Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

matthew8 wrote: »
    Ireland are 4/11 to win the Arg series 2-0. Considering most of Argentina's players are semi-pros from their own leagues while resting the main men who play up north and England (without Lions) beat them very easily last year I think that's a fantastic bet.

Agreed!

Old Balance: 21.89 units

- 5 units (evens) Leinster -6

Open Bet:
    16.5 units (4/11) Ireland 2-0 Argentina

New Balance: 0.39 units

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Haha thomond you bring the term loss-chasing to a new level, but I think you've gone about it the right way these last 2 weeks. I'll stick with my boring old 1 unit single, Ireland 2-0 1.36.

Edit: Actually, screw it, 5.5 units 4/11 Ireland 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Double of Saints +3 and Leinster -6 for this evenign

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Leinster to win at 2/5 looks very good odds for a jump or part of a treble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

lazyman wrote: »
    Leinster to win at 2/5 looks very good odds for a jump or part of a treble.

They're terrible odds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They're terrible odds!

You think that's bad. I went into a bookies today asked about BOD MOTM got quoted 1/2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Double of Saints +3 and Leinster -6 for this evenign

boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

After a lengthy bad run things began to turn today. A mere 24% down instead of a wipeout.

I backed Sarries to win and at full time (14-14) I cursed my luck, switched off the laptop and went shopping. Passing my local I noticed the match still appeared to be on and when I got home flicked on the radio to hear all the TMO talk and and thought whooohoo I've won after all ..only to have the Saints try allowed. In terms of the reverse endorphin rush - twice in one match result is a bit much. :D

May+31st+2014+PP.JPG

Anybody looked at England vs Barbarians match today (3pm Sky Sports 1)? An English team with hardly a name that you would recognise against a massively strong Barbarians starting line-up that includes Hosea Gear, Joe Rokocoko, Rene Ranger, Jimmy Cowan, Benson Stanley, Brock James - and Donncha O'Callaghan.

It could be a cracker to watch and PP are offering a Barbarians win at 6/4 on with England favourites at 1/2. For the more foolhardy (JD), Barbarians -8 at 16/5 is almost too tempting to pass up on. :D

Agreed!

Old Balance: 21.89 units

- 5 units (evens) Leinster -6 :D

Open Bet:

New Balance: 0.39 units

New Balance: 10.39 units

• Advertisement

Anybody looked at England vs Barbarians match today (3pm Sky Sports 1)? An English team with hardly a name that you would recognise against a massively strong Barbarians starting line-up that includes Hosea Gear, Joe Rokocoko, Rene Ranger, Jimmy Cowan, Benson Stanley, Brock James - and Donncha O'Callaghan.

It could be a cracker to watch and PP are offering a Barbarians win at 6/4 on with England favourites at 1/2. For the more foolhardy (JD), Barbarians -8 at 16/5 is almost too tempting to pass up on. :D

G'wan sure:

- 2.5 units (6/4) Barbarians to win
    - 1.25 units (12/5) Barbarians -5

Open Bet:

New Balance: 6.64 units

Yeah, what the hell I've gone for Barbarians -5 at 12/5. Lots of stuff being talked about pride in the jersey etc.etc. :D

1 unit Chiefs to win 1.74 (moneyline), 1 unit Castres +7.5 1.95.

The 1 point handicap loss in the last couple of minutes, ugh, but the reverse happened in my favour in the Munster-Toulon match. 52.88

Barbarians are very fancied for the England match, they went from 6 point underdogs to 3 point underdogs. I'm reluctant to bet on a mickey mouse match, but I've got on the Barbarians at 2.62 for one unit.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Excellent!

Baabaas by 10

The 6/4 bet was a great call.

The 1 point handicap loss in the last couple of minutes, ugh, but the reverse happened in my favour in the Munster-Toulon match. 52.88

Barbarians are very fancied for the England match, they went from 6 point underdogs to 3 point underdogs. I'm reluctant to bet on a mickey mouse match, but I've got on the Barbarians at 2.62 for one unit.

54.5 now.

G'wan sure:

- 2.5 units (6/4) Barbarians to win :D
    - 1.25 units (12/5) Barbarians -5 :D

Open Bet:

New Balance: 6.64 units

Great call JD, thanks for the tip! 11.75 units won this weekend not including my future bet on the Argentina series.

New Balance: 17.14 units

Edge of the seat stuff at the end....a converted try for England and I was wasted - again. :D

So here I was bigging up Ireland 2-0 at 1.36 on paddy and Thomond agreed, but you can get Ireland to win the first test at 1.41 on betfair (and for a lot of money too). Have the layers seen the squad? Is there something I don't know?

anyone else think ABs - 19 against england is too strong??

sydthebeat wrote: »

England will start Cipriani/Burns at out-half, no Wood, Hartley, Tom Youngs, Lawes, Billy Vunipola, Burrell, Ashton and plenty of other injuries too. I find it hard to back a team with so many players absent.

• Advertisement

New Zealand -18.5 1 unit 1.92. Not the easiest bet to make but they're stacked with world class players, while England are stacked with average players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭LostArt

sydthebeat wrote: »

-20 when I checked earlier, yet still I'll probably back that

Just noticed Ireland are -11, I'm all over that

yeah when i say the english team, and the players they are missing, i was all over the -20

Ireland out to 12 now, dilemma backing the PP price or waiting for better odds bookies to release theirs at the risk of a higher spread.

EDIT: Betfair have their odds. Ireland -11.5 2.0 1 unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

5 units on Ireland -12
    Awaiting try scorer odds, plan on throwing 5 on Jordi to score in 80

Old Balance: 17.14 units

- 2 units (10/11) France +11
    - 1 unit (4/1) France to win
    - 1 unit (10/11) World XV +15

Open Bet:

New Balance: 13.14 units