Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time travelling alone

• 30-07-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

hey i'm not sure if this is the right forum so feel free to move this to wherever but i'm travelling on my own to heathrow tomorrow and i am very worried about the actual flying aspect of the whole ordeal.
    nothing really bothers me about maneuvering around airports because with my parents im usually the one leading the way but i get extremely nervous during take off and i dont know how im going to calm myself down.

also i have a question about online check-in with aer lingus, is it necessary? every time i attempt it i get hounded to fork out money to select a seat, and i was wondering if it would be okay to check in at the airport.

AND another question, do i have to have multi trip travel insurace details? i can't seem to find anywhere which prompts me to enter it in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tr0llface wrote: »
    i get extremely nervous during take off and i dont know how im going to calm myself down.

If the change in air pressure adds to your anxiety, consider using travel ear plugs, you can buy then in most chemists. You put them in before takeoff and they slow down the change in air pressure in your ear. You can take them out soon after the plane has reached cruising altitude but for a flight to Heathrow you could just as well leave them in for the whole flight.

There's normally a few bumps as the plane climbs through various layers of air but as soon as you clear the clouds it's normally very stable. I just grit my teeth, look straight ahead and try to breathe normally.
    also i have a question about online check-in with aer lingus, is it necessary? every time i attempt it i get hounded to fork out money to select a seat, and i was wondering if it would be okay to check in at the airport.

Beginning 30 hours before the flight you can check-in and select a seat and it's free. More than 30 hours before the flight you have to pay. Printing the boarding pass at home means you can go straight to the security queue when you get to the airport, assuming you have carry-on bags only.
    AND another question, do i have to have multi trip travel insurace details? i can't seem to find anywhere which prompts me to enter it in.

Airlines do not ask for details of your travel insurance. If you see any mention of travel insurance when booking or checking in, it's because they are trying to sell it to you, just say you don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

thanks a million, just printed my boarding pass :)

Advertisement