Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO mistake!!!!

• 31-07-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hey guys, i have just finished the leaving and i have commerce and spanish in nuig as my number 1 choice. However i have had a change of heart and now really want to go to ucc to study commerce. is it game over? have i completely messed it up? and is there ANYTHING i can do to change it?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh, you really don't have any options, at least for this year ... probably your best option is to do first year in NUIG and apply for a transfer to second year in UCC, if you still want to move.

Why the change of heart, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Dude its almost 2 weeks to results. Not a chance in hell can you change to be honest. Why the sudden change. Whats in UCC over NUIG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

The only chance of you changing your course would be if you pestered them with phone calls and emails all day every day for the next two weeks and even then it is highly highly highly unlikely you would be able to change your course. Unfortunately you may have to stick it out in NUIG for at least a year until you can transfer, or else repeat.

But as mentioned already, why do you have a change of heart? I would've thought a commerce & Spanish degree would give you a lot more attractive job prospects than just a commerce degree. And NUIG is of the same standard as UCC in my eyes, both socially and academically.

Pestering them with calls is no good. His application is most likely processed by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pestering them with calls is no good. His application is most likely processed by now.

No 'most likely' about it. Computer says no!

Enjoy Galway OP. A fun town. The lingo will come in handy down at the Spanish Arch...

• Advertisement

I'll see ya there OP.

kingcobra wrote: »
    The only chance of you changing your course would be if you pestered them with phone calls and emails all day every day for the next two weeks ...
    Please don't do this, conan, it won't make the slightest bit of difference, it will make for some very pissed-off staff at the CAO and it will only take their time from other queries which they may be able to help with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Please don't do this, conan, it won't make the slightest bit of difference, it will make for some very pissed-off staff at the CAO and it will only take their time from other queries which they may be able to help with.

Well that was really hyperbole, it probably didn't help my point that it's impossible to change your CAO list now! The colleges would have all the respective course applicants on record now and are probably about to receive the results and then find out who won spots in the course, if not already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

The only chance you have is to wait until you get your results and hope that ucc comes up on the vacant places section but tbh I wouldn't rely on that as it means you can't really accept the place you do get and even if it comes up you still are only applying and may not get it, what about doing a plc for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 shanelad95

just heard heard a few bad things about galway and the dropout rate in galway is crazy :/ might be great craic but at the end of the day i do want a job haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

To be fair I'd say you'd hear things like that about every college no matter how good it is. It's up to you to work and not drop out no matter where you are :P

just heard heard a few bad things about galway
    IT ALL LIES AND SLANDER!!!

Its a top place.

Hows this for a stat. The suicide rate and dropout rate in UCD is the highest in the country. Does everyone come out needing therapy?

I'll wager a guess that the dropout rate is high because people looking more for a party gravitate towards Galway and when they cant hack the work they drop out.
    i do want a job

Degrees from NUIG are worth as much as any other college.

But you would change your mind now on a bit of hearsay and word of mouth. Why choose NUIG in the first place? What has been said to make you want to change your first choice?

Why would you miss the chance to meet me? :pac:

Why would you miss the chance to meet me? :pac:
    You were doing so well, and then ... :(

The parts above still stand. If I'm going to this place I deserve to hear all the dirty rotten lies rumours

Advertisement