Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Courses in Sligo?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any Evening courses in Sligo for anyone? I would like to do something in the evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Eamonn O'Dowdican is starting evening art classes in september on thursday from 5-7pm.

Check out sligooilpainting.com, think that's the website or just google his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cloonton

Bump!
    I'm on the look out for something too. Anyone know of anything? I'd love to do something on history or maybe English literature, but failing that I'd settle for the EDCL ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'd love to learn German or Italian but not in the Mercy as I'm not keen on the instructor for personal reasons. Don't think there's anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

I'd love to learn German or Italian but not in the Mercy as I'm not keen on the instructor for personal reasons. Don't think there's anywhere else?

I know that there was some german and Italian classes in Ballionode college but thats why I started the thread to get more info for everyone not just me.

cloonton wrote: »
    Bump!
    I'm on the look out for something too. Anyone know of anything? I'd love to do something on history or maybe English literature, but failing that I'd settle for the EDCL ;)

I know FAS does the ECDL but not too sure about that and yeah it would be good if someone taught us history as a less stress hobby in Sligo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cloonton

Vlove wrote: »
    I know FAS does the ECDL but not too sure about that and yeah it would be good if someone taught us history as a less stress hobby in Sligo!

Yeah, some little short course to keep the brain ticking over would be nice. Pity there doesn't seem to be much advertised at the mo. Had a look at the IT website a couple of weeks ago in the hopes that there might be some list of short courses but couldn't see anything. I must see what FAS have to offer, although, to be honest it's a course in the history of Sligo that I'd really like to do. Maybe I should just sit down a read a book instead :o

Yeah, some little short course to keep the brain ticking over would be nice. Pity there doesn't seem to be much advertised at the mo. Had a look at the IT website a couple of weeks ago in the hopes that there might be some list of short courses but couldn't see anything. I must see what FAS have to offer, although, to be honest it's a course in the history of Sligo that I'd really like to do. Maybe I should just sit down a read a book instead :o

Sure Sligo has bad advertisement of these type of things. These organisations here should get on their bikes and encourage us people to get out there young to old. Thats why we have to ask for these things like thats why I'm starting this thread for us all to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It would be great if the guy that does the Sligo Walking tours would teach History. He has such a good way about him.

magnumlady wrote: »
    It would be great if the guy that does the Sligo Walking tours would teach History. He has such a good way about him.

That would be a good idea, he'll get lots of money in his pocket, haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Vlove wrote: »
    Sure Sligo has bad advertisement of these type of things. These organisations here should get on their bikes and encourage us people to get out there young to old. Thats why we have to ask for these things like thats why I'm starting this thread for us all to know about.

Sligo Spanish Society begin Spanish courses on Monday, October 14th, with a registration night next Monday, October 7th, from 7.30 to 9pm, in Sligo City Hotel. The only way to insure a place on our courses - which are generally very popular - is to register next Monday and pay the course fee. All welcome, young and old.

Full details on our website...
    http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2013/09/autumn-spanish-classes-2013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Not a course as such but the Sligo Field Club are good for local history and get outside speakers to give a presentation/lecture each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Any Portuguese classes in town?

Kettleson wrote: »
    Any Portuguese classes in town?

Closest we can offer is Spanish courses. The last few places on Sligo Spanish Society courses are available by emailing sligospanishsociety@gmail.com

Courses begin Monday and Tuesday. Full details here...

http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2013/10/autumn-spanish-classes-last-few-places.html

Sligo Spanish Society Spanish courses begin on January 20th, with an information and registration night on Tuesday January 14th. Courses for all levels, including a leaving cert oral prep course. Full details on the website...

http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2013/12/new-year-new-courses.html

Spring Spanish courses begin this week, run by Sligo Spanish society. Courses for all levels, including Leaving Cert. Registration Monday the 13th of April, in the Yeats Building. Full details on the website...
    http://sligospanishsociety.blogspot.ie/2015/03/spring-spanish-courses-2015.html

Advertisement