Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Premier League any other business thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Everton down to 10 and 1-0 down.

Can't wait to hear Roberto Martinez whinging about it later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Aston Villa 0-1 Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Paully D just wet himself with excitement

Brilliant result mate, but wear are still going down. We won, but so did ever other count down there. Zero chance we get out of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Paully D wrote: »
    Brilliant result mate, but wear are still going down. We won, but so did ever other count down there. Zero chance we get out of this.

I can easily see West Ham being dragged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watching MOTD jesus the officials in the Newcastle vs Stoke were absolutely awful.
    Mark Hughes getting sent off was kinda funny as he threw his jacket into the air & they never showed it landing such was his anger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

West Ham v West Brom,

1-1 Cole and Anelka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't mind west ham but I'd live to see Big Sam get relegated. It might shut him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lukaku looks knackered and is not in scoring form, Barry out, Howard out. Southampton are the bet for me today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

kryogen wrote: »
    Lukaku looks knackered and is not in scoring form, Barry out, Howard out. Southampton are the bet for me today

Or tomorrow perhaps?

West Ham 3-3 West Brom, its all gone a bit mad!

• Advertisement

Perfect result for those teams down at the bottom. Now for Manchester City and Manchester United wins with a draws between Hull and Fulham and Villa and Swansea. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Perfect result for those teams down at the bottom. Now for Manchester City and Manchester United wins with a draws between Hull and Fulham and Villa and Swansea. Please.

Christmas is over Paully :)

Hull 4 - 0 Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

mike65 wrote: »
    Hull 4 - 0 Fulham

5 now and a haircut for a certain midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

6 second half goals, is that a record?

Spurs scored 8 against Wigan a few seasons back in second 45.

Sunderland can move out of the relegation zone with a win this evening. Cue comfortable Cardiff win as the players ''do it for Malkay''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sunderland can move out of the relegation zone with a win this evening. Cue comfortable Cardiff win as the players ''do it for Malkay''.

Yeah its looking that way so far, ball has barely been in the other half yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nice goal for Mutch. Good strike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Does anybody else find it ridiculous that Pochettino still won't give an interview in English? He has been there for about a year now.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nice goal for Mutch. Good strike.

It took a huge deflection.
    klose wrote: »
    Yeah its looking that way so far, ball has barely been in the other half yet.

Yeah, that's exactly why Sunderland are going down to be honest. Complete inability to put two league results together back-to-back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Does anybody else find it ridiculous that Pochettino still won't give an interview in English? He has been there for about a year now.

Nope, more power to him really stops the likes of Shreeves twisting his words and using it against him.

Borini gone off at half time. Injured? He was probably Sunderland's best player in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:D

Celebrate you feckin' eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was a lovely goal. Cardiff have been excellent so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis: "We are really disappointed to have not got anything from the game. The difference between the teams is spending about £350m. The weekly wages of one of their players would probably cover half my team and if I was their manager, I would be sat on the sidelines with a cigar in my mouth."

Why have a go like that. Palace played well. The league was better place without listening to his **** talk.

Borini gone off at half time. Injured? He was probably Sunderland's best player in the first half.

Think they said he was ill.

Johner wrote: »
    Think they said he was ill.

Collapsed and taken to a local hospital according to a commentator on my stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

News breaking that he has collapsed, hope he is ok.

News breaking that he has collapsed, hope he is ok.

Great, we throw away a brilliant opportunity and have now killed Borini. :(

Collapsed and taken to a local hospital according to a commentator on my stream.

Thats awful, hope he's okay!

What a finish to that game!

Cardiff. Punished themselves for dropping off far too much. Dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glad to see Fletcher score

Glad to see Fletcher score

It's about time in fairness. He's done nothing for around 11 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Fulham Football Club ‏@FulhamFC 7m
    Fulham Football Club has confirmed it has appointed Alan Curbishley as First Team Technical Director.

:D Look out Rene Meulensteen

indeed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

What do you guys make of Anelka's gesture during the game against West Ham ?

http://news.sky.com/story/1188259/anelkas-quenelle-gesture-praised-by-comic

If Anelka did it in support of his friend (who is pals with the former leader of Front National, France's version of the BNP), then he's a moron.

Cardiff beaten 2-0 Big Sam is safe.

8 points cover 11-20th places.

• Advertisement

Hell of a result for Sunderland today. When Fulham got it back to 1-2 I thought to myself ''here we go again.'' Johnson was superb.

3 points between 20th and 15th now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hell of a result for Sunderland today. When Fulham got it back to 1-2 I thought to myself ''here we go again.'' Johnson was superb.

3 points between 20th and 15th now.

Were Sunderland much improved or were Fulham simply the worst team ye have played this season?

JPA wrote: »
    Were Sunderland much improved or were Fulham simply the worst team ye have played this season?

Bit of both I think. Fulham were very poor, but we have been getting consistently better under Poyet, with the odd exception such as against Villa, but that's always going to happen with a poor side.

We're unbeaten in 5 away games now which we haven't been since 1989, so progress is being made on that front.

Sort out the home form against teams we should really be beating and we may have a chance. Southampton, Stoke, Newcastle and Hull coming up with all but Newcastle at home. That will tell us a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The contract was ending at the end of the season anyway. It seems like some free publicity for Zoopla, especially when WBA are on the TV tonight, if they really cared they would cancel the deal straight away.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/21/swansea-police-row-monk-flores
    Swansea have admitted that police were called to their training ground on Friday following a row between their defenders Garry Monk and Chico Flores.

Reports have claimed Flores was seen brandishing a brick during the incident, but this was denied by the club.

"The club can categorically state that nobody was threatened with a brick," it said.

A statement from South Wales police said: "Police were called to the training ground at around 1.30pm on Friday. "Club officials were spoken to and no police action was required."

The pair clashed as the Swans prepared for Sunday's 3-1 home defeat against Tottenham, which extended their winless run to eight games and left them three points above the relegation zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Very precise no one was threatened with a brick maybe it was a breeze block or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Does anyone else think its odd that Ole Gunner is only buying Norwegian players?

Amiright in hearing that its players conveniently represented by Solskjaer's own agent?

I wonder do Cardiff fans think this us the best way to keep them in the PL?

No other team near relegation is strengthening by recruiting only league 1 level players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Does anyone else think its odd that Ole Gunner is only buying Norwegian players?

Amiright in hearing that its players conveniently represented by Solskjaer's own agent?

I wonder do Cardiff fans think this us the best way to keep them in the PL?

No other team near relegation is strengthening by recruiting only league 1 level players.

Zaha?

Swansea owner Huw Jenkins denies preparing to swing axe, while Meulensteen says he has not invoked the wrath of Khan and is safe.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/03/swansea-city-michael-laudrup-sacking-denial

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/03/fulham-rene-meulensteen-support-owner

• Advertisement
Advertisement