Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Think Stanford will pull off the upset again. Only seen two full Ducks games this year but have not been blown away by them

the 2nd half v UCLA was pretty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Think Stanford will pull off the upset again. Only seen two full Ducks games this year but have not been blown away by them

Stanford have been pretty awful so far this season and tbh didn't deserve their early season ranking at all, the defence is still pretty good but the offence has been very poor and they've been very reliant on big special teams plays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

20/0 TD to INT is just amazing, they are a great offense to watch, wish they were on tv more to be honest.

adrian522 wrote: »
    20/0 TD to INT is just amazing, they are a great offense to watch, wish they were on tv more to be honest.

struggling with his throws today missing a deep man open not like him and been very close to been picked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I haven't watched much of Oregon this year but I'd guess this is the best defense they've faced.

Good game so far, Stanford running the ball well and containing the Oregon offense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Baylor put some beating on Oklahoma last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

That's that then. Alabama/Florida State for the National Championship.

Bryce Petty also separating himself from the pack in the Heisman race. Between himself and Winston it looks like, but Petty in front right now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

A sad night to be a Duck.

BW3ABlCCUAA56Af.jpg

13725489-large.jpeg

That's that then. Alabama/Florida State for the National Championship.

Bryce Petty also separating himself from the pack in the Heisman race. Between himself and Winston it looks like, but Petty in front right now I'd say.

Say Bama lose to LSU or Auburn. Would a 1 loss Bama hold off Ohio State or Baylor if they win out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

No - Alabama would not hold off both Ohio State and Baylor.
    That would be placing too much weight on previous years' success.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

big result last night. FSU the big winners OSU probably don't gain as Baylor will probably jump them after their dismantling of OU.

I really really hope Bama trip up somewhere. I don't think the SEC is close to the level its been at the past few years and its living off reputation right now.

No - Alabama would not hold off both Ohio State and Baylor.
    That would be placing too much weight on previous years' success.

agreed, right now baylor trumps ohio for sure.

If Baylor win out, then they have a chance but one of Alabama and FSU would have to lose. Baylor's schedule is tough though. It's mostly against high scoring offenses - Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU and Texas, but then again, Baylor have the highest scoring in the country. Should be entertaining.

If Baylor win out, then they have a chance but one of Alabama and FSU would have to lose. Baylor's schedule is tough though. It's mostly against high scoring offenses - Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU and Texas, but then again, Baylor have the highest scoring in the country. Should be entertaining.

Seeing the gap this week between Baylor and FSU in the BCS will be interesting. Baylor if they win out will get a big computer boost, FSU's opportunities to improve form this point are impossible.

Its not inconceivable that Baylor could pass out FSU if both win out, FSU has nothing it can gain in the computers as its at 1.000% perfect rating and has nothing on their schedule to pull first place votes from Bama in the coaches poll

FSU remaining schedule

Wake Forest 4-5
    Syracuse 4-4
    Idaho 1-8
    Florida 4-4

Whilst Baylor plays 3 teams with winning records 2 of whom are ranked and their "easy" game is @ TCU which aint so easy either. So they have room to get computer love and also more room to move in the coaches poll.

The gap currently is .178 now that's a heck of a lot to close, and Im kind out there on a limb saying it could happen, but will be interesting to follow it as you can be sure it will be a heck of a lot closer after this weekend.

#25 Texas Tech 7-2
    #14 Oaklahoma St7-1
    TCU 3-6
    Texas 6-2

Yeah and it bodes well for them that Oklahoma State only have Kansas this week, so they'll be ranked higher by the time Baylor face them. Of course that wont matter if they dont beat Texas Tech - would love to see what the over/under is for that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Say Bama lose to LSU or Auburn. Would a 1 loss Bama hold off Ohio State or Baylor if they win out?

Auburn would be returning to the BCS title game if they win out. The Iron Bowl is in Jordan-Hare this year too but it would mark one of the most impressive reversals of fortunes in a season (with most of the same starters) in the modern era if they could do it.

Syferus wrote: »
    Auburn would be returning to the BCS title game if they win out. The Iron Bowl is in Jordan-Hare this year too but it would mark one of the most impressive reversals of fortunes in a season (with most of the same starters) in the modern era if they could do it.

