Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

63Amp mcb in Meter Cabinet.

Options
  • 31-07-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Would any of you guy's have a problem with a 63Amp Double pole mcb being installed? I ask this because I noticed another Electrician wiring a new house for a friend, I myself being of the Industrial/Commercial Electrician I take a liking to big fancy Isolator's and the such, would have place 63amp double pole in. Providing SC&OL to the 16mm tails going to the CU and a decent Isolation also.

I asked this to the same fellow and he looked at me if I was mad (used a single pole). He also placed a "C" type stating it allows for better in rush currents fair enough. I myself would have placed a "B" type for a domestic dwelling and impedance values. I can't see it breaching 533.3.5 and the neutralizing link is still unbroken to the board?

Am I mad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Reci were recommending a type C mcb for better discrimination but earth fault loop impeadances were a problem with the old values in the rules. Not sure if it a big issue now with the new values

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Ah ok, I take it is fine to use a double pole so?

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement