Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shop in Wine Boutique Ringsend

Options
  • 30-07-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Any one have any idea what's going on?
    Saw builders there fitting and so on last couple weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

That's closed down now. Was open for a couple of years, but closed soon after a new super off license opened across the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I think the op was wondering what is going in there now.

The Wine Boutique was a bit misguided considering the location and I can't imagine the bell on the door made anyone feel welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

They had a pretty loyal set of customers though - I'd agree the location wasn't the best for what they wanted but I spent a hell of a lot of cash in that place over the last few years before it closed down.

Marginally off topic, what's that new weird shop beside Tesco? only passed the door recently and it looked like a cross between a grocers, a restaurant and a bric-a-brac shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

It's a charity shop owned by the small church beside the Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gavsmith

Crash wrote: »
    They had a pretty loyal set of customers though - I'd agree the location wasn't the best for what they wanted but I spent a hell of a lot of cash in that place over the last few years before it closed down.

Marginally off topic, what's that new weird shop beside Tesco? only passed the door recently and it looked like a cross between a grocers, a restaurant and a bric-a-brac shop?

It's hilarious is what it is!
    I don't know how they're affording their rent.
    It's ran/owned by 'Abundance Grace' Church.

They're selling SFA, it's really a recruitment drive for the church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gavsmith

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    I think the op was wondering what is going in there now.

The Wine Boutique was a bit misguided considering the location and I can't imagine the bell on the door made anyone feel welcome.

My missus used to spend a pretty penny there but thought it was great, when she took notions of cooking fancy dinners for friends they always gave her great advice.

As much as I love Ringsend, I can see why they needed a bell on the door!

Hope it's something great that's moving in!

gavsmith wrote: »
    It's hilarious is what it is!
    I don't know how they're affording their rent.
    It's ran/owned by 'Abundance Grace' Church.

They're selling SFA, it's really a recruitment drive for the church.

Apparently the church building has been sold out form under them by NAMA and they are moving into the old cinema building on Cambridge Road (I think that's the name of the road, it's behind the Wine Shop to keep things marginally on topic).
    I'd be naturally suspicious of these kinds of churches, but I haven't seen anything from them yet that would make me dismiss them completely. My kids have been at their summer camps, which were free, and I de-briefed the completely afterwards, but they weren't brainwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 APSA

I see people going in and out of the old cinema all the time, does anyone know what's in there? I think its a photographer but not sure...

back to the OP, this is now opened again as some sort of physical therapy facility.

Advertisement