I don't think so personally I don't think a 1 loss SEC team will make it this year if there are two AQ teams unbeaten. They (The SEC) have looked less than impressive OOC and that hasn't been lost on voters.

D3PO wrote: »
    I don't think so personally I don't think a 1 loss SEC team will make it this year if there are two AQ teams unbeaten. They (The SEC) have looked less than impressive OOC and that hasn't been lost on voters.

Auburn would have beaten Georgia, Bama and Mizzou in the SEC title game if they win out. Oregon's loss has left the door wide open for a non-Bama SEC champion to make a run.

I think the Georgia game is a huge banana skin, that is a rivalry game only exceeded in its vemon by the Iron Bowl for Auburn.

Georgia have been up and down all season. They aren't half the side of the past few seasons tbh. I think your overplaying the value a win over them would have with the voters.

• Advertisement

Georgia have been up and down all season. They aren't half the side of the past few seasons tbh. I think your overplaying the value a win over them would have with the voters.

I think Georgia have been ruined by injuries this year. Todd Gurley missing time & Murray missing his top wideouts. They are slowly getting fit & could ruin any BCS hopes for Auburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I think the Oregon experiment is over. Their offense is spectacular when it works, but there's no plan B. When it stalls, there's nothing to turn to. If Mariota sticks around another year they need to recruit some big monster receivers, and build a proper D.

Their loss will rule them out of the Championship game, just like it did the last two seasons, and didn't for Bama the last two seasons, but if Mariota sticks around, they have one more year to get it right. After that: knock it all down and start again, IMO.

Some interesting games this evening starting at 5pm were I looked,

the standout is auburn to cover a touchdown travelling to Tennessee

Auburn are creating some worry in Bama yet with a surprise big season.

manafana wrote: »
    Some interesting games this evening starting at 5pm were I looked,

the standout is auburn to cover a touchdown travelling to Tennessee

Auburn are creating some worry in Bama yet with a surprise big season.

To be honest LSU are still the biggest obstacle between the Tide and the SEC title game. Auburn have to go up another rung in the next two games before Tuscaloosa will be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Anyone else watching Auburn Tennesse - crazy 2nd quarter here :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Seeing the gap this week between Baylor and FSU in the BCS will be interesting. Baylor if they win out will get a big computer boost, FSU's opportunities to improve form this point are impossible.

Its not inconceivable that Baylor could pass out FSU if both win out, FSU has nothing it can gain in the computers as its at 1.000% perfect rating and has nothing on their schedule to pull first place votes from Bama in the coaches poll

Not sure if I'd want a Baylor-Bama match-up as of now. If for no other reason than I just think FSU is the better team and would have a better shot at beating the Tide in the NC game. I think FSU might arguably be the best team I've seen this year. It's true that FSU's schedule strength tails off a bit down the stretch but they've shown me plenty already. Baylor scheduling Wofford, Buffalo, and UL Monroe as their OOF games put them in a deep SOS pit to climb out of to start the season. I don't feel Baylor is quite as balanced on both sides of the ball and the Big 12 is not a very strong conference this year. Baylor and possibly OSU are really the only quality teams in that conference. When your signature OOF conference victory is over Notre Dame that's a problem. I don't think Oklahoma was remotely anywhere near as good as their very flattering poll ranking would suggest. They looked less than ordinary against Texas. Baylor's defence whilst not terrible doesn't have the defensive playmakers of FSU.

Auburn pulling away now. Georgia the last man standing between Auburn and a dream Iron Bowl.

Auburn 55-23 with an ocean of time left. Going for style points at this stage.

Tre Mason is something else. Hell, Auburn's option is something else. Where have we heard that before?

Syferus wrote: »
    To be honest LSU are still the biggest obstacle between the Tide and the SEC title game. Auburn have to go up another rung in the next two games before Tuscaloosa will be worried.

Yeah I see your point but I see them getting their LSU have been pretty poor by their high standards this year.

ANother value bet I like is Navy giving 17pts, Hawaii have no wins this year and last week they got delayed going to Utah now they travel to Maryland thats one hell of a road trip after another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Does everyone usually watch whatever game is on ESPN or can anyone give me any reliable streams for any games tonight?

Advertisement