Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Do many teams even put a player in the end zone on a FG try?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Do many teams even put a player in the end zone on a FG try?

Yeah most do. Particularly on longer attempts, but also in case the opposition tries to run a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

amazing game caught the full 4th quarter saban out coached in the end.

on the rankings id have FSU 1st Auburn 2nd Ohio St 3rd Mizz 4th

I know computers dont factor margin of victory so fact ohio only squezzed past michigan st isnt factored their but its got be close thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

manafana wrote: »
    amazing game caught the full 4th quarter saban out coached in the end.

on the rankings id have FSU 1st Auburn 2nd Ohio St 3rd Mizz 4th

I know computers dont factor margin of victory so fact ohio only squezzed past michigan st isnt factored their but its got be close thing.

comps will have auburn ahead of OSU but voters will make OSU second.

I don't think it will matter in the end tbh Ive been pretty sure Michigan State would do OSU for a few weeks now and having seen the Michigan gamee yesterday im even more sure of it.

winner of Auburn v Mizz will play FSU in the national championship. Book it.

D3PO wrote: »
    comps will have auburn ahead of OSU but voters will make OSU second.

I don't think it will matter in the end tbh Ive been pretty sure Michigan State would do OSU for a few weeks now and having seen the Michigan gamee yesterday im even more sure of it.

winner of Auburn v Mizz will play FSU in the national championship. Book it.

yet i like state their defence is best in league iv seen anyway and stats back that up too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

OSU ahead in both computers and polls:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs/_/year/2013

-6 in some places against MSU. They win, the SEC is frozen out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Not so fast.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They win, the SEC is frozen out.

Ive heard that twice in recent seasons. Both times we had SEC National Champs :pac:

the SEC will win the BCS again. As dominant as FSU have been they have played nobody I think they are overhyped.

MSU beats Ohio State in the Big 10 championship game and the Mizz / Auburn winner goes on to take the crystal in Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Sarkisian gets the USC job. Would have preferred Orgeron get it full time, but I guess Sarkisian is a good hire. Will be gutted if Orgeron moves elsewhere though.

His stint at Ole Miss is still haunting him ten years on plus. He deserved the job not only did he show it as the interim HC but for all he has done for the USC program for years.

they could risk losing him now and that's one hell of a good recruiter gone if he does go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Sarkisian gets the USC job. Would have preferred Orgeron get it full time, but I guess Sarkisian is a good hire. Will be gutted if Orgeron moves elsewhere though.

I'm actually glad that they didnt give Orgeron the job. There's a litter of interim coaches that didn't work out long term so I'm hoping that Orgeron instead gets a chance at some smaller, middle of the road school next season. Saying that I've been incredibly impressed by Orgeron and it's clear that he's a players coach that everyone at SC has played strong for

very little discussion on this years Heisman.

Who would you guys give it to if you have a vote ?

For me Id be giving it to Andre Williams the Boston College RB. Only the 6th Running Back to rush for over 2000 yards in an NCAAF season (DIV1) and getting very little love.

Johnny Football, Marcus Mariota and AJ McCarron have all fallen by the wayside with recent performances and the cloud over Winston regarding the rape allegation against him means I cant in good consciousness cheer for him to win it. Which if it turns out to be an untrue allegation is unfair but cest la vie.

For me my ballot would be (I wouldn't vote for Winston at all)

1 Andre Williams
    2 Derek Carr
    3 Johnny Manziel
    4 Mike Evans
    5 KaDeem Carey

interested in others opinions although Id be shocked if Winston doesn't win it unless he gets charged with rape in the next few weeks.

It'll be either Lynch or Winston for me. I'd like to see Lynch get it. Or Bryce Petty.

I think Lynchs credentials are damaged by last seasons Orange bowl. Lot of people seeing him putting up sick numbers but then reflecting it against the lack of talent hes playing against.

Petty over the past two games has seen him plummet like a stone imo.

I really cant understand why theres no love for Andre Williams the guys performances are staggering this season. Its either the award for the most outstanding college player or its another QB award. Youd swear its the latter with all guys that there is hype about

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If Jordan Lynch was a running back he'd be the third leading rusher in the nation (with a higher ypc than any of the top eight). He is clearly the stand out player in the country and it will be down to big conference nonsense when he is passed over for the award.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Jordan Lynch will suffer for 2 reasons. Not being in a big conference & his struggles against FSU in last years orange bowl.

Manziel, McCarron, Mariota, Petty are all out of the running after recent performances.

Andre Williams is a dark horse but at the end of the day I think Winston wins it. He has been the outstanding player on the outstanding team of the year.

Looks like Chris Peterson has left Boise State for Washington. Very interesting move. Would have preferred him over Sarkisian at USC but will have to see how things play out. At least Sarkisian has some pedigree from high powered offences at USC.

good move by the Huskies. Be interesting to see how he can recruit at an AQ school tbh.

In other news Winston wont be charged so the Heisman is wrapped up.

had the pleasure of watching bridgewater properly last night, he is so posed in the pocket, has feet but uses them as last resort, seems to have good arm if a little inaccurate.

this was one of the two lovely td's he threw near end of the game to win it

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/12/5/5180258/cincinnati-louisville-2013-score-recap

Anyone watching the MAC championship game? Northern Illinnois' WR just made an incredible one-handed grab to put NI level at 7-7 with Bowling Green.

Would be a disaster for NI to lose this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That would be the end of Northern Illonis and a BCS bowl game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Exciting end to the Bedlam game.

Gutting ending for the Cowboys. Even when they're the better team on paper the Sooners still have their number. Must be incredibly disappointing to lose the Big 12 at home, like that, to the Sooners.

Wooo. Nick Marshall is getting better with every single game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Is trolling SEC fans on twitter a national past time in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How has Green-Beckham done since joining Missouri, lads? Has he lived up to the hype?

EDIT - TD Green-Beckham :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Can anyone help on a rules question?

In the Oklahoma game the last TD was scored after the clock had gone to zero
    but they didn't kick the 1 point conversion.
    If there's no time left on the clock are conversions not allowed?

Marshall having a 'mare in terms of ball security. Auburn look to have an edge overall so it's very important that they don't give away cheap points or possessions.

Tre Mason. Auburn's offense seems almost unstoppable unless it fumbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Impressive drive by Auburn there to regain the lead.

Advertisement