Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool's greater wisdom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

This is not going to go well ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

RayCon wrote: »

Ha should I add a disclaimer that the media gurus at pretty much all clubs come out with serious goofs, and this is directed at their folly more than any club in particular, seriously though what an il advised campaign, like starting a diversity training course and teaching people about the the weird things other people do.

Offensive also to the staff members, surely context and judgement are required and no one word is powerful enough , queer for example is a reclaimed umbrella term referring to anyone who identifies as non hetero-normative.It is a positive term in the literal context.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was wondering when this thread would be started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

It shows you how poor the Ireland national team currently are that "Paddy" doesn't even make the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

League title
    Is another offensive phrase on Merseyside,causes all manner of upset and false hope to the less fortunate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

RayCon wrote: »

Man up, princess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I can think of one poster who will be kicking himself he missed this opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't see the word lady-boy without thinking of Alan Partridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ha should I add a disclaimer that the media gurus at pretty much all clubs come out with serious goofs, and this is directed at their folly more than any club in particular, .

it is in it's hole. Look at the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

It reads more like the wording of Suarez's new contract :pac:

• Advertisement

I can't see the word lady-boy without thinking of Alan Partridge.

Ahhhh ....lady-boys.

47674531659709598.jpg

LiamoSail wrote: »
    it is in it's hole. Look at the title

ha apologies I reported my own post asking for it to be changed.

trusting me winding people up because they like one club over another does not get my juices flowing.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can think of one poster who will be kicking himself he missed this opportunity.

Just the one? :eek: :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I was hoping this was a pun on Andre Wisdom

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Appropriate name OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing illustrates the decline of Irish football players quite like not being protected from staffs verbal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't see whats silly or wrong about educating players in what is unacceptable.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't see whats silly or wrong about educating players in what is unacceptable.

firstly its not the players, how much of this have you read?

I think this was covered in the Office where the David Brent character hosted a meeting on discrimination, and the conceit was that a manager should know better and of course it led on to encourage the exact behaviour it was discouraging.

Would you like to be verbally discriminated and a member of staff judging the incident based on a checklist of bold words?

I think George Carlin covers the topic of a distinct list of unusable words very well in this video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I know the whole pc thing is growing and growing but is 'Man Up' really offensive now?
    We'll all be old men and our grand kids will think we're awfully rude and old fashioned!

"That player is crap"

"You can't say that grandad!"

"Ah man up"

-Kids run away in disgust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Coon? I didnt think anyone usef that outside of the deep south in america or since the 60's

Man up should be encouraged however. All these bloody southern fairies and their acting like princesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

"Hello, would you get able to help me with my friend who is handicapped?"

"GET OUT!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I heard the Chelsea guidelines were the exact inverse of the Liverpool one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Is 'coloured' not allowed now either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pj! wrote: »

Depends on the colour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pj! wrote: »

I dont see darkey on the list, maybe thats the one they want you to use. Or maybe not .....

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I dont see darkey on the list, maybe thats the one they want you to use. Or maybe not .....

Or Nignog?

I was first introduced to that term at an Ireland v Nigeria soccer match in the old Lansdowne Road.

Everything was "stupid nignog", "useless nignog", "go back to your own country you nignog". Jaysus, Clinton Morrison took awful abuse.

Liverpool-FC-produce-a-do-001.jpg

Sticking with the Partridge theme, I can picture Rishi Jain and the rest of his team sitting round the a table trying to come up with a comprehensive list and being quite proud with their efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

And we laughed while discussing this in the Liverpool thread about this getting its own thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

No mention of negrito I see. I've never heard anyone being called a she-man before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    And we laughed while discussing this in the Liverpool thread about this getting its own thread.

Bonus points for knowing 'Paddy' would get a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool-FC-produce-a-do-001.jpg

The wise Maesters of Liverpool have helped to guide their staff and the world alike with a list of potentially discriminatory words.
    Full article here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/liverpool-unacceptable-words-discrimination

This has to be one of the oddest stories of the summer, what next will these wise men tell us?

You have to wonder if the person who came up with this had certain players in mind or if it was something overheard on the training ground.

Downy being the obvious as in Stuart Downy.
    Spaz could be about the aspas.
    Nog is easy enough who that's about.
    Midget could be in relation to spearing.
    Lady boy another easy one in relation to skertl.

Advertisement