Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Just regarding Manziel, what exactly has he done to be so unpopular? I'm aware of the rich spoiled kid narrative but is there any events that have really stood out or is it just popular to dislike him now?

Off the top of my head, he got in a twitter row with some rival fans. He got kicked out of the Manning QB camp for being hungover late. And more recently, he is looking at serious punishment for mass selling autographs -- a serious no-no for students on a full scholarship.

Aside from that, the kid is a huge highlight reel, but not necessarily an NFL QB. Absolutely not in the same Calibre as Luck, or RG3 or even Cam Newton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The list is nearly endless. He went to a UT frat party (UT being A&M's arch-rivals and the college Manziel wanted to play for), he said he ''can't wait to leave'' College Station, the poor ladeen has decided to take online courses to avoid being at A&M as much as possible because he was getting too much attention. This is all within the last six months or so.

To say he's rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way is a serious understatement.

Manziel has royally pissed off the people in College Station and his only saving grace is that he is their meal-ticket to a BSC title run.

Even that is looking remote with the likely ban for the autograph debacle is sure to rule him out of the Bama game. Lose that one and the title run may already be in the grave by the middle of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I know I'm two decades late to the party but I got around to watching and Forest Gump plays under Bear Bryant..! Sweet little touch to actually have him play for the Crimson Tide and under Bryant rather than the sort of generic connfection that you'd see in most films.

Run Forest, run.. etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Exactly one week until kick-off now. North Carolina @ South Carolina is the opener, so Clowney decapitating someone will be a nice way to start the season. USC also play on the opening day.

Full opening week schedule below, just add 5 hours on to each time to get our time:

d2fe7e2bae44c7e29e88adc7a245084a.png
    07377031e8864e4a7fce5ee6d366e6d6.png
    a2e07028e1a02035d29336319fa28fd0.png
    5d42feabc2123e15418f766e6a93cca7.png
    f3e9a184b919970883dd33560ec98db0.png

Georgia @ Clemson is the pick of the bunch in terms of matchups (1am Saturday night/Sunday morning our time), with both sides ranked inside the top 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

We're short on numbers for College Fantasy Football this year. Anybody who fancies playing, please enquire within this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86201104#post86201104

It's great craic, will give you reason to watch games you normally wouldn't and will get you familiar with players you otherwise wouldn't take much notice of. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Anyone got an ideas how to get College gameday now other than illegal streaming?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone got any good quality, nearly HD streaming sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

www.espnplayer.com/espnplayer/ncaa

Kind of expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

JUST ONE DAY TO GO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭nerd69

Notre dame have lost another player still have a talented d but lost a lot of players this offseason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just a reminder, if one was needed.

ESPN Tonight 10.00pm College Football live followed by
    11.00pm North Carolina @ South Carolina
    Friday 02.15am Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt

Games repeated on Friday 3.15pm and 6.15pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

OldRio wrote: »
    Just a reminder, if one was needed.

ESPN Tonight 10.00pm College Football live followed by
    11.00pm North Carolina @ South Carolina
    Friday 02.15am Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt

Games repeated on Friday 3.15pm and 6.15pm.

and for sickos like me Hawaii v USC will be found after these two games on an online stream as I do an allnighter

GO WARRIORS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Heffo001

nerd69 wrote: »
    Notre dame have lost another player still have a talented d but lost a lot of players this offseason

Who? Are you talking about Spond or did something happen more recently?

Madworld wrote: »
    www.espnplayer.com/espnplayer/ncaa

Kind of expensive though.

Everytime I click into this it says not availble in your region!:mad::mad::mad:

Paully D wrote: »
    Exactly one week until kick-off now. North Carolina @ South Carolina is the opener, so Clowney decapitating someone will be a nice way to start the season. USC also play on the opening day.

Full opening week schedule below, just add 5 hours on to each time to get our time:

d2fe7e2bae44c7e29e88adc7a245084a.png
    07377031e8864e4a7fce5ee6d366e6d6.png
    a2e07028e1a02035d29336319fa28fd0.png
    5d42feabc2123e15418f766e6a93cca7.png
    f3e9a184b919970883dd33560ec98db0.png

Georgia @ Clemson is the pick of the bunch in terms of matchups (1am Saturday night/Sunday morning our time), with both sides ranked inside the top 8.

Defo plan to get the Bama game on, disappointed that Georgia vs Clemson is soo late:mad::mad:

Heffo001 wrote: »

na backup safety badger not a big player but still

Heffo001 wrote: »

is this normal this is my first season following college ball and it seems crazy how many players there loseing

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Heffo001

nerd69 wrote: »

is this normal this is my first season following college ball and it seems crazy how many players there loseing

I've only been following 3 years myself and it seems to be an annual thing for Notre Dame. It's a mixture of the academic requirements placed on ND students and the fact that they recruit nationally imo.

I'm actually relatively happy about Badger leaving. Would never have been in the two deep imo and frees up an extra scholarship. Shumate, Hardy, Collinsworth, Farley and Redfield are all better players with Turner being a better athlete to develop and a few big CBs who could switch to safety as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bit the bullet and got Setanta in today. Interested to see Clowney tonight but can't wait to see The Hokies vs Bama. Will Logan Thomas have a bounce back year?

Silly question, but if I want to watch NCAA on TV - am I better getting Setanta or BT? Sorry, I'm completely off the radar this year! I got ESPN Player today, but know it wont get all the games I want to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Silly question, but if I want to watch NCAA on TV - am I better getting Setanta or BT? Sorry, I'm completely off the radar this year! I got ESPN Player today, but know it wont get all the games I want to watch.

BT package gives you the BT channels and Sh1tanta and ESPN

Going for the following this weekend:

South Carolina -11
    Cincinnati -10.5
    Texas Tech -4
    Northern Illinois +3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

mostly a watching brief for me on week one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

time is kick off irish time? THe different yank time zones always throw me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Arawn wrote: »
    time is kick off irish time? THe different yank time zones always throw me

11pm mate. General rule is add 5 hours on to the American time to get our time. Bookies websites are handy if you're ever in need of knowing too, they'll have the Irish time beside each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Woo Hoo footballs back!!

Serious question lads.

Who do ye think has the hottest cheerleaders?? College ball or NFL.

Personally I think the college ball, ye??

• Advertisement

WHAT A TD

Advertisement