicated goals and league highlights though.

- bo - wrote: »
    998569_490255284393238_458631405_n.jpg

2-0 win against Bastia and first 3 points on the board :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Cheers for that, I must keep an eye out on that official YouTube channel. I hooked up a stream of the match to the TV last Saturday night. Looked an amazing atmosphere, can't wait to get over in again in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

The Ligue 1 channel on youtube look's good,Watched a couple earlier,Not too comprehensive but enough to keep you going.Enjoyed Gourcuff running the show for Lyon and Valbuena nearly scoring an overhead kick.Hopefully there's a few other official channel's up and running.

Hard to get highlight's of all the major Euro league's,Even more so now that ESPN is with BT sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've read good things on twitter about the new BT studio show 'Sunday Night Football'. Might be one for the hipsters to check out! They talk about BL, Ligue 1 & Serie A. Hosted by James Richardson with some 'experts' alongside him (Raphael Honigstein and Julien Laurens)

I'll have to record it this Sunday.

• Advertisement

bradlente wrote: »
    The Ligue 1 channel on youtube look's good,Watched a couple earlier,Not too comprehensive but enough to keep you going.Enjoyed Gourcuff running the show for Lyon and Valbuena nearly scoring an overhead kick.Hopefully there's a few other official channel's up and running.

Hard to get highlight's of all the major Euro league's,Even more so now that ESPN is with BT sport.

It's excellent indeed. Was a real time saver last season as ESPN didn't show the amount of games I was hoping they'd show (likewise with other leagues on the continent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've read good things on twitter about the new BT studio show 'Sunday Night Football'. Might be one for the hipsters to check out! They talk about BL, Ligue 1 & Serie A. Hosted by James Richardson with some 'experts' alongside him (Raphael Honigstein and Julien Laurens)

Watched it last Sunday with Barton on it was a bit lame tbh but but Marseille vs Guingamp was never gonna be my thing. They showed Joey his accent clip(and a clip of Harry giving an interview in the BT studio out a car window) & talked about what happened in europe over the weekend. But more James Richardson is always a good thing, just cannot wait for Serie A to start just as long as Michael Owen isn`t involved at all.
    Their is a U21 game on eurosport tonite @ 7:15 between France & Germany, could be good.

Only saw it earlier, but dear me that Gourcuff FK. Himself and Grenier are going to score some ridiculous goals this season I hope.

He put another on a plate for Grenier that he missed from about 6 yard's out.Can see why the Arsenal talk is re-igniting after that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Oat23 wrote: »

GTR63 wrote: »
    Watched it last Sunday with Barton on it was a bit lame tbh but but Marseille vs Guingamp was never gonna be my thing. They showed Joey his accent clip(and a clip of Harry giving an interview in the BT studio out a car window) & talked about what happened in europe over the weekend. But more James Richardson is always a good thing, just cannot wait for Serie A to start just as long as Michael Owen isn`t involved at all.
    Their is a U21 game on eurosport tonite @ 7:15 between France & Germany, could be good.

it's for an hour before a game this sunday & half an hour after is it always like that?

• Advertisement

Only catching up with Eredivisie highlights, so only getting around to seeing 17 year old Bukkali's hat trick from last weekend . What a way to announce yourself.

Sochaux vs Lyon is on ESPN at 7.30pm

Lazacette is going to be a nice earner for the gamblers amongst here.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sochaux vs Lyon is on ESPN at 7.30pm

2-1 to Lyon at halftime, Benzia & Lacazette . Stewart Robson is an angry Arsenal fan, poor Farrar has said that`s a story for a different time more than once.

Unusual to see Gourcuff do so much running :P

Unusual to see Gourcuff do so much running :P

He had a helluva game last week too going by the highlights. Fantastic goal from a freekick in injury time.

Tidy finish from Gourcuff, 3-1.

FT: 3-1 to Lyon, good win for the away side after going behind. Were comfortable once they scored their first.

Tidy finish from Gourcuff, 3-1.

Surely the subject of a last gasp bid come the end of the window,Putting a good string of game's together now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Benzia and Lacazette are doing really well for a pairing so young.

