Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting agents to represent the tenant?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

We are looking for something new to rent, but we have specific requirements.

Now i'm tiring of sitting over daft and myhome every evening and ending up with a very small selection of objects, half of which is not correctly represented and the other half the estate agents sounds like i'm trying to smear dirt in their face when asking for a viewing.

Is it possible for a potential tenant to hire an estate agent to do just that and maybe highlight stuff before it hits the websites? Is it worth it?

Are their even any decent estate agents left in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

We are looking for something new to rent, but we have specific requirements.

Now i'm tiring of sitting over daft and myhome every evening and ending up with a very small selection of objects, half of which is not correctly represented and the other half the estate agents sounds like i'm trying to smear dirt in their face when asking for a viewing.

Is it possible for a potential tenant to hire an estate agent to do just that and maybe highlight stuff before it hits the websites? Is it worth it?

Are their even any decent estate agents left in Dublin?

Do a google search for buyers brokers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

As far as I know the American style brokers dont exist here. Someone you can say I want x,y and z and they find it for you(most charge a 15% fee of the first years rent).

Most landlords avoid agents as they are slow and generally get ****ty rents( my parents are landlords and gets rent 20-25% higher than some estate agents for identical houses). Your best option is just keep looking at daft. There is very little supply in Dublin and although more apartments are coming up for rent. There is a ton foreign language students which are driving up rents

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cloudhopper

buyers brokers are at the completely wrong end of the market, but thanks anyway.

@hfallada
    I know, ALL estate agents i met over the years here in Ireland are entitled little money grabbing c*nts. Guess We're stuck then with browsing websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

If you don't want to find the property yourself then you can hire a relocation company. An estate agent is hired by the landlord to find tenants but a relocation company is hired by a tenant to find properties

You should note that if you are planning on hiring a relo company they can be very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Might be worth setting up email alerts for daft, saves you having to trawl over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement