Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Mariota still hasn't thrown a pick this year. 19 passing TDs and 9 rushing TDs.

WSUs Conor Halliday had 89 attempts last night for 550+ yards. Still lost though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

polaris68 wrote: »
    All hail the Notre Dame defence!!

Ugly game but Go Irish!

Golson was just a massive loss. Having him in would have given us a shout of a BCS Bowl and would have importantly helped continue his development. As it is, I'm happy with how the season is progressing all things considered. The next two games should be winnable which would put us at 7 - 2 going into Pittsburgh. That wouldn't be a dreadful place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Oregon drop to No. 3 in the the first BCS Rankings released. Just .003 between themselves and Florida State though.

Some great games coming up in the next few weeks with Oregon's next two games being against UCLA and Stanford and Florida State playing Miami in 2 weeks time.

Rooting for Missouri though, but their schedule is so tough between now and the end of the season. Will probably drop at least two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

SantryRed wrote: »
    Oregon drop to No. 3 in the the first BCS Rankings released. Just .003 between themselves and Florida State though.

Some great games coming up in the next few weeks with Oregon's next two games being against UCLA and Stanford and Florida State playing Miami in 2 weeks time.

Rooting for Missouri though, but their schedule is so tough between now and the end of the season. Will probably drop at least two.

Think with Oregons schedule if they win out they will be in the championship game. Really really want Oregon v Bama championship game

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I thought at first Auburn had to travel to Tusacloosa for the Iron Bowl but it's at Jordan-Hare. I'd pay anything to be there if both Bama and Auburn win out 'till then.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268787/article/former-oregon-tight-end-colt-lyerla-arrested-on-cocaine-charge

Colt Lyerla continuing his descent from a possible 1st round draft pick to now most likely being an UDFA.

Hope someone gets hold of him before he throws away his life

HigginsJ wrote: »
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268787/article/former-oregon-tight-end-colt-lyerla-arrested-on-cocaine-charge

Colt Lyerla continuing his descent from a possible 1st round draft pick to now most likely being an UDFA.

Hope someone gets hold of him before he throws away his life

Unbelieveable. He missed a game for "circumstances", and lost his sh!t that Helfrich didn't refer to it as an "injury". Then was subsequently suspended for a violation of team rules. Then promptly quit school.

If I were a betting man I'd say the kid has developed a raging drug addiction. But who knows. He's finished anyway, I'd say. Shame, because he was talented, albeit not heavily utilised by Oregon. We could miss him in the trenches when the big games come around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The good news for the weekend is that BT Sport and ESPN are free for the weekend :D

So the games live on ESPN that all can watch are:

College Gameday @ 4pm
    Nebraska @ Minnesota @ 5pm
    Tennessee @ Alabama @ 8:30pm
    UCLA @ Oregon @ Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Quality of the ESPN player stream will depend on the quality of your broadband. I have taken out month-long subscriptions over the past few years and have been generally happy with it. There's a big selection of games if you're into college football.

However, last month for some reason there was one Saturday when it was down for most of the evening and when it came back up they didn't show the big night time game. Hopefully this was just a once off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

right guys as you know I always do a selection of picks to summarise tonight my main too picks are Buffalo -2 who are on a great run, I also feel Missouri -3 is too low have done both to win by least touchdown also.

Bama just rolling over the Vols. Good sign for Auburn's trip to Tennessee in a couple weeks' time, certainly winnable.

LSU next is the only serious challenge for the Tide ahead of the Iron Bowl and with them having to travel to Tuscaloosa it'd be a significant upset if LSU won that one.

Bama turn the ball over on the Vols' 1 and the Vols march up most of the field only for Bama to score a pick-six from about 80 yards out. 0-35, pretty much HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Gotta hand it to Bama they are really starting to roll now.

Such dominance!!!

I know Bama are an excellent team but AJ McCarron is one hell of a QB

Bruins giving Oregon a real going over so far.

missouri is pulling ahead im getting faith in the double coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Oregon on ESPN for the first time in a while from what I can remember, haven't seen them play since they bet Virginia a long time back - happy days :cool:

commentary in fecking Spanish :mad:

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Oregon on ESPN for the first time in a while from what I can remember, haven't seen them play since they bet Virginia a long time back - happy days :cool:

commentary in fecking Spanish :mad:

on espn over here too in english, coming to life now the ducks

All the potential upsets in the late games have fallen through apart from SC at Mizzou who are only trailing by a TD.

• Advertisement

TD South Carolina with 0:42 on the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

manafana wrote: »
    on espn over here too in english, coming to life now the ducks

Found the English stream afterwards so wasn't too bad. Ducks made easy work of it in the end so with Ohio State making easy work of Penn State not looking like we're going to see any changes to the top 4 rankings for the BCS come Monday.

Time to flick on Stanford Oregon State now until I pass out now - damn clocks going back has my body really confused at to what time it really is :o

SC beat Mizzou after double OT.

Still Mizzou's division to lose but if SC can beat them then there's big questions about whether they could hang with Bama, or indeed Auburn if they were to win the Iron Bowl.

Oregon might jump FSU after beating a ranked opponent. I'm not sure they shoulldnt be there anyway. Its obviois to a blind man that Bama and Oregon are the two best teams in the country.

Oregon might jump FSU after beating a ranked opponent. I'm not sure they shoulldnt be there anyway. Its obviois to a blind man that Bama and Oregon are the two best teams in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

davyjose wrote: »

Two of the best three.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

Im putting FSU up with them.

My case rests on this:
    ww.youtube.com/watch?v=-mBcnmNur8o

Two of the best three.

Disagree. Anyway I was right. Oregon passed FSU on the strength of this week's schedule.

Im putting FSU up with them.

My case rests on this:
    ww.youtube.com/watch?v=-mBcnmNur8o

:rolleyes:

I'll go by Mariota's 29 all-purpose TD's and 0 picks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

OU Vs Texas Tech

Watched the first half from the nose bleeds then snuck down into the student section for the 2nd half.

l4293oF.jpg
    jmq8YCd.jpg
    YQyflY1.jpg
    AxGLxuC.jpg

BOOMER!! SOONER!!

Advertisement