Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Finally the ND defence shows up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Bout damn time go Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Heffo001

Tuitt has better hands than Atkinson!

C'mon 3 and out here!

Gooood field position!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Michigan doing their best to throw this away now!

Ok defense, another stop!

I didn't see pass interference there. Though call imo.

Heffo001 wrote: »
    I didn't see pass interference there. Though call imo.

It was was a bullsh1t call! Probably will cost nd the game.

Tommy Rees tries to force it and that's the game.

• Advertisement

Got some breaks at important times last year, most of the breaks went against ND in this game. Need to improve on D in order to get to a BCS bowl.

I thought they should have run the ball more as well. Would have set up more manageable 2nd and 3rd downs and more play action opportunities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Really can't take a whole season of this shít, Kessler and Wittek are awful. May as well get Browne some experience, he can't be as bad as those two.

Also, BYU have rushed for over 530 yards against Texas so far, still 10 mins to go in the 4th :eek:

Booed off at HT and rightly so. 73 yards of offence on 29 plays. Pathetic.

Kiffin out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Kiffin out :mad:

No surprise they lost TBH. I saw them last week against Hawaii and they were piss poor. I actually expected them to lose this week.

Kiffin defo needs to get the boot.

Whilst were at it Chow out aswell. He needs to go back to being an OC not a head coach. Ive never seen us be so bad as we have since he took over and that's saying something because McMakin before him was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The Aggies' defence looks porous as all hell. Even with lads coming back in leading into the Bama game it's a huge worry that could derail them. If anyone is going to nix Manziel it'll be Saban and he's already got his first taste of what he's all about. GotY written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--ties-between-former-alabama-player-and-agents-documented-by-text-messages-203153323.html

Interesting story on agents and fees paid to some Bama players and other big name players. Obviously, just a drop in the ocean compared to what goes on but seems like Luther Davis had a pretty wealthy time in college!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

all the top guys are at it. Its a farce of a system TBH. NCAA deciding who to go after when they know themselves there all at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

D3PO wrote: »
    No surprise they lost TBH. I saw them last week against Hawaii and they were piss poor. I actually expected them to lose this week.

Kiffin defo needs to get the boot.

Whilst were at it Chow out aswell. He needs to go back to being an OC not a head coach. Ive never seen us be so bad as we have since he took over and that's saying something because McMakin before him was terrible

Puts Matt Barkley's so-called collapse into perspective. The kid took the fall for USC's horrible season, and in reality, he was propping up a far worse team than anyone realised.

This TCU @ Texas Tech game has been absolutely fantastic, and completely bonkers. Everything bizarre that can happen in a game has happened. Fantastic stuff, and drama yet to come too. In comparison to the snoozefest in New England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Can't wait for the Alabama game today.

Really disappointed they are showing Notre Dame two weeks in a row. Would have much preferred Texas - Ole Miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

any descents bets to look at today in the ncaa? 1st season really to be getting into the college ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

I have backed Texas AM at 5/2....

I cannot understand how big they are. Texas AM have the best offense in college football with the best quarterback. They can run, the can scramble they have good wideouts. They are at home.

Now look at there defense sure it has been crap so far, but Bama don't have Eddie Lacy to soften up the defensive line and there 3 NFL offensive linemen. McCarron has yet to prove to me he can deliver the ball when the pressure is all on his shoulders.

I reckon it will be a shootout and the better offense wins.

I have backed Texas AM at 5/2....

I cannot understand how big they are. Texas AM have the best offense in college football with the best quarterback. They can run, the can scramble they have good wideouts. They are at home.

Now look at there defense sure it has been crap so far, but Bama don't have Eddie Lacy to soften up the defensive line and there 3 NFL offensive linemen. McCarron has yet to prove to me he can deliver the ball when the pressure is all on his shoulders.

I reckon it will be a shootout and the better offense wins.

cheers man. will throw something on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I will be looking at all the games here

I have no star picks for now but will post anything stand out up here A&M do look value at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Penn State and UCF square off today so although there will be some change to the rosters etc, we should at least get some kind of idea on whether next season's game here will be competitive.

Now look at there defense sure it has been crap so far, but Bama don't have Eddie Lacy to soften up the defensive line and there 3 NFL offensive linemen.

Personally I think TJ Yeldon is the better back than either Lacy or Ingram before him. And that A&M secondary is so bad that McCarron and Cooper could have a field day.

Too hard to call. I went with Texas A&M +7.5 just because the home crowd will be ridiculous, and I like elite quarterbacks getting points. But at the same time, I could equally see an Alabama blow out.

I went with two trebles of Texas A&M (+7.5), Northern Illinois (-28.5) and Northwestern (-30), along with Texas Tech (+3), Wake Forest (-3) and Louisville (-13.5).

manafana wrote: »
    I will be looking at all the games here

I have no star picks for now but will post anything stand out up here A&M do look value at home.

that's great. I was looking for a website similar to that. how good are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

CriticEyes wrote: »
    that's great. I was looking for a website similar to that. how good are they?

its mine mate, i just grab stuff from website, otherwise try sb or espn picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Personally I think TJ Yeldon is the better back than either Lacy or Ingram before him. And that A&M secondary is so bad that McCarron and Cooper could have a field day.

Too hard to call. I went with Texas A&M +7.5 just because the home crowd will be ridiculous, and I like elite quarterbacks getting points. But at the same time, I could equally see an Alabama blow out.

I went with two trebles of Texas A&M (+7.5), Northern Illinois (-28.5) and Northwestern (-30), along with Texas Tech (+3), Wake Forest (-3) and Louisville (-13.5).

Yeldon looked fantastic last year but he was not primary running back. Lacy did a great job softening up defense only for yeldon to come in and make a huge plays against tired opposition.

Hell Yeldon is a damn fine player but we see can he be the guy to really tough out those hard yards as first running back.

Advertisement