Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent purchase of 24mb package - only connecting at 8 and sales staff not responding

Options
  • 30-07-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Father recently moved back to eircom for his broadband, at first was being offered an 8mb package, but after some to-ing and fro-ing over email (which i have to hand - conversations with Hayleigh and john from TSS) this was increased to 24mb.

Modem arrived a few weeks ago and i set it up for him. He also got some text message about the connection and a number to ring an engineer on. So since then the connection has been only at 8. He rang the engineer who said, it was connecting at 8 and that's what he had on his sheet. 
    The sale staff he dealt with seem to be ignoring any calls or emails. And the support staff he spoke with just said his a/c was down at 8mb.

Now i know from reading other posts that it can take up to 10days for it to change over, as an engineer has to go out and do work at the exchange etc etc... What i want to know, who in eircom can tell me what the status is of his 24mb connection... is it on your system that he was sold a 24mb package and will be upgraded soon or is it down as just 8... ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

decob wrote: »
    Father recently moved back to eircom for his broadband, at first was being offered an 8mb package, but after some to-ing and fro-ing over email (which i have to hand - conversations with Hayleigh and john from TSS) this was increased to 24mb.Modem arrived a few weeks ago and i set it up for him. He also got some text message about the connection and a number to ring an engineer on. So since then the connection has been only at 8. He rang the engineer who said, it was connecting at 8 and that's what he had on his sheet. The sale staff he dealt with seem to be ignoring any calls or emails. And the support staff he spoke with just said his a/c was down at 8mb.Now i know from reading other posts that it can take up to 10days for it to change over, as an engineer has to go out and do work at the exchange etc etc... What i want to know, who in eircom can tell me what the status is of his 24mb connection... is it on your system that he was sold a 24mb package and will be upgraded soon or is it down as just 8... ?
    Hi decob,

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

i've sent you two pm's... any updates?

decob wrote: »
    i've sent you two pm's... any updates?
    Hi decob,

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

The same happened to me mate.

Was told I would get 8mb for the same price I was currently paying!

Told them go with that. A week went by and all I was getting with 3mb.

Rang technical support and they said I was only on a 3mb package and that's all I'm entitled to.

A month has gone by and complaints gone in. 0 feedback and still 3mb

A joke of a company

@Glenviewjf - yeah slowly getting pissed off with the length of time it takes to get any sort of response or action.
     I wouldn't mind i've an email trail to their sales staff..
    At this stage i'm prepared to take it up with comreg and/or the national consumer agency and parents being mis-sold a product. 

• Advertisement

well there we have it...

My order to try boost the line has failed I'm afraid. 
    The technical team of technicians have advised that the line is not capable of a higher speed unfortunately.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused and sorry I can't help you any further. 

So word of warning for anyone where a sale staff member tells you, you can get 24mb... of to the NCA i go...

Hi,

If you wish to take this further you can log a formal complaint in relation to this agent, I will forward the details through PM's. I'm afraid I have done everything I can from my side here.

Thanks

Tracey

No i appreciate the work you have done tracey -  the issue is with the sales staff mis-selling a product. My father ultimately move to eircom as he was under the impression he would be getting up to 24mb.. With regards a formal complaint through eircom... what is that going to achieve... seriously? de nada.. i'm taking it elsewhere

Advertisement