Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

D3PO wrote: »

I don't think it will matter in the end tbh Ive been pretty sure Michigan State would do OSU for a few weeks now and having seen the Michigan gamee yesterday im even more sure of it.

winner of Auburn v Mizz will play FSU in the national championship. Book it.

The Oracle spoke. :cool:

Auburn to easily beat FSU to keep the SEC run going. Book it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I don't believe FSU's defence is for real and if Bama or Mizzou have no answers for Auburn it's hard to see FSU's doing much better. Problem is I don't think Auburn's secondary (despite a few outstanding plays by the likes of Chris Davis) is for real either and Winston will have scope to make hay too.

It looks like a track meet on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think it will be:

BCS: Auburn vs FSU
    Orange: Clemson vs OSU
    Sugar: Oklahoma vs Alabama
    Fiesta: Baylor vs UCF
    Rose: Stanford vs MSU

And Oregon to lose out. Oklahoma are a huge draw and, deserve it or not, their win yesterday will catapult them into the top 14 and eligibility and I think Oregon will lose out as a result.

;)

Notre Dame to play Rutgers in Yankee Stadium on the 28th. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Don't worry, Notre Dame will keep it close (note, I'm deliberately not using the word interesting!) well into the 4th quarter.

Here's the full 2013/2014 Bowl games' schedule:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/201314-Bowl-Schedule-2180.html

Planning to catch a lot of these over Chrimbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Fresno State vs USC on December 21st is one I am looking forward to seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Army/Navy kicking off now. Army looking for their first win in 12 attempts. It would be nice to see them get it after what happened last year (fumble in the red zone on a drive to win the game).

Navy 13.5 point favourites though, so unlikely.

Army not helping their chances by coughing up the ball like that.

That's one of the worst passing attempts I've ever seen.

Down by 17, they got no offense, it's snowing......it's looking as bad for Army as the battle of the Bulge!

• Advertisement

polaris68 wrote: »
    Down by 17, they got no offense, it's snowing......it's looking as bad for Army as the battle of the Bulge!

It's game over. I switched it off at half time. Pretty boring watching 99% running plays IMO.

Mack Brown has resigned from Texas, hours after Nick Saban signed a new contract with Alabama.

There were strong reports that Saban would join Texas replacing Brown (and had been offered a substantial financial package to do so) but it seems Brown really didn't want Saban replacing him and left it long enough to ensure that Saban wouldn't take the Texas job :pac: sticking it to Saban and Texas (who had pretty much tried to force him out).

Nice move, Mack! :pac:

Some more info:

http://fansided.com/2013/12/14/mack-brown-threatened-to-go-public-with-info-on-nick-saban-according-to-chip-brown/

Texas have been chasing Saban for two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

just got tickets to penn state-ucf next august off of the oh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Paully D wrote: »
    Mack Brown has resigned from Texas, hours after Nick Saban signed a new contract with Alabama.

There were strong reports that Saban would join Texas replacing Brown (and had been offered a substantial financial package to do so) but it seems Brown really didn't want Saban replacing him and left it long enough to ensure that Saban wouldn't take the Texas job :pac: sticking it to Saban and Texas (who had pretty much tried to force him out).

Nice move, Mack! :pac:

Some more info:

http://fansided.com/2013/12/14/mack-brown-threatened-to-go-public-with-info-on-nick-saban-according-to-chip-brown/

Texas have been chasing Saban for two years now.

Saban never even showed the remotest likelihood of actually leaving Tuscaloosa. Boosters "having a conversation" with him a year ago is about as piss-poor a "drama" as I've seen reported. For Mack Brown it showed disrespect to him as the current coach but that hardly means Saban was terribly interested in the Texas job.

He's a 61 year-old man who has built a monster and with all the comforts that come from having a successful program and a fan-base in love with him, going to a Texas job that at one point in the past may have been the top job in the nation - with its access to Texas high school football - and trying to rebuild a demanding program isn't something that would particularly appeal. Too much uncertainty and too much risk.

His agent may have parleyed it into a better contract but then everyone knows the Tide wouldn't let the heart of what is now a dynasty go. Saban will quite happily play out the rest of his coaching career right where he is.

Bowl season kicks off tonight with the Las Vegas bowl the pick of the bunch. Attractive enough match up between Fresno State and 'SC.

Be interesting to get a look at the Fresno QB, Derek Carr, in action.

Well at half time. despite the rankings, Fresno look completely out of their depth.

Trojan defense has Carr under tremendous pressure.

Fresno has scored 2 TDs off SC turnovers. Still 18 points down however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Bottlers of the year award has to go to Washington state. 15 points up, give up a TD with 3 minutes to go, then have 2nd and 10 just after the 2 minute warning and Colorado state holding no timeouts, (basically they can all but run the clock out) but fumble the ball on their 33. Colorado State scores a TD and then the 2 pointer to tie the game and on the next kickoff Washington state fumbles and Colorado State kick a FG to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Notre Dame/Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl started at 5,incase anyone forgot.

Some decent bowl games on this evening. Notre Dame - Rutgers at Yankee Stadium has just started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Notre Dame doing well offensively.

Rutgers hanging in their with some huge plays.

Folston is playing well but Tommy Rees is having a stinker.

This Notre Dame team is plain garbage, Rutgers are downright awful and they are about to go 17-13 up.

Two shyte teams gumming each other to death.

Jesus Tommy actually makes a decent throw and it goes straight through Daniels hands!!! :(

Just one more half of football with Tommy Rees as Notre Dame QB.

Thank ****.

God Rees clock management is bloody awful

This is the most undisciplined, uncomposed and unprepared team i've seen in the Bowl season so far(granted i haven't seen all the games)
    Brian Kelly has a lot to answer for.

Its been very poor but Rutgers are not becoming very sloppy.

• Advertisement

Good drive here - but the red zone awaits.

Advertisement