Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish retailers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

If the people that are worried about not competition are really that worried about it why not open your own shop and run it at a loss then.

Also its funny to see the same people agreeing with one another when something like this comes up. Prime example being foggy_lad, maybe him eireannBEAR could go into business together

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

lala88 wrote: »
    If the people that are worried about not competition are really that worried about it why not open your own shop and run it at a loss then.

Also its funny to see the same people agreeing with one another when something like this comes up. Prime example being foggy_lad, maybe him eireannBEAR could go into business together

oh smart comment. :rolleyes:

people in kildare had to travel to newbridge for their shopping before we got these supermarkets the locals couldnt afford to shop in the town.

i think its funny that posters have contempt for the general public,i think maybe you are too young to remember ireland before the boom,its sad really.

oh smart comment. :rolleyes:

people in kildare had to travel to newbridge for their shopping before we got these supermarkets the locals couldnt afford to shop in the town.

i think its funny that posters have contempt for the general public,i think maybe you are too young to remember ireland before the boom,its sad really.

They couldnt afford to shop in the town? Are you actually for real? By the time they had paid for travel they would have spent more anyway, something you've been told a number of times but have ignored, i wonder why they is?

As has been said before its tight money garbing people that are the real greedy people and are putting small businees out of business all so you can save small amounts of money

They couldnt afford to shop in the town? Are you actually for real? By the time they had paid for travel they would have spent more anyway, something you've been told a number of times but have ignored, i wonder why they is?

As has been said before its tight money garbing people that are the real greedy people and are putting small businees out of business all so you can save small amounts of money

you dont have a clue what you are talking about,a weeks shopping would have been 40% more expensive in kildare than newbridge,most people had no money in the early 90s. most of us lived on streaky rashers and mash for dinner. :rolleyes:

i find your posts offensive and i do not wish to talk to you any further.

you have seem to have forgotten what country you come from.

you dont have a clue what you are talking about,a weeks shopping would have been 40% more expensive in kildare than newbridge,most people had no money in the early 90s. most of us lived on streaky rashers and mash for dinner. :rolleyes:

i find your posts offensive and i do not wish to talk to you any further.

you have seem to have forgotten what country you come from.

I think you'll find its you that havent a clue what your talking about. Thats been shown a number of times now and you've ignored everyone of them.

So they had no money to buy shopping in there own town yet they had to travel to another town?

You dont want to talk anymore? Bit like the way your not replying to the people who have proved you wrong?

Also surprise surprise your fanboy is the only one liking your comments

• Advertisement

I think you'll find its you that havent a clue what your talking about. Thats been shown a number of times now and you've ignored everyone of them.

So they had no money to buy shopping in there own town yet they had to travel to another town?

You dont want to talk anymore? Bit like the way your not replying to the people who have proved you wrong?

a bus ticket was 80p and you save 40 pound. these posters are talking about bits and bobs in 2013 if you tried to do shopping for a family in a local shop in the 90s you would of needed a very good income.

your posts are incredibly foolish and misguided you suggest these people were putting local business in danger when it was a choice of shopping in kildare or going to newbridge,so one would have enough money left to buy school books.

you are extremely ignorant to the realities of ireland pre-boom.

also if it wasnt for the arrival of tesco and the like,we probably still would be eating rashers and mash for dinner. :D

the arrival of these brands heralded the years of consumer power!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭SteM

Why are some irish retailers still refusing to offer value,back in the day they were all at it,Today i went to a closing down sale to find that the stock was only marked 20% off,even when they are going out of business they would rather throw the products out than offer value.

Do you really think the stuff would be thrown out when the sale is over? Do you think that real business is like an episode of The Apprentice where they just sell stock off at a loss just to get rid of it by the end of the day?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Also its funny to see the same people agreeing with one another when something like this comes up.

Your posts on these matters are typically entirely pro-business/anti-consumer, there's hundreds of examples in your post history where you jump straight to blaming the customer - often without even taking the time to read a thread - you're certainly no bastion of impartiality in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@lala88 Please refrain from attacking other posters.

@All posters I will leave this thread open only as long as there is constructive debate. Right now it feels like a National School playground. I will close this thread very quickly if you continue to aggravate and nitpick at each other.

dudara

SteM wrote: »
    Do you really think the stuff would be thrown out when the sale is over? Do you think that real business is like an episode of The Apprentice where they just sell stock off at a loss just to get rid of it by the end of the day?

Not all the time but in some cases yes,i have witnessed it,and when i worked in retail security i often helped with throwing away stock,its a disgraceful waste you would imaging the food would be giving to charities.

• Advertisement

Your posts on these matters are typically entirely pro-business/anti-consumer, there's hundreds of examples in your post history where you jump straight to blaming the customer - often without even taking the time to read a thread - you're certainly no bastion of impartiality in any case.

anti consumer? if you were to look at most of the ''consumer issues'' or ''rip off'' threads you'll find more often then not it is the consumer that is in the wrong but people like you will defend them all the time.

foggy_lad is a prime example of this, everything is the businesses fault and iv seen plenty of examples of him telling others to lie to put the business in the wrong. In every thread is always blames the business but you seem to have no problem with that.

eireannBEAR have been shown to be wrong a number of times yet you still have no problem with him ignoring that. You also have no problem with him making claims with nothing to back them up, apart from comments like ''sure everyone whos they do it'' or ''i see it all the time'' if it was the other way around you would demand the person to have proof. This is another example of boards being bias, if its something that the mods agree with the anti band can say what they like but if someone disagrees there told they have to have proof etc.

As for being pro business, you a lot of others seem to forget that there are business there not in the business to bend over backwards and give out things for free and if they dont there bashed on here because they dont get there way. This thread of just one example of the anti business band who seem to thing every business is out to get them, there classic quote ''there only out to make money'' what else are they out to do? make a loss so people like you and foggy_lad will get what they want for less?

Even look at the OP on this thread, complain about a business thats closing down not selling there stuff for less. As much as mods will deny it but boards.ie as a whole are highly anti business (apart from ones that have something to do with boards, ie adverts.ie)

anti consumer? if you were to look at most of the ''consumer issues'' or ''rip off'' threads you'll find more often then not it is the consumer that is in the wrong but people like you will defend them all the time.

foggy_lad is a prime example of this, everything is the businesses fault and iv seen plenty of examples of him telling others to lie to put the business in the wrong. In every thread is always blames the business but you seem to have no problem with that.

eireannBEAR have been shown to be wrong a number of times yet you still have no problem with him ignoring that. You also have no problem with him making claims with nothing to back them up, apart from comments like ''sure everyone whos they do it'' or ''i see it all the time'' if it was the other way around you would demand the person to have proof. This is another example of boards being bias, if its something that the mods agree with the anti band can say what they like but if someone disagrees there told they have to have proof etc.

As for being pro business, you a lot of others seem to forget that there are business there not in the business to bend over backwards and give out things for free and if they dont there bashed on here because they dont get there way. This thread of just one example of the anti business band who seem to thing every business is out to get them, there classic quote ''there only out to make money'' what else are they out to do? make a loss so people like you and foggy_lad will get what they want for less?

Every look at the OP on this thread, complain about a business thats closing down not selling there stuff for less. As much as mods will deny it but boards.ie as a whole are highly anti business (apart from ones that have something to do with boards, ie adverts.ie)

So now your attacking the whole boards.ie site,im not being smart but your posts seem to be aimed at causing trouble can you tone it down or please not post on my thread.

So now your attacking the whole boards.ie site,im not being smart but your posts seem to be aimed at causing trouble can you tone it down or please not post on my thread.

did you not say you were not replying anymore?

Coming from the person whos attacking all small businesses and saying there ripping people off?

Also your thread? Do you own it? Do you own the internet?

did you not say you were not replying anymore?

Coming from the person whos attacking all small businesses and saying there ripping people off?

Also your thread? Do you own it? Do you own the internet?

i asked you nicely the mod already warned you,you could end up with a ban. now thats my final post on the matter.

i will only be posting on subject after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

i asked you nicely the mod already warned you,you could end up with a ban. now thats my final post on the matter.

I believe the mods prefer to be the only people who moderate threads, and I don't see that word beside your name :rolleyes:

athtrasna wrote: »
    I believe the mods prefer to be the only people who moderate threads, and I don't see that word beside your name :rolleyes:

i didnt mod this thread at all but after the mods warning of closing it,i think its fair to point these issues out dont you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

i didnt mod this thread at all but after the mods warning of closing it,i think its fair to point these issues out dont you?

Nope I leave it to them..that's their job. I use the report post button where necessary. Next step the ignore button.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Nope I leave it to them..that's their job. I use the report post button where necessary. Next step the ignore button.

i find it strange that you called my post out instead of the aggressive one attacking the whole boards site and their mods. :confused:

Like iv said you've been proved to be wrong and just ignore anyone who says anything you dont like so your hardly posting on the subject now are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Jesus where's the cheapest place to buy a handbag, I assume I'll need one posting in here again.

Capitalism is a wonderful thing, if you don't like it shop somewhere else. If you're without you own transport, Tesco deliver.

Expecting a local shop to compete with Lild and Aldi is simply naive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lala88 infracted for continuing to attack a poster

Other posters may consider themselves lucky that they aren't receiving infractions.

Thread closed as quite frankly it's a shambles.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement