Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good 2013 summer anime? or your number one fav manga?^^

Options
  • 30-07-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Iv seen the chart for it and nothing this year seems a bit crap except il be starting the attack of titan ;)

Iv been looking at all of em from last year or so but last years seemed way better such as mirai nikki and sword art online.

I read the manga Reborn and it was good but the anime is very bad XD

but can anyone recomend me some good manga/anime but not mainstreams ones such as bleach,naruto,one piece XD and not shoujo just the drawings are weird because the boys chin looks so pointy like a needle XD

thank you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lets Make Tea

Do you like slice of life?

Uchouten Kazoku has been pretty amazing so far. Four eps have aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

A new one out now is Sunday Without God, and the first episode was not at all what I was expecting, it was like nothing was actually explained. Intrigued I continued on with the second and third episodes and have to admit the three combined are just a fantastic arc. I'm half tempted to just stop now - similar to Sword Art Online in what felt like the completeness of the arc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

There's loads of good stuff on this season, but I guess it all depends on what you're into.

Have you watched any of the Monogatari series (Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari/Nekomonogatari)? They're quite renowned and are extremely popular. There's a new instalment in the series currently airing but if you haven't watched any before, you should do that first!

As Art_Wolf mentioned, Kamisama no Inai Nichijoubi (Sunday without God) had an excellent first 3 episodes. Really wasn't what I was expecting either but it was fantastic! Definitely worth checking out.

Do you like comedies/slice of life? There's 2 decent ones this season - Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) and Servant x Service. Both are pretty good for a few laughs so far.

Into murder mysteries? Danganronpa was a popular game and is getting a fair bit of attention for its anime adaption. I knew nothing about the game before starting but the anime is decent. Strange characters but the plot is intriguing.

Watamote is also extremely popular at the moment. It'd be a comedy too but darker than the ones listed above.

Finally, my 2 personal favourites this season are probably not your thing but I'll mention them anyway :D First off, Prism Ilya. I'm a massive Type Moon fan so I LOVE this series. It's funny and cute but does have an actual story. However, unless you're a Fate fan most of the amusement will probably by lost on you.

My other fav is Free! It's KyoAni (best studio), it's hilarious and it's actually got more going for it than just half naked guys swimming. Seriously, my boyfriend loves it too, it's amazing and the quality is top-notch.

Attack on Titan is good too of course but the pacing will probably frustrate the hell out of you. It does for me anyway. However, watching it in a batch like you will be now to catch up will be a much more enjoyable experience than watching it weekly I'd imagine.

Of course, there's more than just that airing but that's what I'm watching at the moment. It's almost impossible to tell what an anime will be like from a chart alone so I really advise just giving a few of them a go and seeing if you like them or not. Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Main series Im watching this season are AoT, Silver Spoon (anyone with some farming background should watch, it hilarious), Servant x Service, Sunday Without God (good plot, AMAZING visuals), Watamote (great if you like cringe humour) and The Eccentric Family (Im a big PA Works fan, some good characters and a great internal mythology to the series).

If you want your fill of "School cub of girls that do nothing after school" for the season, Chronicles of the Going Home Club has a few funny scenes in it, VERY random though.

Really should watch Prism Illya, liked the previous two Fate series (even though Stay Night clung too much to the base harem game) but I think Madoka has warped my perspective on magical girl series forever now.....

Oh and sure Konata, your watching Free! for the plot ;)

Advertisement