Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are the big queues for in Dicey's in the early evening?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭

Often on my way home from work I see enormous queues for Dicey's when I'm on the Luas. It's Tuesday at seven o'clock - what are these people queueing for?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Mickey Joe Harte plays there Tuesdays!

And €3 pints ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olddantucker

Heard bout cheap drink on Tuesdays.Are people dressed up or coming straight from work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

All sorts turn up on a Tuesday, fairly casual from what I remember. Oh and lots of foreign people.. it's an awesome blend of cultures and €3 pints..can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7 olddantucker

Crazy how it gets such a crowd on a Tuesday.Seems to be a pub that wants custom with drink deals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭blue note

Seriously? That's just because of a drinks promotion?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheap drink, and free food for groups afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Can I stress again..foreign women. Beautiful ones. With accents and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

unreal amounts of latino women and cheap drink, if you went 8.30 you wouldnt get a decent spot in the beer garden or inside...alot of spanish students

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

2.50 a drink actually. It's 3 on a Wednesday. Used to go a lot but as mentioned already its mainly gangs of foreigners, students etc and it gets overly packed at night. Good for a few early scoops for sure..then bale

• Registered Users Posts: 29,365 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

blue note wrote: »
    Often on my way home from work I see enormous queues for Dicey's when I'm on the Luas. It's Tuesday at seven o'clock - what are these people queueing for?!

Hah, I passed this earlier and had meant to come on and post exactly the same query!

I'd heard the theory of cheap pints, and said nah, couldn't be just cheap pints that would make people queue up down the street and mean that bouncers/crowd control are used. Could it? Seriously:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hah, I passed this earlier and had meant to come on and post exactly the same query!

I'd heard the theory of cheap pints, and said nah, couldn't be just cheap pints that would make people queue up down the street and mean that bouncers/crowd control are used. Could it? Seriously:confused:

There's a lot of areas that you can book in there for a work outing or friends bday or whatever so q's do be big sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

It's so cheap! A few of my Brazilian friends go every Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭donaghs

Was wondering that myself. Seeing that so many of the people look Spanish and Italian, I didn't think it could just be drinks a promotion making them queue for that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Cheap but the pints are ****e and the jager is downright poisonous. Completely wedged in there from 7ish onward and then clears out around 10ish. Strange vibe but I guess thats how they do it in I]Insert Exotic Foreign Country Here[/I.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

big brazilian posse there, been like that for last 2 years, used to be maybe 2% irish in there, getting a bit howiya now since the locals have gotten wind of the cheap booze and lovely talent, used to go weekly, buzz dying there a bit now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭blue note

Must have been some sore heads in work this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

blue note wrote: »

They have a BBQ there on Tuesday nights
    €2 for a burger, €2 for beers also
    They play Eurodance music and it's very popular with the non-Irish population
    A lot of English language students go there - maybe their classes start later on a Weds

My foreign friends go there it wouldn't be my scene music wise and it just get's too packed but €2 a pint is pretty sweet.

I assume more Irish people don't go as they'd be too tempted to go on the lash and miss work on the Weds.

Advertisement