Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I believe the Q bar

Options
  • 30-07-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Is about to open up again a certain Mr CC I believe is behind it. Anyone else hear about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is about to open up again a certain Mr CC I believe is behind it. Anyone else hear about it.

10cc?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I did not want name names hence the CC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Who is mr cc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I'll hazard a guess - Charlie Chawke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hootanany wrote: »
    I did not want name names hence the CC.
    sasta le wrote: »
    Who is mr cc?

In Dublin bar terms you might as well have posted the full name. He's possibly the most well known Vintner in the capital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

athtrasna wrote: »
    In Dublin bar terms you might as well have posted the full name. He's possibly the most well known Vintner in the capital!

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

never heard of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

never heard of him

eh The Goat? The Dropping Well? Searsons? The Lord Lucan? Friend of Bertie Ahern? Shot in the leg by an armed robber?

Where have you been hiding for the decade?

Why not just say it?

• Advertisement

eh The Goat? The Dropping Well? Searsons? The Lord Lucan? Friend of Bertie Ahern? Shot in the leg by an armed robber?

i should get excited so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Great news if true!

its a great location to be fair. And I think the place did need an overhaul.
    Good luck to all concerned with the new venture!

lets just hope the guys at Sin e manage to reopen that place. one of Dublin's best bars in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I remember Q being one of the first pubs/bars I went to as a teenager (over age of course:D).

Saw a few things I hadn't seen before downstairs. Interesting experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

We'll all be legless so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    We'll all be legless so.

Bit much, no? The man didn't ask to be shot in the knee at point blank range by an armed scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

"Chawke is Fianna Fail through and through and was a regular attendee at the party's tent at the Galway Races. His decision to name a racehorse after one of Ahern's controversial donors is seen by some as offering a two-finger salute to those appalled by political cronyism."

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/why-it-wasnt-all-black-and-white-for-colourful-charlie-26551671.html

**** him.

What will Charlie Chawke bring to it do you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    We'll all be legless so.

AH is that way >>>>>>>

October opening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

The mean fella, wears string for a belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Referring to him as Mr CC is basically the same as just typing his name to be fair.

I used to think Q Bar was properly ****e mind, was full of scumbags when it was the Harp years ago and remained full of scumbags as Q Bar.

I used to drink in the Harp in the 80's and the Vaults down the lane Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

is there a source for the October opening?

great news if true.

what kind of thing is planned for the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I thought the Q bar was very good around 2001-2003 roughly -lots of office workers on nights out and locals too -great atmosphere and nice women too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Franky1234

Heard from a reliable source that its opening again at the start of September.charlie chawke didn't buy it,2 brothers bought the lease and from what I hear they know what they are doing and are doing food live music and late bar.heard they be open from 7.30 am for food which sounds great.cant wait to see it open again

Advertisement