Also, my adopted 2.Bundesliga team, Greuther Furth, have been so kind to me and my betting again today, winning 2-1 away. Go on the lads.

• Advertisement

Is there a La Liga thread?

Both La Liga matches were listed as on sky sports 4 tonight but instead they are showing tennis and the matches have been relegated to behind the red button :mad:

On UPC so cant watch them.

Was watching Konyaspor vs Fenerbahce earlier. Turned it off after 75 minutes, Konyaspor were 2-0 down and missed a peno.

Came back to win 3-2 :(

Both La Liga matches were listed as on sky sports 4 tonight but instead they are showing tennis and the matches have been relegated to behind the red button :mad:

There is somewhere. I'm sure it'll be bumped when the Barca fapathon for 13/14 season begins tomorrow.

De Klassieker between Ajax and Feyenoord kicks off at 11.30am for those up early tomorrow morning.

Probable line ups -

BR3p_19CcAAUty6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

that graphic's racist :pac:

FC Basel having a poor start to the season. :mad:

Yeah I noticed that. Setanta Ireland had a live match between Marseille and Evian scheduled but it never materialised either.

Only just getting in and tuning in now. Both main men upfront have scored already in Pelle for Feyenoord and Sigthorsson for Ajax to level things up 39 minutes in. Great atmosphere as you'd expect.

Good timing (:D) , Sigthorsson makes it 2-1 with a fine header.

Ajax win De Klassieker, 2-1. Comfortable for the most part. Feyenoord looked a shadow of the team I watched last season on occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good wins for Sligo and Shelbourne U-19's in their opening fixture yesterday.

;)

Falcao who?

Rivière hat trick for Monaco. Early doors and all, but it's looking like being one of the signings of the summer.

Falcao who?

Rivière hat trick for Monaco. Early doors and all, but it's looking like being one of the signings of the summer.

Where did they get Riviere, never heard of him before last week. How did Eriksen play earlier?

Where did they get Riviere, never heard of him before last week.

Toulouse.
    How did Eriksen play earlier?

He did alright in the bits n bobs I saw (last hour or so). Feyenoord's players coudn't get near to him when on the ball in general. A couple of defence splitting passes were just a tad off from being perfect for the likes of Fisher, Bojan and Sigthorsson. One of his crosses should have led to a goal, but for Bojan being Bojan (ie: utterly useless). Had one great defensive moment in tracking Vilhena and intercepting him.

Thought Fischer and Sig outshined him though. An excellent display from the latter, could see him being a Soldado/Higuain level striker in future.

Fischer simply impresses me every time I see him. I'd be delighted if Liverpool bid on him if things don't go to plan with Willian, though I think the player will remain with Ajax for at least one more year due to being guaranteed regular football ahead of the World Cup, Champions League football and the Danish contingent at the club.

I heard about this from a friend and reading my Twitter timeline, but what a goalkeeping display from Ochoa against PSG (watch the second vid)! Two fine goals in that game in that game too, Cavani opening his account for home side.

20ac3ed53d2ae9e8dc734ec748aecdd4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Ajax win De Klassieker, 2-1. Comfortable for the most part. Feyenoord looked a shadow of the team I watched last season on occasion.

Was at that game actually, Feyenoord were indeed muck, Pelle got one of the ****test goals in the history of the universe early on and Feyenoord were content from that point on to whack it up to him at every opportunity. Ajax were by no means brilliant either, Bojan was very disappointing in particular. Fischer was electric however, as was Ruben Ligeon who i found seriously impressive filling in for Van Rhijn

• Advertisement

Monaco v Toulouse and Heerenveen v Ajax (the battle of the Icelandic strikers! :D Finnbogason v Sigthorsson) is on tonight for those unaware and need their football fix, assuming the Dortmund or La Liga game holds no interest.

Both kick off in a couple of minutes.

Belter of a first half in Holland, both Icelandic strikers have scored. Heereveen were 2 goals down to Ajax and have come roaring back to lead 3-2 at half time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Had ajax in the weekend acca, bleugh. Still time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sorry for going OT but is any watching the Monaco game? Is it "behind closed doors" or is no one interested enough to turn up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

3-3 now, decent strike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement