Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car air con regas €29 from citreon

• 30-07-2013 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

As it says... from Citreon

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/citroen-dublin/24722732

Cars can rediscover their chill-factor as they undergo an air-conditioning service complete with system re-gas. The service is designed to restore the unit to its optimum operating capacity, and is available for all makes and models with engines of up to 2.5 litres.

Highlights
    • Designed to restore unit to optimum operating capacity
    • Includes system re-gas
    • Available for all makes and models up to 2.5 litres
    Validity: Expires 30 September 2013.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Do all cars that have aircon need this thing?
    I don't even know what regas is :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Well many cars need regas, I have my car four years and never really needed the aircon but the recent hot weather has shown my air con doesnt work so this may be one option to get regassed, its a common enough job on air con systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Do all cars that have aircon need this thing?
    I don't even know what regas is :-/

If you run the air con/ climate control about once a month it'll be fine. If you only turn it on when it gets warm the gas may have leaked out and the seals dried up. A regas is the first step to getting cold air again. If the air con hasn't been used in years don't be surprised to be told it'll need new seals and a regas

Just be aware that some car makes don't like being regased by a different brand/company. I've a Honda Accord and from reading the forums they don't take kindly to non Honda air conditioning services
    chris85 wrote: »
    Well many cars need regas, I have my car four years and never really needed the aircon but the recent hot weather has shown my air con doesnt work so this may be one option to get regassed, its a common enough job on air con systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Sweet deal, if still stuck, hand mine done 2 or 3 weeks ago for €39

at First Stop (Square Fit) 01 451 1156 in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

Had mine done last weekend for 40 too in First Stop Dundrum, was put up to 60 on the day I arrived but they had already quoted me so stuck to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

does it include change of pollen filter too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Ive a c3 Picasso, should I go for it?
    Had the air con on today as a test, nice and cold to be honest. Not sure it needs doing so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

faral wrote: »

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Had the air con on today as a test, nice and cold to be honest. Not sure it needs doing so?
    Sounds like you don't need it.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

faral wrote: »

Pollen filter (Hepa 9 filter) costs more than an Air-Con re-gas.

You can always re-gas your aircon yourself- places like Micksgarage.ie sell the kits. I've done a few cars this summer- I got 5 cars done on one tank- but of course it depends on what the leakage is like- if your gas had fully leaked, it may take a whole tank......

Check out Micksgarage.ie- they're local guys selling the DIY kit

• Advertisement

Pollen filter (Hepa 9 filter) costs more than an Air-Con re-gas.

You can always re-gas your aircon yourself- places like Micksgarage.ie sell the kits. I've done a few cars this summer- I got 5 cars done on one tank- but of course it depends on what the leakage is like- if your gas had fully leaked, it may take a whole tank......

Check out Micksgarage.ie- they're local guys selling the DIY kit

These kits vent to the atmosphere and while the new air con gas isn't as dangerous as the older types it's still not a good idea to vent it. And at €75 it's not cheap and not many people have 5 cars

Del2005 wrote: »
    These kits vent to the atmosphere and while the new air con gas isn't as dangerous as the older types it's still not a good idea to vent it. And at €75 it's not cheap.

Its a simple recharge- no venting involved. You also get the anti-fungal spray for your pipes (which is vented). Its not a venting of the A/C system- its a top-up of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Should I be worried that my c5 ac smells like dog poo when I turn it on? Is that the gas leaking? It's 2008 model so hopefully not a toxic gas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I think a bad smell from the air con is a sign the air con needs to be regassed

duffmagic wrote: »
    Should I be worried that my c5 ac smells like dog poo when I turn it on? Is that the gas leaking? It's 2008 model so hopefully not a toxic gas.

To be honest with you- its most likely fungal growth in your system.
    They recommend you use one of the car ventilation anti-fungicides, on an annual basis.

Its not unusual- and its not a sign of either toxic gas- or you loosing a/c gas- its just a sign that your system needs a cleaning.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

BE AWARE

I just bought this and called the garage to book in. Next appointment was 16th September!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I had the cold blower on yesterday (no aircon) and it was bloody freezing ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sweeneytodd

BuzzFish wrote: »
    BE AWARE

I just bought this and called the garage to book in. Next appointment was 16th September!!

Knew this would happen. They have already sold nearly 300 of these so I worked out they will need to do 5 a day to get them all done by the end of September plus there is another few days to run on the offer. The AC units will all be working perfectly for the winter months...:P:P

Knew this would happen. They have already sold nearly 300 of these so I worked out they will need to do 5 a day to get them all done by the end of September plus there is another few days to run on the offer. The AC units will all be working perfectly for the winter months...:P:P

No excuse for fogged up windows then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Its a simple recharge- no venting involved. You also get the anti-fungal spray for your pipes (which is vented). Its not a venting of the A/C system- its a top-up of the system.

I've heard doing this yourself is illegal ?

bmm wrote: »
    I've heard doing this yourself is illegal ?

Why ever would it be illegal?
    Its very easy to do- and even the DIY kit has a pressure gauge- it may not be foolproof- but its damn near.
    The larger cylinder can do up to 10-12 cars (its a little bigger than the small sized fire cylinder (and looks quite like one, with the nozzle etc).

Also- Micksgarage and Halfords would hardly be selling the home DIY kits- if it were illegal? Would they?

Please correct me if I'm wrong- I just don't see what the issue is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Great deal if only i didn't have a leak :(

Great deal if only i didn't have a leak :(

The recharger I've used seals small cracks (and pinholes) according to the label. (not sure what the story is with pinholes). If your leak is through a very minor crack- which would be pretty normal- recharging it may very well seal the crack (check the particular recharger though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

The recharger I've used seals small cracks (and pinholes) according to the label. (not sure what the story is with pinholes). If your leak is through a very minor crack- which would be pretty normal- recharging it may very well seal the crack (check the particular recharger though)

Would the Citreon refill include the sealing agent?? Or am i best of getting the home kit?

Would the Citreon refill include the sealing agent?? Or am i best of getting the home kit?

I genuninely don't know. You'd be best off asking them. If you're not happy tinkering with the piping, looking for the a/c nipple etc- you're best off getting it done by the garage. Ask them if their recharger also has sealant though- there is no point in my saying it definitely does, or doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I had a Citroen C4 from new in 2009 to this year with air con on every day (I hate even normal temperatures) and it never stopped being ice cold. What causes the requirement for regassing? Or do you generally get a few years out of it first as I did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had a Citroen C4 from new in 2009 to this year with air con on every day (I hate even normal temperatures) and it never stopped being ice cold. What causes the requirement for regassing? Or do you generally get a few years out of it first as I did?

gas systems leak. there are also a few drops of oil in the system which dry up and are redone during the regas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paul1212

Didn't turn out that useful to me. The original "use by" date for getting your car serviced was the end of Sept. I called up the Citreon garage today to ask for an appointment and was told that the first available date I could get was Dec 18th. I wasn't happy about it being so far away because I don't think it is honoring the deal fairly. The reply I got was that they got way more subscriptions than they expected and they feel they are handling it by extending the deadline indefinitely. As a customer that is not really my problem. The guy I talked to didn't seem to think there was any problem and it was somehow my fault that I was one of the large number who subscribed. Oh and the hot weather this summer meant that more air conditioning units were broken. He suggested I talk to Groupon. I did that and they had no problem crediting my Groupon account with the amount. So if anyone else doesn't expect to have to wait 4+ months then call Groupon and they will credit your account with the amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Was a bit annoyed with the wait as well, still booked for mid October, didnt know it was easy to cancel...
    Anyway gonna stick with it as a/c doesn't work at all. I don't hear the click from the compressor and the drop in engine rpm which used to be present when I switched on the a/c also doesn't happen.
    Would the re-gas/service still be a fix or is there more wrong?
    Recently had the timing- and accessory belt done (official brand garage) wonder if its coincidence or if they messed something up...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 waterfordal

Just wondering if anyone has got this done and how it worked out.I'm a bit worried they'll use the voucher to get me in the door and then tell me I need several different things in order to make more money out of me!

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Just wondering if anyone has got this done and how it worked out.I'm a bit worried they'll use the voucher to get me in the door and then tell me I need several different things in order to make more money out of me!

Thanks in advance

You know.... On the off chance a mechanic does this you can always use the magic words "no thanks".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

They did mine last week, rang when it was done and asked if I wanted the a/c system cleaned. Think they wanted to charge €40 for it so said no thanks. Don't think they even check anything else on the car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

flyguy wrote: »
    They did mine last week, rang when it was done and asked if I wanted the a/c system cleaned. Think they wanted to charge €40 for it so said no thanks. Don't think they even check anything else on the car...
    I think Fastfit charge €10 for the 'bomb', so €40 is a rip-off extra.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 40 waterfordal

Thanks for the info lads.brought mine in today and they reckon there's a leak in the system and they can't tell where because they don't have some gear they need to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement