Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long till i hear anything about my phone repair?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

I left my Samsung galaxy s3 into an emobile store this day last week. it had seriously overheated the night before while charging, when I awoke the phone was very hot so I plugged it out. the next morning I looked at my phone and charger and found that the plastic around the charging potd had turned black and the end of the charging cable was charred also. if left unattended or I didn't wake i'd hate to consider what would have happened.

the guy in-store said that it "would probably have to be sent back to Samsung" I have heard nothing since. this was a dangerous incident in my opinion but there doesn't seem to be any urgency from emobile, I literally have heard nothing???

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

I left my Samsung galaxy s3 into an emobile store this day last week. it had seriously overheated the night before while charging, when I awoke the phone was very hot so I plugged it out. the next morning I looked at my phone and charger and found that the plastic around the charging potd had turned black and the end of the charging cable was charred also. if left unattended or I didn't wake i'd hate to consider what would have happened.

the guy in-store said that it "would probably have to be sent back to Samsung" I have heard nothing since. this was a dangerous incident in my opinion but there doesn't seem to be any urgency from emobile, I literally have heard nothing???
    Hi daingeanrob,

Usually when a phone is sent away for repair it can take upto 10 working days for the phone to be sent back to the store. Did you receive a repair docket from the store? If so could you PM me the IMEI of the phone and I will be able check for the status of the repair.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

I didn't receive a docket or receipt of any kind, should I have?

I went and found the original box for my phone and now have the imei, will pm it to you now..

any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

any update on this?

I would be looking for a replacement phone at the least if I were you man, you or your family could have been seriously injured...

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-swiss-womans-samsung-galaxy-s3-catches-on-fire-burns-her-leg-2013-7

• Advertisement

wow, scary isn't it, I have my two year old daughter in a cot next room over. I would expect the phone was beyond economic repair but am frustrated that i'm hearing nothing especially on a dangerous failure.

I didn't receive a docket or receipt of any kind, should I have?
    Hi daingeanrob,

I have received your PM and I am getting this investigated at the moment for you.

Grainne

cheers thats great

cheers thats great
    No problem daingeanrob,

I have got back to your PM.

Grainne

Phone number and pin sent via pm

• Advertisement

Phone number and pin sent via pm
    Hi daingeanrob,

I have just updated you in PM's.

Grainne

just an update on this for completeness, after my initial problem, after contacting customer care and being told to bring my phone to an emobile shop where it was gone for more than a week without hearing anything about it i was contacted by the repair people and told that my warranty was void due to "moisture damage" but my phone could be fixed for €120.

Firstly, as an engineer myself, my phone in my opinion could not be repaired to function safely after the cathostrophic failure that occoured and secondly and this is the worst bit, the phone was never subjected to anything other than normal wear and tear and failed, this should supercede any additional warranty that emobile provide.

i gave emobile the opportunity to fix my issue and did't go in banging the counter to get my "rights", i've dealt with every person amicably but got no-where. i complained via your customer complaints part of your website over a week ago and didn't even get a response. this morning i have lodged a small claims court application over the issue mentioning the sale of goods and supply of services act that is relevant in this case, in all my dealings with emobile you guys keep going back to "warranty" and won't listen to anything else.

i am a bill pay customer and am very agrieved at having to go this far, however i am 100% certain that my case will win out. i have evidence of alot of similar faults (charging port overheating) happening through research on the internet (leading me to believe the fault was inherent) and the moisture indicators could've changed colour when the vapour from when the plastic was melting. there is also, and for anyone who wants to google this, 100's of cases with this particular phone, where the moisture indicators indicate moisture damage in normal operating conditions and people with faults in there handsets been told that the warranty is void over this.

i will post pic's later on, of my phone and charger however i don't believe this forum is the place for that, this post was just in case anyone had been following the thread, i will start a thread on consumer issues as emobile can do no more for me.

just an update on this for completeness, after my initial problem, after contacting customer care and being told to bring my phone to an emobile shop where it was gone for more than a week without hearing anything about it i was contacted by the repair people and told that my warranty was void due to "moisture damage" but my phone could be fixed for €120.

Firstly, as an engineer myself, my phone in my opinion could not be repaired to function safely after the cathostrophic failure that occoured and secondly and this is the worst bit, the phone was never subjected to anything other than normal wear and tear and failed, this should supercede any additional warranty that emobile provide.

i gave emobile the opportunity to fix my issue and did't go in banging the counter to get my "rights", i've dealt with every person amicably but got no-where. i complained via your customer complaints part of your website over a week ago and didn't even get a response. this morning i have lodged a small claims court application over the issue mentioning the sale of goods and supply of services act that is relevant in this case, in all my dealings with emobile you guys keep going back to "warranty" and won't listen to anything else.

i am a bill pay customer and am very agrieved at having to go this far, however i am 100% certain that my case will win out. i have evidence of alot of similar faults (charging port overheating) happening through research on the internet (leading me to believe the fault was inherent) and the moisture indicators could've changed colour when the vapour from when the plastic was melting. there is also, and for anyone who wants to google this, 100's of cases with this particular phone, where the moisture indicators indicate moisture damage in normal operating conditions and people with faults in there handsets been told that the warranty is void over this.

i will post pic's later on, of my phone and charger however i don't believe this forum is the place for that, this post was just in case anyone had been following the thread, i will start a thread on consumer issues as emobile can do no more for me.
    Hi daingeanrob,

I sincerely apologise that our repair company advised that there is moisture damage to your phone. I can assure you the agents in our repair company are all registered with the manufacturer of your phone and always investigate issues with handsets thoroughly.

You are free to send your phone to an independent repair company to assess the issue with your phone further.

The warranty of the handset is set by the manufacturer of the phone. eMobile would be unable to alter this.

Grainne

we are missing the point again, i'm no longer on about warranty, the phone was only subjected to normal weear and tear and failed. this comes under the sale of goods and supply of services act and this contract is with the seller of the phone not the manufacturer. this is what my small claim is about.

Advertisement