Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Denim Girls A/W 2013

Options
  • 30-07-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey

Just a question to anyone who has bought denims in Next in last few weeks for girls my 3 and half year old all last winter and spring wore 3 to 4 years denims from next.

So went into Next yesterday picked up size 6 thinking she would grow into them and low and behold they wouldn't fit. She is not carrying any extra weight just a slight bit of puppy fat. Today she has 3/4 trousers size 3 to 4 from pennys.

Was just wondering had anyone else experienced this or is it just me.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a tall skinny(not overly) 4 year old and she wears age 6 and they are fine on her.
    We buy jeans there because there are buttons on the waist that allow you to take in the waist easily.
    Are they too short or small on the waist?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Hi Moonbeam,

Have you bought jeans in the new season stuff as the wrist on the size 6 I got in shop was narrower then the 3 to 4 ones I had at home.

I love next just back from the store now and she took a size 8 the length is not even extra long on her only needs one fold up size 7 would close on her but 8 gives her more room

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Interesting,I must go investigate as we have issues with jeans to fit the girls.
    Though that sounds crazy buying age 8 nor a normal size 3 year old,what size is she from other shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

could it be as children around 4 or 5 start shedding a lot of the round baby tummy that the waists are bigger on the smaller sizes?

i've noticed some of the 3/4 penny's leggings are getting baggy around her waist, where a NEXT skirt she got age 5/6 which was too tight is fitting nicely now?

Hey Guys I got a pair of jasper conron chinos today in post and they a size 7 and on the big size that a size would fit but I can adjust waist strips so they be fine.

I am just thinks it mad that a size 8 denim skirt or jeans is not miles too long for my 3 year old now she is tall but not overly and I got next leggings set in size 5 to 6 and they are big on her.

In pennys she is 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 dunnes she is the same and Debenhams bluezoo she is 6 the designers I go for a 7. But saying that I got hoodless from Debenhams and they are 5 to 6 and they grand on her

I just be interested to see how other people find it but last night I dug out the jeans she wore up to a month ago from next and they are made in sri lanka and the ones I got yesterday are made in Bangladesh I say this could be the why the sizes are different. Please let me know if you experience the same.

• Advertisement

Ladies I just measured last years jeans against the size 8 I bought there is only about 1.5cm in different of the waist but 20 cm in different length wise this cant be right can it that between a size 3 to 4 to a size 8 the waist only increases by 1.5cm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

i have a nine year old wearing age 13 next jeans, perfect fit in legs and waist. (shes a lanky lady!)
    none of the tops will fit her across the chest properly :( unless theyre t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Have you compared the pair you bought to other pairs in the shop? maybe that pair is faulty. If you still have the receipt you could just take them back and get her jeans somewhere else? I find Gap and H&M great for jeans for skinny kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

There is a sizing chart on their website
    http://help.next.co.uk/Section.aspx?ItemId=17869

Advertisement