Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil wedding Venue ideas for Kerry

Options
  • 30-07-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi Kerry Persons!

I was hoping ye could help me with some nice ideas. We are getting married ( in two years) and are hoping to do the civil ceremony in Kerry. We just don't know WHERE to pick as a venue. We will be probably having the reception in Glenbeigh (very special place for us)... but cant think of a nice venue nearby. It will be a humanist ceremony so its not gonna be churchy. We love nature and the sea so somewhere pretty or rustic would be nice. Not fancy shmancy. No muckross or expensive hotels for us penny pinching lovebirds! We don't want to have to travel tooo far so maybe somewhere on the cork Killarney kenmare side of the county?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Oh and we will have about 80-90 guests only!
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

all_smilz wrote: »
    Hi Kerry Persons!

I was hoping ye could help me with some nice ideas. We are getting married ( in two years) and are hoping to do the civil ceremony in Kerry. We just don't know WHERE to pick as a venue. We will be probably having the reception in Glenbeigh (very special place for us)... but cant think of a nice venue nearby. It will be a humanist ceremony so its not gonna be churchy. We love nature and the sea so somewhere pretty or rustic would be nice. Not fancy shmancy. No muckross or expensive hotels for us penny pinching lovebirds! We don't want to have to travel tooo far so maybe somewhere on the cork Killarney kenmare side of the county?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Oh and we will have about 80-90 guests only!
    Thank you!

You are a bit limited in that area if you aren't going for a hotel, as you are probably aware you can have a civil ceremony in a hotel (The Laurels in Killarney being the first to do so)
    Perhaps there is a venue in Glenbeigh that can accommodate you for both the service & reception?
    If not, perhaps the hiring of a marquee beside Rossbeigh beach? You would have to organise catering also, but if the weather held out it could be a wonderful day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Lelantos wrote: »
    ... you can have a civil ceremony in a hotel (The Laurels in Killarney being the first to do so) ...

I thought it was the Cahernane House Hotel was the first. And I didnt know The Laurels is a hotel ?? :confused: (must pay closer attention in future)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

dmeehan wrote: »
    I thought it was the Cahernane House Hotel was the first. And I didnt know The Laurels is a hotel ?? :confused: (must pay closer attention in future)

Sorry, I was on my phone, it should have said hotel or bar. As far as I know, the Laurels was the first licenced premises to have a ceremony performed on site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

kells bay? there is some sort of garden there with exotic plants from around the world and its near the sea (being a bay) :)

Advertisement