Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Hipster Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It's not off topic Mike ;)

Not watching it but long story short, Monaco have about 20 match going fans.

20,000 when they win a trophy.

Bojan in disappearing off the face of the planet shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What the f**k was Vermeer doing there :D

Happy I went over 2.5, but judging by your Bojan is sh*t tweet, you had Ajax to win? Unlucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭- bo -

Nantes - PSG tonight. All 38,000 tickets sold out earlier in the week, atmosphere should be something else. I've booked a weekend off work in October to hopefully get over to the home game against Lille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

18 goals scored in the LOI U-19 league thus far in just three games today. At least teams are building on strong attackers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Shannon Town are after winning the annual Wesley Webb Cup
    http://www.clarecourier.ie/article.asp?id=3729

Peace and serenity lasted a few weeks, but it seems Lyon are imploding now.

2-0 down after 35 mins away to Evian.

Hilarious dive from Ibra there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Joey Barton is as bad a pundit as he is a human being

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

In the Irish League Coleraine are beating last year champions Cliftonville in Solitude 3-0. Theres a decent highlight of the Irish League show on the bbc website,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23825522

Bruma the promising Portugese attacker from the U20 World Cup has joined Galatasaray from S.Lisbon for a cool €10m.
    Another to look out for is argentine winger Centurion who joined Genoa on loan with an option to buy.

Portadown beat Ballinamallard 11-0 today in the Irish League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

kksaints wrote: »
    Portadown beat Ballinamallard 11-0 today in the Irish League.

Someone seems to have a solid defense and a great goalkeeper there :eek:

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Someone seems to have a solid defense and a great goalkeeper there :eek:

Ballinamallard had only conceded 3 in 5 matches before today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

GTR63 wrote: »
    Another to look out for is argentine winger Centurion who joined Genoa on loan with an option to buy.

I hear he's good at Roman around the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

kksaints wrote: »
    Ballinamallard had only conceded 3 in 5 matches before today.

It's not a match fixing scandal, isn't it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Rivière hat trick for Monaco. Early doors and all, but it's looking like being one of the signings of the summer.
    Didn't he sign in January? :p

Didn't he sign in January? :p

You tell me. :)

Don't follow Ligue 2 really, though I'd be a tad surprised considering I heard nowt of it back in January.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah, he's definitely been there since last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oh wow, Zlatan is just far too good sometimes. The unforced brilliance of that first time pass was vintage Ibra.

Matuidi finished it, 1-0.

Went to see the New York Cosmos play Minnesota United in the NASL on Saturday. Wasn't the best of quality obviously but it was an action packed game despite the low score.

The Cosmos won 1-0 late in the second half, the win took them top of the NASL. Decent atmosphere while not being anywhere near a full attendance, not that I expected the latter of course. Going to make it a somewhat regular visit to their games what with their matches played in Long Island. While the New York Red Bulls are in the MLS. They are ages away and in the middle of nowhere of New Jersey which doesn't help.

Great seeing Marcos Senna play too. Was always a big fan of his in his Villarreal days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You tell me. :)

Don't follow Ligue 2 really, though I'd be a tad surprised considering I heard nowt of it back in January.

He did join in Jan, can remember he was on the updated fm squads after the jan transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Some decent games tomorrow.
    17:00 Besiktas - Galatasaray, 20:00 PSG - Monaco, 19:45 Milan - Napoli, 15:30 PSV - Ajax and 14:00 Roma - Lazio.

The one Ligue 1 game I want to watch is going head to head with the Milan game. Feck sake & tonite I had to watch and damn near die of boredom watching Chelsea vs Fulham.
    Got a feeling i'll end up watching the second half of PSG & Monaco though.

• Advertisement

The one Ligue 1 game I want to watch is going head to head with the Milan game. Feck sake & tonite I had to watch and damn near die of boredom watching Chelsea vs Fulham.
    Got a feeling i'll end up watching the second half of PSG & Monaco though.

No recordable box?

No recordable box?

I do yeah but BT usually inform you of goals, don't they?
    Remember Paul Dempsey ruining a game for me a few weeks back without warning

I do yeah but BT usually inform you of goals, don't they?
    Remember Paul Dempsey ruining a game for me a few weeks back without warning

Ah ye I think you're right.

