Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Premier League any other business thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fulham sack Curbishley and Wilkins according to the Sky Sports football app.

EDIT: Now saying they've left on their website. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9171370/alan-curbishley-and-ray-wilkins-leave-their-roles-at-fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

mike65 wrote: »
    Swansea owner Huw Jenkins denies preparing to swing axe, while Meulensteen says he has not invoked the wrath of Khan and is safe.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/03/swansea-city-michael-laudrup-sacking-denial

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/03/fulham-rene-meulensteen-support-owner

2 weeks later........ :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dear God, what a lousy fixture list for today

Everton 15 : 00 West Ham United (goals from where?)
    Fulham 15 : 00 Chelsea (goals from where?)
    Hull City 15 : 00 Newcastle United (goals from where?)
    Stoke City 15 : 00 Arsenal (could be very tight)

If we see more than 4/5 goals I'll be surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dear God, what a lousy fixture list for today

Everton 15 : 00 West Ham United (goals from where?)
    Fulham 15 : 00 Chelsea (goals from where?)
    Hull City 15 : 00 Newcastle United (goals from where?)
    Stoke City 15 : 00 Arsenal (could be very tight)

If we see more than 4/5 goals I'll be surprised

Manchester United vs Manchester City was supposed to be the early kick off but was postponed because of the Capital One Cup final. Tomorrows games are not much better. A pretty poor week of Premier League action (on paper) overall. No doubt one or two games will be good though.

Alan Pardew has reportedly headbutted David Meyler. I'm not watching the game so I'm only going by what those at the game are tweeting. If true, he's in big big trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Surely this has to be the end of Pardew. There's only so many times he can claim that it's 'out of character' and that 'i apologised straight away'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Paully D wrote: »
    Alan Pardew has reportedly headbutted David Meyler. I'm not watching the game so I'm only going by what those at the game are tweeting. If true, he's in big big trouble.

They reported on an altercation just before that one on Soccer Saturday about Pardew saying something to Meyler which infuriated him,

Then returned to it minutes later with Jeff Stelling shouting about the book about to be thrown at Pardew,

Obviously some hatred there, he is going to be in big trouble no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Pardew was interviewed on Sky just now, he apologised but he was speaking like it was a minor incident.

He must be in serious trouble now, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Skid X wrote: »
    Pardew was interviewed on Sky just now, he apologised but he was speaking like it was a minor incident.

He must be in serious trouble now, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked.

No, he is just going to sit down from now on.

• Advertisement

No, he is just going to sit down from now on.

Leaving the touchline duties to John Carver now he says. Carver is just as bad! The two of them seem to instigate more trouble on the touchline than any other duo. Every few weeks there is some sort of incident and every time it's "heat of the moment" with an apology straight after it. About time he had the book thrown at him now to be honest.

1 more goal and a new record will be set in the Prem era. currently on 41 goals for the weekend.

edit I'm told 43 is the record.

42 goals so 4.2 goals per game average which is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thought Scholes analysis was excellent tonight, he just says what he thinks, even Neville was laughing a bit at how blunt he was.

Would love to see him do more games. Would be a whole lot better than Carragher and Redknapp's 'magic show' analysis tonight, thought that was hilarious.

What the hell is going on with Konstantinos Mitroglou? 12 million quid and he has played one league game plus one as a sub, not even in the squad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What the hell is going on with Konstantinos Mitroglou? 12 million quid and he has played one league game plus one as a sub, not even in the squad today.

This is what happens when you let managers whose position is in major question spend large sums of money. Manchester United, take note.

• Advertisement

He's injured.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/467440/TEAM-NEWS-Kostas-Mitroglou-out-for-Fulham-as-Phil-Jagielka-returns-for-Everton

Newcastle lead Cardiff, who as things stand are going down on goal difference

Cardiff are definitely going down with Sunderland leading at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

John Heitinga gave Felix Magath an absolute rollicking on the way down the tunnel at half time apparently. Fulham relegated as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Newcastle lead Cardiff, who as things stand are going down on goal difference

Cardiff are definitely going down with Sunderland leading at Utd.

fulham also down as it stands, and norwich needing to beat chelsea tomorrow

Advertisement