Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ruh roh OSU, looking good for Auburn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Spartans 10-0 up. Time to dig deep & find out what Ohio State have

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wow!

So FSU vs Auburn then

HigginsJ wrote: »
    So FSU vs Auburn then

Yep, will be a really interesting match up.

• Advertisement

So FSU vs Auburn then

This one is far from over I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Sparty, if you do this you can be my third favourite team. Incredible start by the Spartans and were it not for a slip-up in South Bend they would be dreaming of the BCS title game themselves right now.

Duke certainly are playing hard themselves. They're causing Winston and the FSU offense all sorts of problems.

Syferus wrote: »
    Duke certainly are playing hard themselves. They're causing Winston and the FSU offense all sorts of problems.

Playing hard but hopelessly out matched. To hold them to 0 in the 1st quarter wad an achievement in itself

So FSU vs Auburn then

lee-corso.png

• Advertisement

Playing hard but hopelessly out matched. To hold them to 0 in the 1st quarter wad an achievement in itself

Aye, they needed the early points to have any chance of troubling FSU. Good goal-line stand by Sparty to end the half, letting another TD in before the break would have really dented their confidence. 17-10 up at the half marks a good shift by MSU.

Only in America could you have a situation where people compete in party games (sponsored by Dr. Pepper) for scholarship money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Only in America could you have a situation where people compete in party games (sponsored by Dr. Pepper) for scholarship money.

ku-xlarge.gif

Tebow could take a few pointers from this guy

Tie ball game OSU vs MSU

TD Sparty, 27-24 lead in the mid-4th. They've bent but haven't buckled.

Failed 4th down conversion by OSU. It's winning time for the Spartans.

Hell of a drive by Sparty...

TD SPARTANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

One more down by Sparty's D and Auburn are in.

AUBURN ARE IN!!!!!

Alabama will be represented in five consecutive BSC title games now, and the crystal football hasn't left the state since that streak began. Incredible.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that when the dust settled on the 2013 season Auburn would be one of the final two teams. This year's run is even more stunning than Cam's back in 2010-11. From win-less in the SEC last year to the national title game, this is the sort of thing that just doesn't happen in a sport as competitive as college ball. Malzahn was an inspired choice.

A seminal season? Check.

A team of destiny? One last test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Spartans really will be kicking themselves a silly loss to an average team cost them their own place in the BCS Bowl. What a defence they have limited a high powered ohio state pretty well and scored few on them.

If its right or not the best match up in the end should come good. I still think Bama are better side than Auburn but was more than happy to seee them beat.

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    Spartans really will be kicking themselves a silly loss to an average team cost them their own place in the BCS Bowl. What a defence they have limited a high powered ohio state pretty well and scored few on them.

If its right or not the best match up in the end should come good. I still think Bama are better side than Auburn but was more than happy to seee them beat.

Bama are more balanced but Auburn have an absolutely incredible option attack that even the Tide couldn't slow down. When Saban can't stop you you're doing something very special.

FSU haven't played any team on the level Auburn are operating on and I'd wonder if winning all their games by 14 points or more this season against 66th-ranked schedule has set them up for failure when the Tigers start to grind the ball and the game.

Two incredible offenses and the SEC title game is probably a preview of what we can expect in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Bama are more balanced but Auburn have an absolutely incredible option attack that even the Tide couldn't slow down. When Saban can't stop you you're doing something very special.

FSU haven't played any team on the level Auburn are operating on and I'd wonder if winning all their games by 14 points or more this season against 66th-ranked schedule has set them up for failure when the Tigers start to grind the ball and the game.

Two incredible offenses and the SEC title game is probably a preview of what we can expect in January.

agree but even when they found out saban it still took a miracle play to take the game away. This Auburn side just rides a little too close to the edge my money is on FSU.

manafana wrote: »
    agree but even when they found out saban it still took a miracle play to take the game away. This Auburn side just rides a little too close to the edge my money is on FSU.

They had Alabama's number on special teams all day and were running on the Tide D at will; Alabama would probably have lost in OT and that surely contributed to Saban going for the long bomb in the first place.

That one was an incredible play but it was no miracle. Malzahn put Davis in when he called the time-out just for that eventuality when he saw Alabama had its FG team filled with big lads who couldn't tackle.

No miracles were needed today either. Auburn are only getting better.

And wouldn't it be delicious if we did end up getting Bama-Oregon after all, as some have suggested might be the Sugar Bowl match-up? For much of the season that looked like the BCS title game and they could serve up one hell of a game..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Superb job by Malzahn to take Auburn to the NC game considering the position that were in last year.

I think it will be:

BCS: Auburn vs FSU
    Orange: Clemson vs OSU
    Sugar: Oklahoma vs Alabama
    Fiesta: Baylor vs UCF
    Rose: Stanford vs MSU

And Oregon to lose out. Oklahoma are a huge draw and, deserve it or not, their win yesterday will catapult them into the top 14 and eligibility and I think Oregon will lose out as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Read before the Iron Bowl that an Auburn student put $100 on his team to win the BCS. Stands to win $50k. I didn't think he had a chance, even yesterday, but Jesus.....

Read before the Iron Bowl that an Auburn student put $100 on his team to win the BCS. Stands to win $50k. I didn't think he had a chance, even yesterday, but Jesus.....

Put it on in January apparently.

Now gets to decide how much he lays off on FSU to lock in a tidy win (assuming he's not an idiot). Nice one.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think it will be:

BCS: Auburn vs FSU
    Orange: Clemson vs OSU
    Sugar: Oklahoma vs Alabama
    Fiesta: Baylor vs UCF
    Rose: Stanford vs MSU

And Oregon to lose out. Oklahoma are a huge draw and, deserve it or not, their win yesterday will catapult them into the top 14 and eligibility and I think Oregon will lose out as a result.

I think that is pretty much spot on but I do believe that the Sugar Bowl will be Oregon vs Alabama. It's a game that has been wanted for 2 years so I don't see how they miss the chance to make that match up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Though I'd prefer Alabama/Oregon, I think it will be Oklahoma simply because of the fan base and the location.

• Advertisement

FSU are apparently as big as 9.5 point favourites for the BCS game. Giving Auburn 9.5 points is too much IMO.

Advertisement