Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wacky apple

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Lets hope the new guys stock some local beers and not just the Diageo/Heino brands like most pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im going to use that as an opportunity to plug the new flavoured Metalman beer, called Smokescreen, lads get a pint of this quick as when its gone its gone sadly. Really tasty dark beer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kryogen wrote: »
    Im going to use that as an opportunity to plug the new flavoured Metalman beer, called Smokescreen, lads get a pint of this quick as when its gone its gone sadly. Really tasty dark beer

Haven't heard of it. Is it a seasonal? Nothing on their site or Facebook that I've seen yet anyway.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Haven't heard of it. Is it a seasonal? Nothing on their site or Facebook that I've seen yet anyway.

We just a keg delivered to us on Thursday and I have ordered more yesterday, going down brilliantly. Don't think much was made, Moonbeam is next afaik

Not sure where else has it, but we have it in Oskars (well, we have some left!) I cant really explain it, its kind of smokey, there is lots going on in the beer though and I would highly recommend you try it before its gone. I have asked for it to be kept or at least put in a regular rotation :)

Didnt realize you worked in Oscars Kryogen, always enjoy the craft choice in there :) Still devasted Punk isn't on draught anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

nkay1985 wrote: »

really enjoyed a few moonbeams lately. Where is smokescreen available?

Didnt realize you worked in Oscars Kryogen, always enjoy the craft choice in there :) Still devasted Punk isn't on draught anymore :(

Thanks :) And yep its missed alright, we decided to go with 3 Metalman taps instead though, always nice to support local, and particularly when the beer is so good!

Max Powers wrote: »
    really enjoyed a few moonbeams lately. Where is smokescreen available?

Smokescreen is in Oskars, other then that Im not sure tbh

kryogen wrote: »
    Thanks :) And yep its missed alright, we decided to go with 3 Metalman taps instead though, always nice to support local, and particularly when the beer is so good!

Wasn't Punk replaced by Pilsner Urquell?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

miss the Punk on draught too --- but love the new flying Dog Raging Bitch - and Doggie style - tasty - but mad names!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

has the wacky reopened? anyone been in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

leduke wrote: »
    has the wacky reopened? anyone been in there?

reopened last night and is called the hub

havent been in there so cant comment on what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

reopened last night and is called the hub

havent been in there so cant comment on what its like

Opening delayed due to building works as per facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/TheHubWaterford

Opening delayed due to building works as per facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/TheHubWaterford

So whats the deal lucky, will you be stocking metalman or any other craft beers? Open next weekend?

So whats the deal lucky, will you be stocking metalman or any other craft beers? Open next weekend?

It's my sister who will be running the bar. Afaik they may stock craft beers just not sure which ones as of yet. I will pass it on to her

It's my sister who will be running the bar. Afaik they may stock craft beers just not sure which ones as of yet. I will pass it on to her

She has been in discussions with metal man brewery about stocking their products. They are very happy with her plans for the place. Follow the twitter page for updates :D

"“@metalmanbrewing: Great to meet the folks re-opening the former Old Rogue this morning - looking forward to seeing it as @TheHubWaterford !”

Advertisement