Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

davyjose wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I'll go by Mariota's 29 all-purpose TD's and 0 picks.

The zero interceptions is fairly immense.

Pity that they are unlikely to meet this year and we won't get to se them go head to head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

There was two unbelievable plays in the OU Texas Tech game.

The ridiculous double reverse TD:

78 yard TD Pass:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Don't forget guys 4pm kick offs for today

My picks are

Temple -11.5 and Carolina -11.5 (more on weekly blog here)

Basically both sides are coming up, I thought Temple were on road at first and still liked the spread. Shaw practised this week for SC he hasnt done that in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Ok. Here we go, Navy-Notre Dame.

Irish need style points but it could be a dogfight.

True freshman running back for Notre Dame, Tarean Folston, played a good 1st quarter there.

• Advertisement

........... and a dogfight it is.

Christ, we're a long way from the Aviva Stadium Sept 2012, tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The Irish really have fell off a cliff this year. I doubt anyone was expecting them to be as good as last year's team but this is a worrying degree of decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

polaris68 wrote: »
    Christ, we're a long way from the Aviva Stadium Sept 2012, tonight!

Ironically, I'm physically nearer to tonights game. :pac::(

Embarrassing, why do I inflict this sh1t on myself year after year :-(

• Advertisement

Phew. Found a stream just in time.

That kid Folston got game.

Another win, but talk about playing down to the level of your opponent.

Auburn have went 21-3 up in the third quarter against the Hogs, looking like it's almost over. Professional job by the Tigers.

Trey Mason is on fire, fourth TD of the night on a 3rd and 9 near the Arkansas goal-line ends the game as a contest. Auburn 35-17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Stream has switched to a MLS playoff game at Gillette Stadium, complete with full american football markings and floating Elvis head in the centre circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Syferus wrote: »
    The Irish really have fell off a cliff this year. I doubt anyone was expecting them to be as good as last year's team but this is a worrying degree of decline.
    Another win, but talk about playing down to the level of your opponent.

Awful posts.

ND lost their starting QB, are 7 - 2 with losses to OU and Michigan where they had a shot in the 4th. Fallen off a cliff? Wtf are you talking about?

As for last night, Navy played out of their skins on the day (no turnovers or penalties). Every Ty Willingham and Charlie Weis team loses that game. It was a great game and a good win no matter what anyone not paying attention wants to tell you.

Yeah if anything, Notre Dame were very lucky to go undefeated last year. What was an awful schedule on paper at the start of year turned out to be very kind to them. But they've been playing at a level higher than what you'd expect by looking at their roster which is a credit to Kelly. They're 19-2 over the past 2 years. I would honestly have taken out a large loan and bet against you if you had told me that at the start of last year.

This year the likes of Duke and Western Kentuky were able to comfortably deal with Navy's option attack, alarmingly this is something the Notre Dame defence could not do last night.

Benchmarking off Weiz and Willingham is setting a very low bar!

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Awful posts.

ND lost their starting QB, are 7 - 2 with losses to OU and Michigan where they had a shot in the 4th. Fallen off a cliff? Wtf are you talking about?

As for last night, Navy played out of their skins on the day (no turnovers or penalties). Every Ty Willingham and Charlie Weis team loses that game. It was a great game and a good win no matter what anyone not paying attention wants to tell you.

Pretty much all of the top half of the ranked teams would run over the Irish right now. Nothing awful about stating the obvious, ND just aren't at the BSC races this year.

They're not terrible but this isn't where Kelly and company were aiming to be, barely ranked and just about limbing over Navy in South Bend.

This year the likes of Duke and Western Kentuky were able to comfortably deal with Navy's option attack, alarmingly this is something the Notre Dame defence could not do last night.

Meh, teams often play up to their opponents, especially in rivalries. Notre Dame embarrassed Navy last year, Navy were probably building up to this game all year. Once they saw that things were going their way after their first score, that pumped them up even more.

Happens all the time in every sport.

Navy have two benchmark games every year that their whole year leads up to: ND and Army. Talking about other games where they didn't click demonstrates a lack of knowledge and context imo. Navy played to their utmost potential last night. No turnovers and no penalties is an astonishing four quarters of execution by a military academy team.
    Syferus wrote: »
    Pretty much all of the top half of the ranked teams would run over the Irish right now. Nothing awful about stating the obvious, ND just aren't at the BSC races this year.

They're not terrible but this isn't where Kelly and company were aiming to be, barely ranked and just about limbing over Navy in South Bend.

Again, wtf are you talking about? :confused: Kelly is very happy with where they are, and so he should be. If ND win their last three games it is likely that they play in a BCS bowl. That's a great position to be in considering the disastrous nature of the offseason. Anyone who expected more than this before the season began was somehow ignorant of the profound effect losing Golson was going to have. I had no expectations of a NC run, and to be 7 - 2 with two respectable losses is fantastic really.

Yeah if anything, Notre Dame were very lucky to go undefeated last year. What was an awful schedule on paper at the start of year turned out to be very kind to them. But they've been playing at a level higher than what you'd expect by looking at their roster which is a credit to Kelly. They're 19-2 over the past 2 years. I would honestly have taken out a large loan and bet against you if you had told me that at the start of last year.

They were lucky in some respects and the schedule wasn't as brutal as initially feared, but the Stanford and OU wins were legit. I think people underestimate how difficult it is to win 'games you're supposed to win' consistently. ASU, USC, Airforce, Navy isn't the toughest schedule stretch by any means but you have to ****ing put the games away. The last couple of seasons ND have started to do that. Claims that the program has 'fallen off a cliff' are laughable. Baffling posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

One way of dealing with the DE

http://m.imgur.com/wQwy52T

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Big game tonight with Stanford hosting Oregon.

Anyone staying up for it? 2am start on ESPN.

2 teams in the top 5, last season Stanford effectively ended Oregon's shot at the BCS.

Bit of a **** time from our point of view but should be a cracker.

There's also an NFL game on as well as Oklahoma @ Baylor, 2 top 10 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

BYbpjX4CYAAkEvl_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75
    Thought this was pretty funny from the Ball State fans the last night.

What do people make of Stanford-Oregon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

adrian522 wrote: »
    Big game tonight with Stanford hosting Oregon.

Anyone staying up for it? 2am start on ESPN.

2 teams in the top 5, last season Stanford effectively ended Oregon's shot at the BCS.

Bit of a **** time from our point of view but should be a cracker.

There's also an NFL game on as well as Oklahoma @ Baylor, 2 top 10 teams.

Such a great couple of games. Pity it's Thursday night & I'm working in the morning. Would love to see Baylor win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What do people make of Stanford-Oregon?

Think Stanford will pull off the upset again. Only seen two full Ducks games this year but have not been blown away by them

Advertisement