Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

Okay, I've been working with this company since last August but I work part time, mainly summer, christmas, etc kinda thing, not week in week out, basically whenever theres hours available, I work.

But this summer, I haven't worked since May and that was for 2 and a half hours. I told them twice when I was finished college (end of May) and I was available from then on for the whole summer but since then all I've been getting is excuses, while everybody else is called except me. Even people who had just finished their Leaving Certs were called in the following week for work instead of me?

I've talked to my boss 3/4 times over the summer and he's been saying he'll give me hours when he can, I've even went down to the company and he's said the same to me. Even a lad who asked for a month off to study for his college exams is continuously being asked to work instead of me and he's just told me over 12 staff are missing this week, due to holidays etc yet I haven't gotten a call?

I've been looking for other jobs since the start of the year and applied to countless places but I don't even get a reply.

I have no idea what to do at this stage.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Being very straight I'd take the hint and move on.

For some unknown reason your boss does not want to give you any work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Stheno wrote: »
    Being very straight I'd take the hint and move on.

For some unknown reason your boss does not want to give you any work.

Yeah I don't think I have any other option here.

Atleast that way I'm not being taken for an idiot and waiting for hours that'll never come.

Advertisement