Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭robluvshandegg

Paully D wrote: »
    #1 rated in the country Leonard Fournette just declared for LSU over Alabama.

Good news for them after they lost out on two other five star recruits and a four star they thought they had in the bag, Tony Brown (CB who went to Alabama), Gerard Willis III (DE who went to Florida) and Speedy Noil (WR who went to A&M).

BdA25hZCUAAzNcT.png

Leonard Fournette
    Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 226
    4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash

He's being compared to Adrian Peterson! Looks crazy good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Time for some real defence, hopefully.

Syferus wrote: »
    Time for some real defence, hopefully.

Not from the Sooners, I guess.

I thought the Tide might come out and try to blow Oklahoma away early but Cooper did that pretty much all by himself.

Amazing INT by the Tide. This one mightn't last very long.

Edit: Very un-AJ INT on the very next play, don't know what he saw on that play.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shaping up to be a good one this, hopefully it continues.

• Advertisement

Oh christ Cade.

The Tide starting to look like the Tide. Looking energised for the first time since that first drive.

Some special running from Henry right now. Literally dragging Sooner defenders up the field with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Trevor Knight having a monster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

bama going need their run game to do the work here, AJ just not at it his one strength hasnt shined tonight looks mentally away.

• Advertisement

McCarron's Bama career ends with a fumble returned for a TD, game over.

Great game but it always felt like a strange shift by the Tide, flirting with good defence only to give huge yardage on third downs and far too many predictable screens to Cooper made the Sooners' job a lot easier on defence too. You have perhaps the best QB in Tide history and you reduce him to flinging dump-offs like a freshman starter? There was pressure but not all the time.

Saban's Bama have always had trouble working themselves up for non-title bowl games, I guess they just are built to win the big one or nothing at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pretty happy to see Alabama lose to be honest, they haven't been anywhere near as good this year and it has shown up last night and against Auburn.

With Georgia also losing that's both SEC championship teams from last year losing.

Nice to see some non SEC teams winning these games for a change. Hopefully Florida State can finish the job on Monday night too.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Pretty happy to see Alabama lose to be honest, they haven't been anywhere near as good this year and it has shown up last night and against Auburn.

With Georgia also losing that's both SEC championship teams from last year losing.

Nice to see some non SEC teams winning these games for a change. Hopefully Florida State can finish the job on Monday night too.

The sixth-ranked SEC team (one without a defence, if we're being honest) came back and beat the ACC runners-up after they had lead 38-17 at the half.

There's an incredible imbalance between some of the so-called power conferences, ones like the Pac-12 and the SEC and to a lesser extent the Big 12 have way more depth than the likes of the Big 10, the ACC or (the soon to be non-power) AAC.

The reason SEC teams have won so many titles is because they have the best conference. You can't beat quality opposition for preparing you to face one of the top two in the nation. As long as teams like Ohio State try to make the big game by feasting on poor teams I have little sympathy for those conferences' plights.

Once the play-off system eventually expands to eight teams you could very easily have three or four SEC (or if they're in form, the Pac-12) teams in the play-offs. It ain't going away.

ESPN's college football images of the year video:

Been trying to find a better Youtube link but this is the best I could find, the link below is to the video on ESPN.com, proper aspect ratio and all.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10217860&categoryid=2378529

two interesting games tonight from what i have seen ohio st lucky too lead.

Manziel surely has seen his stock rise now, he was a 1st/2nd round on paper but now surely 1st rounder and probably goes early. His drive and attitude was so positive in their bowl game, reeled up his whole team coachs will love him when they meet him

Whose bright idea was it to run two of the most prestigious bowl games in direct competition with one another?

Syferus wrote: »
    Whose bright idea was it to run two of the most prestigious bowl games in direct competition with one another?

tv it seems abc showing cotton bowl, should been a 12 and 2 at least too seperate them out insane trying keep up with both endings.

manafana wrote: »
    tv it seems abc showing cotton bowl, should been a 12 and 2 at least too seperate them out insane trying keep up with both endings.

I guess so, apparently ESPN hovering up the rights to BCS bowls ended the Cotton Bowl's campaign to become a BCS bowl the last time the contracts were up.

The Cotton Bowl is going to be a rotating host for one of the semi-final play-offs so I don't know how tv clashes will shake out next year.

Wild game in the Orange Bowl, Miller was punch drunk by the end. Should have been pulled in all honesty. It wasn't like it was his last game either so it was a little dodgy that Meyer would run him into the ground.

OSU had a touch of the Bamas about them together, just didn't seem in peak form and couldn't muster a proper backlash from their end-of-season loss in 2013. Some of the top teams just don't seem to be fully engaged for these bowl games. It's hard to imagine as sub-par an offering from either had they been playing in national title semi-finals. For all the good games we've had this week I'm glad to see these glorified exhibition ties being reduced in number.

Mizzou have took care of the Cowboys and it sounds like it was a good game too, though I didn't see any of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just watched the orange bowl, great game. Love Watkins, he's going to be a great player.

Wouldn't agree with pulling Miller, you need to leave him in there.

Great game all in all.

Jordan Matthews putting on a show for Vandy at Legion Field today. He's going to make an NFL team very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

How do people think the big dance will shape up tonight?

Was all Auburn but the closer we get to the game, the more I think FSU can cover the -10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bateman wrote: »

Was all Auburn but the closer we get to the game, the more I think FSU can cover the -10.

I think FSU will comfortably cover the spread. Just think Auburn are so lucky to have made it this far. Could be similar to Bama vs ND from last years title game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bateman wrote: »

I think FSU will comfortably cover the spread. Just think Auburn are so lucky to have made it this far. Could be similar to Bama vs ND from last years title game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Can't see Auburn imploding like Notre Dame did last year - Malzahn is an excellent coach - but I think FSU will shade it.

Im not totally sold on winston if put in right situations he doesnt have every pass in game, their defence is pretty good but they havn't really faced anyone set up like auburn.

Auburn meanwhile have faced a whole host of qb talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Surely Bo wins coin toss? :)

Edit: Guess I don't know Bo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Somboby give me a reason to watch this game. Who are the players to watch

Check out FSU QB Winston who won the Heisman this season.

They also have a good CB in Joyner and WR in Benjamin (both of whom should be in the draft this year).

For Auburn, Keep an eye on Tre Mason (Running Back) who should go to the draft this year too..

I'm sure some other posters can point out some other players to watch.

Enjoy the game..

FSU looking pretty good on this opening drive

• Advertisement

3 - 0

Advertisement