Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hoping for a good close game, last year was a bit of a let down, most of the BCS bowl games have been very good, so hoping that will continue tonight!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

How does Winston rank among guys like Bridgewater and Manziel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

3 - 0

Big stop by the Tigers. Very important not to be gashed by a lethal FSU red zone offense on the first series.

Syferus wrote: »
    Big stop by the Tigers. Very important not to be gashed by a lethal FSU red zone offense on the first series.

It was pretty good defence by Auburn there to avoid the Touchdown

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How does Winston rank among guys like Bridgewater and Manziel?

Well this is his first year playing so he is not eligible for the draft. He looks good, he'll certainly go to the NFL.

He has some "off the field" issues that you may want to google, but on his play alone he looks very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well this is his first year playing so he is not eligible for the draft. He looks good, he'll certainly go to the NFL.

He has some "off the field" issues that you may want to google, but on his play alone he looks very good.

How'd he win the heisman with all that circling around him anyway? I always thought it was half a football award and half an award for being inspiring (ie boring)?

Nice play from Auburn there. Pined FSU back. Good pass defensive on 3rd down

How'd he win the heisman with all that circling around him anyway? I always thought it was half a football award and half an award for being inspiring (ie boring)?

Think Charges were dropped before the voting took place, nott 100% sure there, didn't follow the story that closely

Cam won it in 2010. Both very correct decisions in hindsight.

That whole episode smacked of opportunism and given how the case fell apart it's a good thing the voters paid no heed.

WAR EAGLE.

First time FSU have trailed since September.

• Advertisement

FSU 3 - 7 AUB

Idiocy taking out the punter

Cam won it in 2010. Both very correct decisions in hindsight.

That whole episode smacked of opportunism and given how the case fell apart it's a good thing the voters paid no heed.

I honestly know nothing about this, and virtually nothing about college football (only slightly less than I know about NFL), I just always assumed they have it to boring, vanilla "role models" like Tim Tebow or Manti Teo (I know he didn't get it but you get my meaning... There's already a nice easily digestible "narrative" behind the guy, often carefully manicured).

On another point of my ignorance, right bang in the middle of the BCS championship game, of course... Why are the hash marks so far apart. Looks like it makes field goals much more difficult, but what else does it do? I suppose it forces the defensive line to one side and encourages rushing out wide, but why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Auburn defence is bringing it big time! This is great fun :D

No idea to be honest,makes kicks more interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Auburn beginning to dominate defensively. These guys are fast !

polaris68 wrote: »
    Auburn beginning to dominate defensively. These guys are fast !

Auburn are under-sized all over. This is the best I've seen an Auburn defence play in years.

Thank you LaMarcus.

WAR EAGLE.

Damn, Nick. Damn.

Wow brilliant TD from Auburn 14 - 3

• Advertisement

Thank you LaMarcus.

He's regretting it now anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Auburn are kicking ass. Really enjoying this

I honestly know nothing about this, and virtually nothing about college football (only slightly less than I know about NFL), I just always assumed they have it to boring, vanilla "role models" like Tim Tebow or Manti Teo (I know he didn't get it but you get my meaning... There's already a nice easily digestible "narrative" behind the guy, often carefully manicured).

On another point of my ignorance, right bang in the middle of the BCS championship game, of course... Why are the hash marks so far apart. Looks like it makes field goals much more difficult, but what else does it do? I suppose it forces the defensive line to one side and encourages rushing out wide, but why?

Well Johnny Football won it last year. Hardly vanilla but Sumlin did stop him from talking to the media 'till his freshman season was over.

Politics can certainly effect the choices, though.

Well Johnny Football won it last year. Hardly vanilla but Sumlin did stop him from talking to the media 'till his freshman season was over.

Politics can certainly effect the choices, though.
    Fair point about Manziel, as I say, I know nothing about college football, have watched maybe ten games in my life.

FSU looking rattled.

FSU looking rattled.

Haven't been in a hole like this all season. This will test their character.

FSU looking rattled.

Haven't been in a hole like this all season. This will test their character.

A TD from Auburn here would leave it very difficult for FSU to get back.

Oh missed FG. A turning point maybe?

• Advertisement

Auburn QB has some serious moves coming out of the pocket. Coupe of times Florida have been at a loss what to do with him

Advertisement