Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Game changing INT by USC. They can push on an eliminate Stanford from the BSC conversation.

USC win. Via a field goal.

Only FSU, Bama, Baylor, Ohio State and Auburn left with any national title ambitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

If Coach O doesn't get the job after last night, I'll be furious.

coachsword.gif

Heck of a day for fantastic catches.

anderson22.gif
    822260316.gif
    jjonehanded.gif

Baylor overtake Ohio State and sit at number 3 - delighted for them. Would love to see them crack the top 2, however unlikely it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Baylor overtake Ohio State and sit at number 3 - delighted for them. Would love to see them crack the top 2, however unlikely it is.

If they win out, who knows. This time last year everyone assumed the top two would win out and it didn't matter what Notre Dame did. You got to win out, if you win out against Baylor's schedule it will be a rare year you don't play for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If Coach O doesn't get the job after last night, I'll be furious.

Confirmed by the Broncos that Jack Del Rio interviewed for the job that day before John Fox had a heart attack. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Syferus wrote: »
    USC win. Via a field goal.

Only FSU, Bama, Baylor, Ohio State and Auburn left with any national title ambitions.

Auburn really don't have any title ambitions left even if they win out TBH. If your going to list them then youd equally have to list Mizzou neither with a SEC championship win will force there way into the top 2 though.

If Auburn can put 4 quarters together like they did the first 3 against Georgia the Iron bowl in 2 weeks time it will be a very interesting game v Alabama.

I cannot see FSU fail to run the table as their remaining schedule is so weak so in my mind its only a case of if Alabama can join them or if OSU or Baylor can crash the party.

Baylor will move ahead of OSU with a win next week but I wonder if OSU can regain it with a win v whats possibly at the time a top 10 ranked Michigan State in the title game.

If Alabama do lose who does get that #2 spot if going to be seriously interesting.

D3PO wrote: »
    Baylor will move ahead of OSU with a win next week but I wonder if OSU can regain it with a win v whats possibly at the time a top 10 ranked Michigan State in the title game.

They already have moved ahead of Baylor. I think a Baylor win vs Oklahoma State isn't too dissimilar to a Ohio State win vs Michigan State, so I don't think OSU's destiny is in their own hands. Perhaps had the rest of the Big Ten not been so lousy this year things would have been different, but Baylor's Big 12 dominance looks more impressive than OSU's Big Ten dominance. Both teams have had lousy out of conference schedules, but they're usually booked years in advance so hard to blame them. I do sympathise with OSU though in that the Cal game looked a better fixture at the time it was booked, and Vandy pulling out of their game hasn't helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

They already have moved ahead of Baylor. I think a Baylor win vs Oklahoma State isn't too dissimilar to a Ohio State win vs Michigan State, so I don't think OSU's destiny is in their own hands. Perhaps had the rest of the Big Ten not been so lousy this year things would have been different, but Baylor's Big 12 dominance looks more impressive than OSU's Big Ten dominance. Both teams have had lousy out of conference schedules, but they're usually booked years in advance so hard to blame them. I do sympathise with OSU though in that the Cal game looked a better fixture at the time it was booked, and Vandy pulling out of their game hasn't helped.

One of the things you have to account for is brand name recognition though.

FOr arguments sake lets say Alabama drop a game you have to think if given a choice between sending Baylor to a NC game or OSU how the coaches poll might change.

Like it or not when push comes to shove theres a cohort of coaches that will possibly change their mind on who ranks above who if a NC berth is on the line.

Not saying its right or fair but has to be a consideration for the argument. You also have to conside that MSU will probably finish ahead of OK State in the rankings assuming both lose to OSU and Baylor respectively and Wisconsin will likely rise higher than any Big12 team will.

I think its a closer call than some people think.

Baylor are a better side IMO but you don't always get what you deserve.

• Advertisement

Worth remembering that today is the last day a lot of players will ever step on to a football field to play competitively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

michigan state are so impressive defending a short field add in a good punter ohio state might be tested their.

great game next A&M go to LSU its been a while since they won their

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Rees to DaVaris Daniels for a Notre Dame TD.

Who'd have taught it, first establish the run game and suddenly it becomes a lot easier to throw TD passes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Florida loosing 20-10, at home, deep in the third quarter to a 6-4 Georgia Southern team. :eek:

Mushcamp will be getting the chop in the morning if they don't manage to pull this out of the bag.

Also Oregon down 21-9 to an unranked Arizona.

Madworld wrote: »
    Also Oregon down 21-9 to an unranked Arizona.

During the week, some of the duck players were talking about how demotivated they were now that they were out of contention for the BCS title game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jeez Manziel is struggling tonight, He doesnt like playing LSU

Georgia Southern just beat Florida Gators and didn't actually complete a pass in the game. 0 passing yards. :eek:

BZyfA6fCEAE_g9e.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

polaris68 wrote: »
    During the week, some of the duck players were talking about how demotivated they were now that they were out of contention for the BCS title game!
    See how many of those guys make the NFL, straight up character flaw right there which doesn't go down well with the scouts. And to think that even this week there was still a chance albeit slim. A couple of shock losses is all it would have taken.
    If its a case of them quitting already then they just don't have the right attitude and its not surprising they are no longer in the running for the big game.

Tailgate for next weekend's Iron Bowl has already started.

http://twitter.com/FootballAU/status/404319241958359040/photo/1

• Advertisement

Nothing Tuitt!!

Not even 3 minutes into the game and it's already Arizona State 7 - 7 UCLA. Could be a wild one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What happened the Ducks tonight. 20 point favourites & lost 42-16 to Arizona :eek:

Bama shut-out Chatt 49 zip in Tuscaloosa to put the final bow on the Iron Bowl today. AJ McCarron has also become Bama's 'winningest' QB of all-time, in itself a feat.

Wow, ASU 35 - 13 up on UCLA at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bryce Petty 30 yard open space to the endzone un touched. Stumbles & falls down at the 1. 2 plays later Linwood loses the ball when stretching out for TD. Could be a big swing

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Bryce Petty 30 yard open space to the endzone un touched. Stumbles & falls down at the 1. 2 plays later Linwood loses the ball when stretching out for TD. Could be a big swing

Couple of minutes later and OSU are in for a TD. Two big time throws and catches. Baylor just gone 3 and out too, only the 8th time this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Had a nibble on Oklahoma State as they were just too big at 5/2 with Baylor's two starting RB's out tonight but tbh Petty can just turn it on at any moment and rack up points so despite the good start it can all change so quickly.

Watching Arizona State - UCLA at the moment. Great game.

Arizona State are up 35-27 coming up to the 4th quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Baylor down 14-0 now, Chelf has been perfect so far and the Oklahoma State D has stepped it up big time. Baylor really missing Seastrunk

Advertisement