Ill watch the Milan/Napoli game live and hopefully they dont spoil PSG/Monaco .

Roma/Lazio at 2 as well.

Good game between Besiktas & Galatasaray. Hugo Almeida gave Besiktas the lead and Drogba hit back with a brace for a 1-2 win.

Game ending with a red card and crowd trouble. Galatasaray gone to their dressing room to avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

1-0 PSG, Ibra with the goal!

• Advertisement

Lyon are such an odd team.

Losing 5-1 away to a rather poor Montpeiller side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Hows Belhanda getting on at Kiev?

hefferboi wrote: »
    Hows Belhanda getting on at Kiev?

I've only watched the game v Shaktar in bits n bobs in which he played very well in the first half, but I'd be lying to say if I knew anything much more than that tbh. Still disappointed he opted for playing in the Ukraine.

Been very quiet in here lately.

PSG overtook Monaco at the top of Ligue 1 this weekend. Surprise package Nantes still sitting in 4th, Lyon way back in 14th.

My uncle head over to Enschede this weekend to watch Twente draw 1-1 with Ajax. I've been promised a programme for this one. Eredivisie continuing it's traditional form by being extremely tight at the top. The top 7 teams are all just 1 win off being top of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Heading over to see Club Brugge play Genk Next weekend. Can't wait.

First leg of the Asian CL final starts in 20 minutes if anyone is interested. FC Seoul face Guangzhou Evergrande.

Seems to be on Eurosport in every country except the UK & Ireland..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am sure most of you 'hip' lads have seen this test in the Guardian today and taken the test a few times changing your answers ontill you got the desired effect/ ego boost (handy tip, you can facebook share/ tweet it to your hip mates).

Anyway here is the link for anybody not in the circle of hipness.

Are you a football hipster? Take our test to find out

Do you know your regista from your trequartista? Your false nine from your true 10? Your 4-1-2-3 from your 4-2-3-1? Take our test to see how much of a football hipster you really are

http://www.theguardian.com/football/quiz/2013/oct/29/are-you-a-football-hipster

You scored 38 out of a possible 60 Close but no cigar – YOU'RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there's part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you're well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom.

:mad:

You do realise the thread title was made in jest at all those who cry hipster for watching football outside of England, Real Madrid and Barcelona namely?

Anyway, wasn't sure how to really answer numbers 5, 8 and 14, but I did it nonetheless.

72c1a6581af9b0b88583db43612b7513.png

Oat23 wrote: »
    You scored 38 out of a possible 60 Close but no cigar – YOU'RE A BIT OF A HIPSTER! You love a bit of tactical talk and wear your 1991-92 St Pauli away shirt with pride, but deep down there's part of you who prefers a cavorting mess of a 4-3 to a well-disciplined 0-0. You heathen, you. Still, you're well on your way to zen-like hipsterdom.

:mad:

:D

I was thinking of you when I got my final score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

You scored 52 out of a possible 60

CONGRATULATIONS! You say Italian teams in an Italian accent, love stories of tactical innovations of the 1950s and prefer a well-executed lateral five-yard pass to a 30-yard screamer into the top corner. YOU'RE A FULLY FLEDGED FOOTBALL HIPSTER!

I feel ashamed :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You scored 50 out of a possible 60

CONGRATULATIONS! You say Italian teams in an Italian accent, love stories of tactical innovations of the 1950s and prefer a well-executed lateral five-yard pass to a 30-yard screamer into the top corner. YOU'RE A FULLY FLEDGED FOOTBALL HIPSTER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Huzzah seems I also use the correct local verbiage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭- bo -

Booked flights the other day for Nantes - Monaco at the end of next month. €47 return. I'd originaly planned to go to the game against Lille last Friday but a combination of Ryanair jacking up the price by almost €200 and then Bohs having an important game in Drogheda meant I left it be. Can't wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Still don't know what a false nine is

I got 37 out of 60 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

36 out of 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

1 out of 60 - totally mainstream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I got a 37

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I'm flying to Tallinn tomorrow to see Levadia vs Paide in the Meistriliiga. :cool:

Advertisement