Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Some laughably bad tackling on show here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Justin10

Some laughably bad tackling on show here.

Really is so bad, makes for an entertaining game though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Everyone avoiding this until they watch the Clemson game? :D

Cracking win for them! I really fancy them to make a push for the Championship game this year.

Two ranked teams knocked off already, Oregon State losing 49-46 to East Washington and 19th ranked Boise State got HAMMERED 38-6 by the Huskies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Georgia @ Clemson, lads? I don't really like backing anything on the first week but think there's value in Clemson at +2.5 and over 69.5 points.

Edit - over, not under.

Both came in and of course I didn't back either. :pac:

What a game that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Next Saturday ESPN has college gameday from 2pm, Florida vs Miami from 5pm & Oregon @ Virginia from 9. I guess they will prob have a late game as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Didn't bother getting Sky Sports in since ESPN is gone from their package? It was handy for the college games. Are you guys using ESPN College Pass for games, or do you know any good quality stream sites? PM's appreciated.

Teddy Bridgewater starting the season well, 9 for 9 122 yards 2tds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

trickyvillanova_medium.gif

Watching the BC game yesterday and the cameraman was fooled by the Punt fake by Villanova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Jameis Winston has had a phenomenal game so far for FSU.

If he keeps this standard up for the whole year he could be a dark horse for the Heisman.

Going for the following this weekend:

South Carolina -11
    Cincinnati -10.5
    Texas Tech -4
    Northern Illinois +3
    Might stick a few quid now on Florida State (-10.5) and Northwestern (-6).

Perfect opening weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

TO. wrote: »
    trickyvillanova_medium.gif

Watching the BC game yesterday and the cameraman was fooled by the Punt fake by Villanova.

Ha! This is so annoying, I keep re-watching it to see where the fake happens, but can't cus the cameraman missed it! Yet I still keep watching...looking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Ha! This is so annoying, I keep re-watching it to see where the fake happens, but can't cus the cameraman missed it! Yet I still keep watching...looking...

Focus on the guy in the backfield right at the start you see him taking the snap while standing then he goes into a 3 point stance and fakes another snap to what would have been the punter or the other 2 protectors. Took me a while to figure it out watching it live also.:D

Here is the vid

Going for the following this weekend:

Florida -3
    Cincinatti -8
    Stanford -26.5
    Wyoming -28
    Oklahoma State -26.5
    Oregon -22

Four big favourites in there so I don't expect all four to cover, but couldn't choose between them!

Keeping an eye out for the Louisville and Texas Tech spreads. Will take Louisville if they're anything around -28 and Texas Tech at anything less than -38. Two more bug favourites which is probably stupid consider my above bets, but I'll learn the hard way.

South Carolina @ Georgia at 9pm followed by Notre Dame @ Michigan at 1am. There's my night planned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Looks like College Football Live is on ESPN (BT) !
    Didn't think it was coming back!
    Hello couch! It's been a while!

XzTvqHD.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

So im reading bit on forums and Cincinnati look a good early pick for me -7.5 the lwoest line with hills. Illnois fans not confident of a good season this year

Stanford -26.5

Big chance for David Fales to impress. Stanford D will need to be on top form

Hell of a throw from Stephen Morris - take a look on the Gamecast on ESPN where there's highlights. Flick of the wrist and he throws it 50 yards, impressive as hell.

• Advertisement

Jeez, Western Kentucky have 5 turnovers in their last 6 plays against Tennessee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Miami going to take down the Gators, impressive stuff but Florida have been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Maybe not. TD Gators.

Hope The U hold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Is anyone else having problems accessing the Espn player.

Website is down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

polaris68 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems accessing the Espn player.

Website is down for me.

Yup it's been down for the past 2-3 hours. NFL gamepass is down as well. Apparently it's run by the same crowd so they'd want to get their act together fast.

And another problem today is that ESPN aren't showing any of the big games online even before the site went down so I'm forced back to streams for the day. Miami Florida, South Carolina Georgia and ND Michigan were all supposed to be on it this week but when I went looking this evening none were available. Hardly a top 25 team to be seen in the list of games that they were going to show.

Not a happy customer today whatsoever.

5 turnovers in 6 plays for Western Kentucky :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Paid 20 euro yesterday for a months subscription. They will be getting an angry email from me tomorrow if they haven't this sorted for South Carolina - Georgia and especially Notre Dame - Michigan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Mariota underscoring his Heisman run with a 71 yard TD. The kid clocks a 10.4 100 metre sprint, but that was just ridiculously easy.

De'Anthony with a second after a blocked punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I really wanna see the Ducks play Alabama this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I really wanna see the Ducks play Alabama this year!!

Oh yeah, that game should have been played last season. Hopefully it'll be this one.

It's hard to know when to look away. Mitchell just picked off the Virginia QB, takes it to the 40, and on the next play De'Anthony takes it down the sideline for 6. Crazy fast.

Advertisement