Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing goods from Poland in a van, will they be taxed?

Options
  • 30-07-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am planning to import about a 100 women's handbags bought in Poland through a courrier company (using a van). Upon arriving to Ireland, I assume these goods won't be taxed? Is there a law on that? I know that they would be taxed if they came in via post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

women's handbags is code for horse burgers right???

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nobodiez

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    women's handbags is code for horse burgers right???

No hidden agenda :) women's handbags, is exactly what it says it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There is free movement of goods without taxes or import clearance between all EU member companies. Your consignment will not be liable for either. Beware, if your goods are deemed to be counterfeit items, you could be in big bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

nobodiez wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am planning to import about a 100 women's handbags bought in Poland through a courrier company (using a van). Upon arriving to Ireland, I assume these goods won't be taxed? Is there a law on that? I know that they would be taxed if they came in via post.

Good morning Nobodiez,

As Peter advised goods shipped between EU member states (except alcohol and tobacco) are not liable to any duty. If you are a VAT registered trader, then you need to account for the transaction in your VAT return.

And yes, as Peter Dalkey advised, be aware of counterfeit goods. Eventhough there are no border controls as such, Customs will keep a sharp eye out for counterfeit products.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement